• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARK CHOC

Thanks, yeah got another week of waiting to go! eugh, Also on the 10th working day I'll be in Bulgaria lol, shouldn't be a problem unless they call when I'm on the plane lol - Email though I assume if you don't answer. Going so slow!

Congrats on getting through! got dates for your medical and background checks yet?
Thank you bro...so you are gonna get good news and b goin Bulgaria.. treatung urself already lol...they just sent me some questionnaire to fill out and they already sent me like 2 emails saying my work references are not coming bk to them so i got to apply to HMRC for confirmation etc but they did say no training till like Jan or something so i got time 2 sort the little nitty gritty b4 that hopefully

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DARK CHOC

Thanks, yeah got another week of waiting to go! eugh, Also on the 10th working day I'll be in Bulgaria lol, shouldn't be a problem unless they call when I'm on the plane lol - Email though I assume if you don't answer. Going so slow!

Congrats on getting through! got dates for your medical and background checks yet?
Aint gonna lie tho that 10 day wait for me killed me....i have never checked my junk and inbox emails for 2 weeks in my life like that before....i was losing sleep over it and dreaming i got some unsuccessful email lol...but if u have 2 wait he 10 days its likely 2 b positive ..but try take it mind of it have a backup and keep urself busy....

DARK CHOC

Is there anyone who's done there medical recently? and what does it consist off?, very surprised when i was told its at 2 different places, all goof fun though it means the balls rolling and im nearly there!

Good luck Everyone
U got training date yet?

Halfway Boy

Is there anyone who's done there medical recently? and what does it consist off?, very surprised when i was told its at 2 different places, all goof fun though it means the balls rolling and im nearly there!

Good luck Everyone

It’s at 2 different places as you go to 1 to fill out forms, get them signed, check your ID,
Etc then off to 2 for the medical.

No idea why you can’t do both at the same place like every other public sector employer but i find the LU has quite a lot of outdated and inefficient ways of doing things compared to the rest of the public sector (which is saying something) like despite facing a £500m funding gap from the government grant being removed they still find the money to produce, print and post a monthly staff magazine to thousands of staff members homes (while the rest of the public sector have long given these up, or if still produced in house are simply put on the intranet in PDF).

Anyway, I digress.

It was a standard medical really - see the nurse for the basics - weight, height, hearing, drugs test, etc and then an examination by the doctor and going through everything on your medical form.

51mm5

Just done Ac1 today. Feel mostly confident I done ok with all tests except the error id one. My method of working them out was too slow I feel and it was the last test which did not help. Is it possible to do well in most tests and do poorly in one and still get through?

Tron81

Just done Ac1 today. Feel mostly confident I done ok with all tests except the error id one. My method of working them out was too slow I feel and it was the last test which did not help. Is it possible to do well in most tests and do poorly in one and still get through?
It's about accuracy so you should be ok

Adamski

Fingers crossed for you, I've got mine 2moro afternoon. Out of interest how many lines do you think you completed on the scaat tests? I can't seem to get last 3 for the two symbol ones. Doh

51mm5

With the scaat got to around 3 quarters of the way through of each block/page. Does not mean anything though if my accuracy was rubbish lol.

51mm5

Scaat test timing was not revealed on the day, just got to go for it and not worry about the time. Just focus as best you can and you’ll be good. Get some practice in so you’re familiar.

Adamski

Scaat test timing was not revealed on the day, just got to go for it and not worry about the time. Just focus as best you can and you’ll be good. Get some practice in so you’re familiar.

I've been practicing but can't get faster than 3 lines with the dual symbol ones especially the one where you have to choose the first symbol from each line. I can get faster if I start with left to right then right to left on the next line and repeat but I understand this not to be good practice. I'll have another couple of goes today and give it my best. Hopefully be good enough. I'll try not to miss any.

Adamski

Aha so you didn't change page after 30 seconds? Just as and when they said to change.

PudseyBearHST

I didn't get through but good luck to all those doing AC1/AC2 or starting training. Best of luck Jetlagged on your assessment day on Wednesday!

51mm5

Aha so you didn't change page after 30 seconds? Just as and when they said to change.

Yes exactly. When practicing at home I just timed myself in 30 secs intervals and tried to do as many lines as possible at a time. Just to try and get by brain in the zone.

Jetlagged

I didn't get through but good luck to all those doing AC1/AC2 or starting training. Best of luck Jetlagged on your assessment day on Wednesday!

I'm really sorry to hear that PudseyB. What do you plan to do now? Thanks for your good wishes. I've absolutely no more time to practice, so ready or not we'll see what Wednesday brings. Watch this space.

Adamski

I'm really sorry to hear that PudseyB. What do you plan to do now? Thanks for your good wishes. I've absolutely no more time to practice, so ready or not we'll see what Wednesday brings. Watch this space.

Sorry to hear pudsey. Good luck with your future plans.

Good luck jetlagged, mine is 2moro afternoon. I will report back how I found it.

Adamski

Do you have to take a driving licence and passport with you to the AC1 or is it one or the other and do you need to take photocopies too?

TIA.

newlearner

Thank you everyone, I just received the email that i am through to AC2. I would really appreciate help from guys who have just been through their AC2, please inbox with resources. Thanks

PudseyBearHST

Thanks- The ship of the unknown seems empty now so I guess I will take command of it and rename it, "The pool that didn't make it."

On a more serious note, I'm in my second year of university studying Electrical Engineering. I was 18 when I applied for this job and now I am 19 so I am still fairly young. On the plus side, at least I get to keep my free train travel facilities- this probably sounds really bizarre but I really do love my BR pass and taking train rides and I'll be sad to lose them when I start working.

I'll go back to my train simulators on the ipad/PC. In fact, there is one based on the London Underground and I'll download it this week- 16 weeks training? Nonsense- I'll have mastered it in a few hours lol:)

Sorry to hear pudsey. Good luck with your future plans.

Good luck jetlagged, mine is 2moro afternoon. I will report back how I found it.

Thanks mate.

Tron81

Thanks- The ship of the unknown seems empty now so I guess I will take command of it and rename it, "The pool that didn't make it."

On a more serious note, I'm in my second year of university studying Electrical Engineering. I was 18 when I applied for this job and now I am 19 so I am still fairly young. On the plus side, at least I get to keep my free train travel facilities- this probably sounds really bizarre but I really do love my BR pass and taking train rides and I'll be sad to lose them when I start working.

I'll go back to my train simulators on the ipad/PC. In fact, there is one based on the London Underground and I'll download it this week- 16 weeks training? Nonsense- I'll have mastered it in a few hours lol:)

Thanks mate.

You can be second in command... I am still the captain of this ship.... on a more serious note, do you know where you fell short?
I am determined to leave this ship one day.... consider other avenues like customer service roles and that way you can apply internally as they don't have the 2 lives system as far as I am aware. I prefer LU due to the employee community so i will still persue a career with them unless I make it with another TOC.... good luck all those that made it. Anyone who made it it to AC2, feel free to share your approach to the switch test via pm please.. would be much appreciated. Good luck again to everyone. :(

cjunited

It’s at 2 different places as you go to 1 to fill out forms, get them signed, check your ID,
Etc then off to 2 for the medical.

No idea why you can’t do both at the same place like every other public sector employer but i find the LU has quite a lot of outdated and inefficient ways of doing things compared to the rest of the public sector (which is saying something) like despite facing a £500m funding gap from the government grant being removed they still find the money to produce, print and post a monthly staff magazine to thousands of staff members homes (while the rest of the public sector have long given these up, or if still produced in house are simply put on the intranet in PDF).

Anyway, I digress.

It was a standard medical really - see the nurse for the basics - weight, height, hearing, drugs test, etc and then an examination by the doctor and going through everything on your medical form.

Cheers for the info, yeah just seems odd for it to be at different destinations.

Adamski

So did anyone take proof of their national insurance number? Or just took driving licence and passport as ID? I'm surprised it doesn't mention national insurance number.

This is what it says in the email.
What to Bring With You on the Day

Please remember to bring any aids that you use on a daily basis, e.g. reading glasses.

You will need to bring original versions of your photographic ID with you to the Assessment Centre.

Failure to provide this information will result in you not being allowed to sit the Assessment Centre on this day and may result in withdrawal of your application from the Train Operator recruitment process.

Jambo86

So did anyone take proof of their national insurance number? Or just took driving licence and passport as ID? I'm surprised it doesn't mention national insurance number.

This is what it says in the email.
What to Bring With You on the Day

Please remember to bring any aids that you use on a daily basis, e.g. reading glasses.

You will need to bring original versions of your photographic ID with you to the Assessment Centre.

Failure to provide this information will result in you not being allowed to sit the Assessment Centre on this day and may result in withdrawal of your application from the Train Operator recruitment process.

Imagine the heart-sinking feeling when I got to AC1 and realised I had left my passport at home.....

You can be second in command... I am still the captain of this ship.... on a more serious note, do you know where you fell short?
I am determined to leave this ship one day.... consider other avenues like customer service roles and that way you can apply internally as they don't have the 2 lives system as far as I am aware. I prefer LU due to the employee community so i will still persue a career with them unless I make it with another TOC.... good luck all those that made it. Anyone who made it it to AC2, feel free to share your approach to the switch test via pm please.. would be much appreciated. Good luck again to everyone. :(

I like your way of thinking, it is indeed a good company to work for, the positives far outweigh the negatives and you'll find that there are plenty of people that will moan about it, yet 10-15-20 years later there they still are! Like you said, there is no "2 lives" system and there are more ways than one to get your foot into the door, good luck with whichever angle you decide to take.

peculiarfish0

Woo! Got my phone call about 20 minutes ago! Well chuffed

As others have mentioned no training dates till end of January,

But to be honest I don't mind waiting as I'll be spending the winter in the French Alps snowboarding anyway till training starts. Well obvs gotta pass the background checks but should be ok. Oooo can't wait. Well happy. Congrats to everyone else who got through, and good luck to those still waiting.

DARK CHOC

But to be honest I don't mind waiting as I'll be spending the winter in the French Alps snowboarding anyway till training starts. Well obvs gotta pass the background checks but should be ok. Oooo can't wait. Well happy. Congrats to everyone else who got through, and good luck to those still waiting.
Well done and enjoy and b careful on the snow

Adamski

Imagine the heart-sinking feeling when I got to AC1 and realised I had left my passport at home.....

I like your way of thinking, it is indeed a good company to work for, the positives far outweigh the negatives and you'll find that there are plenty of people that will moan about it, yet 10-15-20 years later there they still are! Like you said, there is no "2 lives" system and there are more ways than one to get your foot into the door, good luck with whichever angle you decide to take.

No way?? Epic fail lol

Adamski

Ahhh nice work fella.

Adamski

Just out of ac1 and I think I flunked it, mainly on the error checking. Ahhhhhh I'm an idiot. Bahhh. Off to cry and maybe some beers.

Good luck to the rest of you

Status
Not open for further replies.