• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Thanks Tron. Better than waiting a year for the next external campaign.

You have to pass your probationary period before you can apply for other jobs internally; it's nominally 6 months but it can be longer or shorter.

Internally, Night Tube Train Operator has come out at around the same time as it has externally. Full time T/Op campaigns ran in late 2014 and late 2016, and there is still a huge backlog from that previous campaign. As you will I am sure have noted, Night Tube is being a huge drain on training resources resulting in very long wait times for internal staff, as much as some on here will try to claim otherwise.

(Still have no interest in Train Op before the usual suspects pipe up.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jetlagged

You have to pass your probationary period before you can apply for other jobs internally; it's nominally 6 months but it can be longer or shorter.

Internally, Night Tube Train Operator has come out at around the same time as it has externally. Full time T/Op campaigns ran in late 2014 and late 2016, and there is still a huge backlog from that previous campaign. As you will I am sure have noted, Night Tube is being a huge drain on training resources resulting in very long wait times for internal staff, as much as some on here will try to claim otherwise.

Thanks. Very useful info.

Halfway Boy

To be fair, the “drain” on training resources comes from the amount of NT T/Ops going full time which need to be replaced, and this has accelerated after the union dispute about NT on depot waiting lists being leapfrogged by Full Time trainees coming from the school now being mainly resolved (I believe last I heard they were still arguing over the fact that LU were only offering 1 day a week backpay for those who were leapfrogged and the union wanted 3 days - equivalent to the Full Time salary missed out on)

This was always going to happen, T/Ops union reps (who represent both TO21 and TO23 grades) are going to look after the interests of their members so if NT T/Ops are perceived to be being disadvantaged by LU they will not accept it in the same way they wouldn’t for the full time T/Op members.

Quite a lot of station staff are not happy about the situation, but then equally I’m told there is far more interest from CSA’s about NT now as it’s seen as the best way in to FT, especially if you are strategic with your depot choices.

On one line I know for a solid 16/18 weeks not one trainee coming through the school was Full Time, every single one was NT.

R9mmel

Anyone heard anything regarding progressing to next stage?
Haven't heard anything but I'm not wanting them to rush at the moment. Last year when I applied I got the invite the same day of applying.

I applied to CSA 1 and got the invite yesterday so they must be busy lol

SpringBaby

Anyone heard anything regarding progressing to next stage?

I know quite a few people who applied, myself included, and no one has heard anything back.

My dad also knows 2 people who applied who’ve received a no thank you email. He’s certain that it’s because they’ve failed the SJT but who knows...

Jellytots898

Haven't heard anything but I'm not wanting them to rush at the moment. Last year when I applied I got the invite the same day of applying.

I applied to CSA 1 and got the invite yesterday so they must be busy lol

Are they hiring CSA 1s at the moment??

Jetlagged

Oo I thought they pulled the ad I'll pass on to my friend. Thank you

No. They pulled the TO post, but this one is still open for now. When I went into the scheduler, there were only two AC1 spots left, so tell your friend to move quickly

jellybabyj

Last time out 2017 of which I was one, apparently over 15,000 applied, but that was open longer if I remember !

I was lucky enough to be successful, but 4 months since being offered the job still waiting for training dates :(
In the same boat feller so much so I got to have anouther med as b over 6 months soon

KCJones

Yes, I for NT! I applied last week, completed the SJT on Saturday and received an invite to an interview today.

I know some that applied on Day 1 and have still not received a reply, maybe you scored 100% in the SJT

In the same boat feller so much so I got to have anouther med as b over 6 months soon

Another medical ? ! Crazy system, get excited when you get the call saying you've got the job, but they don't say you'll probably not start for a long long time.

Superflyguy

Many thanks for your replies.....I guess it’s just a waiting game!
Good luck to everyone who applied

chris11256

Am very concerned now. Have just had an email saying my application has been withdrawn. They claim I didn't complete the SJT, when I definitely have. Unfortunately I don't have proof, but I definitely received the 'thank you for completing, your responses have been logged' confirmation.

Jetlagged

Am very concerned now. Have just had an email saying my application has been withdrawn. They claim I didn't complete the SJT, when I definitely have. Unfortunately I don't have proof, but I definitely received the 'thank you for completing, your responses have been logged' confirmation.

Really sorry to hear that Chris. Join the Disappointed Club.

chris11256

Have just called TFL recruitment. There is no record of my score on my application, They're going to contact the test provider and double check. They'll get back to me within a few days.

From my perspective, I definitely completed the test and remember submitting it! I did it within about an hour of getting the email.

Jetlagged

Have just called TFL recruitment. There is no record of my score on my application, They're going to contact the test provider and double check. They'll get back to me within a few days.

From my perspective, I definitely completed the test and remember submitting it! I did it within about an hour of getting the email.

Good luck!

R9mmel

What happened to your confirmation email ? and also on your job profile the confirmation is there as well

chris11256

I had the confirmation email after applying, but never received one after completing the SJT. All I remember is the online confirmation after clicking submit.

Have heard back from TFL though. Unless I can provide physical evidence, my application is withdrawn. As I have no evidence, my application is finished.

I'm gutted but sadly there's nothing I can do about it.

DARK CHOC

I had the confirmation email after applying, but never received one after completing the SJT. All I remember is the online confirmation after clicking submit.

Have heard back from TFL though. Unless I can provide physical evidence, my application is withdrawn. As I have no evidence, my application is finished.

I'm gutted but sadly there's nothing I can do about it.
There will be a next round....and whn u submit..ring them up 2.ake sure they recieved it

Superflyguy

For those of us who are lucky enough to pass the SJT, can anyone shed any light on the next stage? Tips perhaps?
Cheers

RustyB

For those of us who are lucky enough to pass the SJT, can anyone shed any light on the next stage? Tips perhaps?
Cheers

Ac1
Reading information test
Understanding information test
Error identification test
Scaat test (concentration)

All to be taken focusing on speed and accuracy.

Tips - Practise the funk out of the preparation material they will send you. Read through this thread from the start.

Superflyguy

That’s great advice!!!
Can’t believe how long the wait is?!
I can see from above that the process tends to move slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.