• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chanelle25

Hiya SpringBaby,

Yep same here. I would just rather know regardless of outcome! Of course it would be nice to know if passed the application & SJT........

bluegoblin7

Established Member
As with last time, patience is key. As others have stated, this is very high volume recruitment, so it takes a while to sift through and score each application.

Patience in the application process is a very good quality for a driver, where patience is regularly required if caught up in disruption.

Mabs

Im new here but its been interesting reading people comments here guys.

Just wanted to say I applied on the 7th of March 2018 for the part time train operator position and did the SJT test on the same day.

I received an email on the 11th of April 2018 to say I passed the test and to book the second stage.

I have chosen to do the test on the 29th of May 2018.

It took me a few days to understand how to do the exercise they sent me via email and I feel i am ready for the test. I can't wait :)

DARK CHOC

Im new here but its been interesting reading people comments here guys.

Just wanted to say I applied on the 7th of March 2018 for the part time train operator position and did the SJT test on the same day.

I received an email on the 11th of April 2018 to say I passed the test and to book the second stage.

I have chosen to do the test on the 29th of May 2018.

It took me a few days to understand how to do the exercise they sent me via email and I feel i am ready for the test. I can't wait :)
Confidence......I like that...Hope it goes well for u

Mabs

I am more worried about the Interview stage.

I applied for the CSA full time position last year with the intention to apply for the Train OP role in the future. I didn't go past the Interview stage and now I'm here applying for the Train OP role lol I sometimes think that things happe for the best so if i succeed this time round I would be so happy words can't describe.

Chanelle25

I'm sure you'll be fine!! Keep us posted on your progress! This is the first time I have applied for any role with TFL so it's all new to be! I am trying to remain positive lol!! I answered the SJT to the best of my ability, I just hope that was enough lol

Mabs

I'm sure you'll be fine!! Keep us posted on your progress! This is the first time I have applied for any role with TFL so it's all new to be! I am trying to remain positive lol!! I answered the SJT to the best of my ability, I just hope that was enough lol

Thanx Chanelle, I will let everyone know how it goes for me.

It would be interesting to know how everyone else does.

DARK CHOC

I am more worried about the Interview stage.

I applied for the CSA full time position last year with the intention to apply for the Train OP role in the future. I didn't go past the Interview stage and now I'm here applying for the Train OP role lol I sometimes think that things happe for the best so if i succeed this time round I would be so happy words can't describe.
We will have 2 celebrate when you pass everything then lol

Chanelle25

I will let you know as soon as I find out!! I keep checking my e-mails:) :)
I have been asking a few others on different threads, but did you attend any open days for this role?

Mabs

Guess what guys?? lol

I couldn't wait till 29th May so I changed my test date to 4th May. I have 1 week to get ready for the test lol Wish me luck haha

R9mmel

Guess what guys?? lol

I couldn't wait till 29th May so I changed my test date to 4th May. I have 1 week to get ready for the test lol Wish me luck haha
Didn't know this was possible lol but good luck !

Chanelle25

Yep I’m hoping the same thing! One of my friends has railway experience so I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get through to the next stage
Let me know the outcome of both you and your friend that has railway experience.....fingers crossed we get to the next stage ay

SpringBaby

Absolutely gutted, I didn’t get it neither did my friend. :(

They said they’ll keep my record on file and update me in 6 months but the amount of interest they’ve had in the role I don’t imagine they’ll contact me .

Good luck to those remaining in the process!

Last edited:

Jetlagged

They said they’ll keep my record on file and update me in 6 months but the amount of interest they’ve had in the role I don’t imagine they’ll contact me .

Which is exactly what they told us last year and it was seven months later that we got the AC1 invites. Don't give up just yet.

smithyLP

Just had the same email

Chanelle25

Hi SpringBaby,

Got the same email about being kept on file...

Lem

Got the same email. I already have railway experience too...just thinking its not meant to be right now and not giving up hope!

Chanelle25

Hiya Lem,

It would seem alot of us did! But like you said, I will still keep trying. I'am surprised you did not get past the first bit as you have railway experience too....

Lem

Hiya Lem,

It would seem alot of us did! But like you said, I will still keep trying. I'am surprised you did not get past the first bit as you have railway experience too....

Yes don’t give up :) I’m a shunt driver for a TOC at the moment but on maternity leave. The position would have been ideal for me hours wise and balancing looking after the babies! But never mind will see what happens in a few months.

Cavan

Yep I’m hoping the same thing! One of my friends has railway experience so I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get through to the next stage

For this stage I dont think they look at any cv or application details such as current employment - it is a simple number game of score on the SJT

Status
Not open for further replies.