• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJirde

Better be prepared for next campaign me thinks

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chris11256

Same here.... watching the threads and seeing candidates getting through to different stages and we haven't heard nada. Let just wait till Monday and see what happens. Those who have gotten through/past the online bit, what is your working background?

I'm sure we'll hear back.

*Hopes*

Samoose25

I took my AC1 on the 10th of this month and a couple of days later got an email saying i was unsuccessful. I also have a mate who took the AC1 on the same day, but he hasn't heard anything back either.

TheStig

I passed my tests last year with TFL but failed at the final interview stage. Does anyone know if I need to retake tests, I just received email today about going to assessment centre. Since then I have also passed psychometrics at the national standard. Can anyone give some advice please?

Lrd

Established Member
I passed my tests last year with TFL but failed at the final interview stage. Does anyone know if I need to retake tests, I just received email today about going to assessment centre. Since then I have also passed psychometrics at the national standard. Can anyone give some advice please?
You will need to resit all tests.

Cadeby

So annoying. I applied on the 29th March and not heard a word since doing the SJT. I have called HR and they say they are still working through the application forms. Yet not come across one person that says they received an email saying unsuccessful after SJT. I really would like a chance to get this job, but I would really like to know if I'm wasting my time hoping I may have a chance of getting through to AC1.

Tron81

So annoying. I applied on the 29th March and not heard a word since doing the SJT. I have called HR and they say they are still working through the application forms. Yet not come across one person that says they received an email saying unsuccessful after SJT. I really would like a chance to get this job, but I would really like to know if I'm wasting my time hoping I may have a chance of getting through to AC1.

I feel your frustration, as I may have stated earlier, I did mine on the 25th I believe and heard nothing since the online test, I'm assuming they are working from the last in first out so we may have a while to go. I too wish to have a chance to sit these tests and not be kicked out during the initial sift. Keep us posted and I will do the same

Hass123456

I know it states you could be posted to anywhere in London, but does anyone know of they apply any logic to what depot/line you get? In respect to where people live etc.

TheStig

I've been applying for railway jobs for quite a while now and I've found it a very long and hard process because of the high volume of applicants. It does take time and sometimes you don't hear anything and it still ends up being positive. I did my SJT on Monday evening and heard from them Wednesday. With the amount of applicants I don't think they do it in a first come first serve order, probably a lot of HR staff dealing with different ones.

Lrd

Established Member
I know it states you could be posted to anywhere in London, but does anyone know of they apply any logic to what depot/line you get? In respect to where people live etc.
They do try and give you a depot close to where you live but the ones near you may be full so you could theoretically be sent anywhere and your training could also be at the other end of the line.

Hass123456

They do try and give you a depot close to where you live but the ones near you may be full so you could theoretically be sent anywhere and your training could also be at the other end of the line.

Thanks. I figured that would be the case.

e110

Hiya everyone, never been on a forum before but thought i would give my two pence on my situation, i stumbled upon the vacancy late one night on Tuesday the 4th, 2 days ago, i did the online application uploading both CV and cover letter of consideration, immediately received link to the online test to which i then received the automated (will be reviewed against the requirements for the role.)

went to bed and woke up the next morning to an email saying i had been successful to book for the next round which i have now gathered is called the AC1, have booked for the 8.30am slot at Ashfield House on the 19th as it was the first and only available date.

Abit apprehensive but looking forward to it at the same time.

Have you heard back from them yet in regards to booking for AC2? I was also at the 8.30am assessment this Wednesday.

geordieboy88

Just doing some prep/research for AC2 and hoping someone can throw some light on a question please...

Do you always parade for work to book on/off at the start/finish of your shift at your home depot, and are all train handovers therefore done at the depot?

Or is there a relief handover station, ie end of the line/ interchange, where you would complete your handover at, and therefore start/finish your shift from that location?

Thanks

choochoochoo

Established Member
I don't work on the tube, but seen plenty of tube drivers handover at stations. Earls court and Acton Town spring to mind

chooochoooo

Could someone please help me,not asking for answers. I have ac1 coming up,in the practice material for following information and understanding information section will the paragraph that you read be obscured when you answer the questions? Or will it be present for you to go back on? The practice materials doesnt state either way

geordieboy88

Could someone please help me,not asking for answers. I have ac1 coming up,in the practice material for following information and understanding information section will the paragraph that you read be obscured when you answer the questions? Or will it be present for you to go back on? The practice materials doesnt state either way

No mate, it's all there for you. There really are no curve balls on the day, just make sure you practice, practice, practice the material they've provided, so that you fully understand the concepts of what they are asking.

And that's it really. Learn to understand the practice material, and you'll be fine.

Good luck

Cadeby

Just doing some prep/research for AC2 and hoping someone can throw some light on a question please...

Do you always parade for work to book on/off at the start/finish of your shift at your home depot, and are all train handovers therefore done at the depot?

Or is there a relief handover station, ie end of the line/ interchange, where you would complete your handover at, and therefore start/finish your shift from that location?

Thanks[/QUOTE

I believe train handovers are mostly done at stations where you book on and off.

geordieboy88

I believe train handovers are mostly done at stations where you book on and off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info pal

Lrd

Established Member
You will always start at your depot but you could finish elsewhere but you will be paid until you get back to your home depot. There are a few depots where you have a remote book off so won't be paid back to your depot but these are a minority.

You will have your meal relief (minimum break of 30 mins which is unpaid) at any depot on the line and can come off your train at any depot on the line or you could take your train in and out of the sidings/train depot.

So for the Central line as an example, there are crew depots at West Ruislip, White City, Leytonstone, Hainault and Loughton and there are train depots at Hainault and West Ruislip and stabling sidings at White City, Woodford and Loughton. So you could book on at Hainault, walk to the depot, bring a train out, do a few trips, be relived at White City platform, have meal break, pickup on the platform, do a few more trips and be relieved at Leytonstone and then travel on the cushions back to Hainault or just go home if it's convenient for you but you'll be paid back to Hainault.

Status
Not open for further replies.