• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DARK CHOC

Dear members,
I have recently been invited to attend AC1 on 23rd of October, (due in a week time). I have been practising the material sent by TFL via email, but in this forum I have seen members who are discussing about the software for the practise. May I request you to kindly post the link for that software, since I have clicked on the links already posted on forum but when I click on them it comes up as ''404 Not Found''. Is there any updated link or tool for this?
Thanks in advance.
How did it go

peculiarfish0

Hi Guys, Just read through this entire thread! (Took me bloody ages!)
Got my AC2 Tomorrow afternoon!
Always a bit nervous with interviews, (it's been a while since i've done one)

Anyone care to help me chill out a bit by running through how their interview went?
eg, what other questions did they ask? how were the competency questions worded?
Just want to be as prepared as possible & not get caught out n go blank mid interview! lol
tips of things to say / not to say?

Also - congrats to all you guys who have passed, and good luck to those who are doing their assessments.

Cheers :D

peculiarfish0

So even once passing AC2 that's quite a long wait for training then! wonder when it'll be for us lot doing them around now! lol

Salesy

I wouldn’t be so sure, it has been a while for the pool of the unknown to be emptied. I haven’t heard of many people doing the AC2 inbetween my lot and the lot that have been doing it this last few weeks.

Sparrow

6 months waiting for AC1 and I failed. :'( I'm sure it was the SCAAT test
Good luck to Jetlagged, Tron81 and Pudsey.

On another note I have just got a new role with London Midland, so not all bad news. :D

bart1234

Good Luck to all still going through the process, I received the call today and will be starting on the 1st of December. Anybody else starting on the same day?

All the best

PudseyBearHST

On another note I have just got a new role with London Midland, so not all bad news. :D

Hi Sparrow. Unlucky mate- I didn't even realise you'd had your assessment yet. But best of luck in your role with London Midland. If you don't mind me asking, what is your new role with LM? And how long did it take before you found out your result for the AC1?

Jambo86

Hi Guys, Just read through this entire thread! (Took me bloody ages!)
Got my AC2 Tomorrow afternoon!
Always a bit nervous with interviews, (it's been a while since i've done one)

Anyone care to help me chill out a bit by running through how their interview went?
eg, what other questions did they ask? how were the competency questions worded?
Just want to be as prepared as possible & not get caught out n go blank mid interview! lol
tips of things to say / not to say?

Also - congrats to all you guys who have passed, and good luck to those who are doing their assessments.

Cheers :D

Can't comment on what questions they asked me because that will skew your expectations for the interview, so it's best for you to go in having done your own preparation as per their letter/reading materials. What if someone here reels off the questions they were asked and you get completely different ones?

What I would say though is, take your time when giving your answers, try and give as much information as possible and stick to that STAR format, they absolutely love it. One question, which was thrown at me unexpectedly at the start of the interview was "so why do you want to be a train driver?" and there I was sat thinking "erm money!" but of course I didn't want to say that in the interview so had to do some quick improvisation. I genuinely wish I had been better prepared for that question, that was my only regret from my own AC2 experience.

Jetlagged

Blimey matey. I never realised you missed out. All the best in your new role with LM and thanks for your good wishes.

peculiarfish0

(To the earlier question, I can't seem to access TFL careers page either!)

Thanks Jambo86 for the reply, Yeah I guess that may happen, just thought i'd get an idea, (thinking questions may be pretty much the same to keep it fair for everyone) Could you tell me how many questions there are so I know I have enough scenarios to answer with?
Only 3 categories, Customer service, results & safety?

Also I just noticed it also says on my invite for AC2 -

Technical Competency - Fault Finding
...?

Is that another fault finding test like the traffic lights? I'm confused as I've already done one on AC1..

Jetlagged

Can't comment on what questions they asked me because that will skew your expectations for the interview, so it's best for you to go in having done your own preparation as per their letter/reading materials. What if someone here reels off the questions they were asked and you get completely different ones?

What I would say though is, take your time when giving your answers, try and give as much information as possible and stick to that STAR format, they absolutely love it. One question, which was thrown at me unexpectedly at the start of the interview was "so why do you want to be a train driver?" and there I was sat thinking "erm money!" but of course I didn't want to say that in the interview so had to do some quick improvisation. I genuinely wish I had been better prepared for that question, that was my only regret from my own AC2 experience.

Obviously, you are a master of improvisation Jambo, as whatever you said worked for you! Thanks for your comments above which I'm sure will be useful to all of us making our way through at the moment.

Tron81

What's up my shipmates lol... odd question... what dress code are ye all going to wear for AC1?

PudseyBearHST

Smart- probably everything apart from the jacket. What about you?
I did a dummy run to Ashfield House on Saturday- security probably thought I was suspicious the way I was circling the building ;)

Jetlagged

Apparently someone turned up in a tracksuit recently and I do wonder how they made out. Like Pudsey Tron; smart casual here and whatever is necessary to protect from whatever the weather decides to throw that day!

PudseyBearHST

Apparently someone turned up in a tracksuit recently and I do wonder how they made out. Like Pudsey Tron; smart casual here and whatever is necessary to protect from whatever the weather decides to throw that day!

I'm not sure what to make of that- personally, I avoid wearing tracksuits all together when I go outside let alone go to an assessment day like that. If nothing else, wearing something smarter than I usually do will at least make myself feel the importance of the assessment day.

peculiarfish0

on my AC1 a Few were in suits, some quite casual (Jeans - shirt) most were middle ground like me, smart trousers and shirt but no tie/jacket
Nobody seemed to pay any attention to dress, its literally walk in and sit at a desk, like being in school, then walk out.

PudseyBearHST

on my AC1 a Few were in suits, some quite casual (Jeans - shirt) most were middle ground like me, smart trousers and shirt but no tie/jacket
Nobody seemed to pay any attention to dress, its literally walk in and sit at a desk, like being in school, then walk out.
Thanks for the insight.

Wait, you did mean for the AC1 and not the interview? Right? ;)

philthetube

Established Member
I would always wear a suit for an interview and always be clean shaven, or have a proper beard, not stubble.

It is never going to do any harm and if it is a toss up between 2, the one who has put the most effort into appearance is likely to win

peculiarfish0

Any advice? I've got mine in a few hours. Really nervous! lol

Results focus / Fault finding parts I'm finding tricky

Status
Not open for further replies.