• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudseyBearHST

I wasted to much time on the information sections... then the 4 sequences threw me off a bit... I was expecting 3 max... sometimes I supposed it's nerves that get the better of you.... I was happy with all the shape finding though... but we will see...

Don't worry Tron. I'm sure a lot of people come out thinking that didn't go too well but get through to AC2. Now the waiting begins... Of course, I hope you get the response you are looking for!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PudseyBearHST

Lol I wish i can say the same.. some came in a tracksuit..or jeans and a t-shirt but noone was pulled up on it ...

I was actually disappointed not to see anyone in a tracksuit. Not that I think any of you are lying but I wanted to see it for myself because it sounds extremely bizarre.

PudseyBearHST

Thanks for that Pudsey.

The two shapes at the same time is coming on well, so that's the way that I'll be going. As for smart dressing, if I wash and iron the tracksuit first, that would work right? ;)

Yes, although not quite sure it would work with a shirt, tie and shoes :) When is your Assessment's day?

Jambo86

I think the best tip to give to you both is definitely use the practice material. It was quite evident when I was there that some people hadn't and they seemed to struggle- for example the part(3) of the SCAAT can at first be a confusing concept so don't let that be the first day you come across it.

That's one thing I noticed back when I did mine, and something that stayed with me, that people seemingly hadn't bothered to do their research/practice before the event. There were a number of stupid questions asked, questions that wouldn't have been necessary simply if you'd had read the material even just once. I hope I'm not being rude but if you're going for such a coveted job with such good rewards the least you can do is put some effort in to be able to give yourself a better chance. By the way that's not directed at anyone here.

newlearner

Hi All, I am new to this...I have my AC1 this Thursday... quite anxious...I have been going through the materials provided.... I wanted ask..if the actual test is very similar or totally different to the practice booklet (PDF). If so can anyone please share some information on the material on the day.

Error testing: Will this be the same (i.e Dials etc or a different concept?)
Concentration Test: are the shapes same or are they different?

(PM if thats more convenient please)

any help and info would highly be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

oz220

Hi All, I am new to this...I have my AC1 this Thursday... quite anxious...I have been going through the materials provided.... I wanted ask..if the actual test is very similar or totally different to the practice booklet (PDF). If so can anyone please share some information on the material on the day.

for mine concentration test was very similar to the one on the day. The fault finding was slightly different but same concept. If you have used practise material you'll know exactly what to expect even if things are slightly different. Good luck.

newlearner

My advice to those wishing to hear it is for ac1; use practise material. Work as quickly and accurately as you can. Practise material can be very similar or slightly different but it was surprising how many had clearly not even look at the practise stuff when I did mine.

Ac2 prepare, prepare and prepare. Look at the 4 competencies and think about achievements in your working life where you have resolved things in relation to these competencies. I had about 3 different examples I could use and then said them at loud to myself a million times beforehand. I then choose the best one for the question. And remember, it's an interview so things can get nervous. Try and stay calm and speak clearly and confidently.

Good luck to all!

newlearner

for mine concentration test was very similar to the one on the day. The fault finding was slightly different but same concept. If you have used practise material you'll know exactly what to expect even if things are slightly different. Good luck.

the nerves are getting the better of me...lol I am going through the pdf...error very simple concept, shapes are tricky...if you keep doing them its fine but after a break the time is affected....how many lines do you need to be achieving? how many did you do per sheet?

choochoochoo

Established Member
how many lines do you need to be achieving? how many did you do per sheet?

That is a question that gets asked a lot. It's not about just getting as many lines done, its about getting as many lines correctly done.

If its of any use/guidance, using the GB tool and practice material I was getting 6-7 lines per sheet. All correct. - That was enough for an invite to next stage. You may be able to pass with less, but at least you got a yard stick.

newlearner

That is a question that gets asked a lot. It's not about just getting as many lines done, its about getting as many lines correctly done.

If its of any use/guidance, using the GB tool and practice material I was getting 6-7 lines per sheet. All correct. - That was enough for an invite to next stage. You may be able to pass with less, but at least you got a yard stick.

Follow you.....thanks for this.

Elias

Quick question, I have my contract signing soon and training the following week. Does anyone know if the contract comes into effect or start on the day you sign or the training date. Im still in work with my current employers and I'm trying to pick the best day to leave (work until.)

Salesy

I plan to give my notice to my current job to finish the day before my actual start date

newlearner

AC1 test: how many questions in each section? or are they all grouped? whats the time allowance...anyone? Cheers

MMC87

Hi guys been lurking on this thread for a while now.
I done my AC1 on the 25th but I've not heard anything yet, I know they say 10 days but I've read people who passed usually hear much quicker ?
It's not looking good :frown:
Has anyone on here who took their test on 23rd-27th had their results?
Oh and thank you to everyone on this forum there's some brilliant advice and info on here.
If anyone needs any pointers on the Ac1 feel free to message me although be warned ive not passed anything yet:D
Good luck Jetlagged and anyone else yet to take their tests.

Last edited:

MMC87

AC1 test: how many questions in each section? or are they all grouped? whats the time allowance...anyone? Cheers

There's about 40 questions in each test. There will be 4 separate tests can't remember time allowance but I think about 20 mins.
It's all similar to the practice material.

Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Quick question, I have my contract signing soon and training the following week. Does anyone know if the contract comes into effect or start on the day you sign or the training date. Im still in work with my current employers and I'm trying to pick the best day to leave (work until.)
It'll be from the day it says on your contract which I believe is from your first day of training.

Jetlagged

Hi guys been lurking on this thread for a while now.
I done my AC1 on the 25th but I've not heard anything yet, I know they say 10 days but I've read people who passed usually hear much quicker ?
It's not looking good :frown:
Has anyone on here who took their test on 23rd-27th had their results?
Oh and thank you to everyone on this forum there's some brilliant advice and info on here.
If anyone needs any pointers on the Ac1 feel free to message me although be warned ive not passed anything yet:D
Good luck Jetlagged and anyone else yet to take their tests.

Thanks MMC. I hope you hear something soon.

RandomGuy

I hope I do as the waiting around has got me stressed, I'm refreshing my email about 20 times a day.

Again good luck with your ac1.

Hi mate, did my AC1 on 24th October, I had a bad feeling about it too, but today got invited to AC2. Can't book as no slots are available. Did receive a 2nd email stating there is limited availability for AC2 assessments and to check for dates with link provided.

Good luck, hope you hear something soon and good luck to everyone else who are waiting to take AC1

MMC87

Hi mate, did my AC1 on 24th October, I had a bad feeling about it too, but today got invited to AC2. Can't book as no slots are available. Did receive a 2nd email stating there is limited availability for AC2 assessments and to check for dates with link provided.

Good luck, hope you hear something soon and good luck to everyone else who are waiting to take AC1
Thanks for the reply. Good luck with your AC2

Yeah I've been feeling really down as I'm now thinking I must have failed.
I did leave the test feeling confident I'd done enough providing I haven't made any stupid mistakes, but you never can tell.
Hopefully I'll get the good news I'm waiting for.

MMC87

Did you feel like you'd done enough to make the ac2? I found it difficult but not impossile.

Having just said that I'm deffo gonna fail now.

MMC87

Ive just got the result I was looking for AC2 here I come. As soon as i posted I got an email from tfl.:D

RandomGuy

Ive just got the result I was looking for AC2 here I come. As soon as i posted I got an email from tfl.:D

Yea felt I did enough but as time went on I felt I must of messed up with the Information section as I was getting anxious to hear from them.

Nice one. Now the wait for available slots.

peculiarfish0

Well done bro...you sound like a confident individual
..let us know the outcome ..i just got my call ...Haps

Thanks, yeah got another week of waiting to go! eugh, Also on the 10th working day I'll be in Bulgaria lol, shouldn't be a problem unless they call when I'm on the plane lol - Email though I assume if you don't answer. Going so slow!

Congrats on getting through! got dates for your medical and background checks yet?

cjunited

Is there anyone who's done there medical recently? and what does it consist off?, very surprised when i was told its at 2 different places, all goof fun though it means the balls rolling and im nearly there!

Good luck Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.