• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mazey Day Tours to Penzance 25/6/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE1888

Bonanza time tomorrow folks with 3 Tours due...the following details I know of
2x 20's due 11.38 Spitfire Tours 'The Kernow Voyager' Returns:17.30
2x 37's due 12.12 Spitfire Tours 'The Kernow Explorer III' Returns:16.12
2x 31's due 13.10 Pathfinder Tours 'The Mazey Day Cornishman' Returns:17.10

:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

50Fan91

It's going to be quite a day on the Great Western mainline tomorrow!

Supersaint

Dam,Newton Abbot Station will be busy this morning,Normally have a weeks hol at Shaldon (Teignmouth) this week but due to my oldest son not being aloud time off school went down in May half term, we stay at Devon Valley Holiday Park & you can see the railway from Teignmouth almost all the way to Newton Abbot along the River Teign.

50Fan91

Dam,Newton Abbot Station will be busy this morning

I think that I'm right in saying that Newton Abbot is one of the last major stations in the area where you can get onto the platform without having to have a ticket? Obviously that is quite a considerable draw factor if you want to get photos "in station".

craig87034

67001 came on the front at Plymouth of the Pathfinder Penzance-Tame Bridge Parkway 31 tour

Drimnagh Road

The 67 worked the tour from Plymouth all the way to Tame Bridge. There was nothing wrong with the 31s so why it didn't come off at Exeter seems a bit ridiculous.

TheBigD

Established Member
The 67 worked the tour from Plymouth all the way to Tame Bridge. There was nothing wrong with the 31s so why it didn't come off at Exeter seems a bit ridiculous.

The need to get back to the west midlands before the engineering possessions started was the issue. As it was already late due to the incident at Long Rock any more delay would have meant not getting back. By leaving having the 67 and the 31's in tandem some of the llost time was recovered enabling the train to get through before the line closed for the engineering work.

ACE1888

Got some good shots during the Tours 'arrivals' during the morning, but none of the 'returns', busy playing cricket, scored 80 and took 2 wickets and we won! Maximum 20 points and Top of the League.
dscn1141.jpg

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got some good shots during the Tours 'arrivals' during the morning, but none of the 'returns', busy playing cricket, scored 80 and took 2 wickets and we won! Maximum 20 points and Top of the League.
dscn1141.jpg

Established Member
So what time did the 20 tour get back in the end as I heard they failed at Cambourne?

Also how late was the 31 tour departing Penzance after the derailment at Long Rock?

Donachie

So what time did the 20 tour get back in the end as I heard they failed at Cambourne?

Also how late was the 31 tour departing Penzance after the derailment at Long Rock?

Pathfinder class 31 Tour was about an hour late leaving Penzance and we passed the class 20 tour north of Bristol, from what I can remember.!!!

Regards,
Donachie

Drimnagh Road

I believe that the 31 tour wasn't necessarilly delayed because of the Long Rock incident, but more the parking arrangements at Penzance.

Apparently;
The 20 tour was meant to be in Long Rock depot as it was first in and last out, but instead occupied a platform all day.

The 37 tour was meant to occupy the platform where the 20s were but stabled in the loop between Long Rock and Penzance station.

The 31s were meant to occupy the loop where the 37s ended up been stabled but were sent to Long Rock.

The 20s were then in the way of the 31 tour when it came to reversing the latter back into the station. I assume all other platforms were occupied by service trains.

Foxhound

They were approximately four minutes late at Dockyard - delayed by a level crossing farce at Camborne involving the preceding service, not due to failure. They left Plymouth right time. They were subsequently delayed in the Bristol area waiting time for the late running 31s, which departed 68 late from PNZ, and lost time en route due to pathing of service trains (including a stopping HST, a stopping 150 and the Gunnislake branch 150 too). Over 75 late at Devonport. It's widely reported elsewhere that 67001 was added at Plymouth to assist over Hemerdon and was utilised further to retrieve some lost time. This ensured all pax got home - if the 20s had stayed in front the 31s would not have got back to the Midlands before Saturday night's engineering possessions kicked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.