• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crispy1978

Can anyone help me with the distance from Bathgate to Drumgelloch please? I've managed to get the milepost data of the rest of my journey on the route I'm travelling but not that little bit in the middle.

Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also looking at the Eurostar from St Pancras to Brussels and on to Brugge/Bruges.

Does anyone have mileage for these two elements as well please?

crehld

Established Member
Also looking at the Eurostar from St Pancras to Brussels and on to Brugge/Bruges.

St Pancras to Brussels is 373km (or 231.78 miles in old money).
Finally got round to adding all of my mileage up. I currently stand on 4165 miles, of which 2725 was achieved in the last month alone!

hassaanhc

Established Member
I have several gaps in my mileage list but hopefully the Rail Miles thingy should be running soon :). Will exceed 3000 miles once it is added up.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Can anyone help me with the distance from Bathgate to Drumgelloch please? I've managed to get the milepost data of the rest of my journey on the route I'm travelling but not that little bit in the middle.

Copy-paste from RailMiles:

Bathgate to Drumgelloch 13mi 28ch - generated from your selection
Bathgate, Armadale, Blackridge, Caldercruix, Drumgelloch

crispy1978

Superb - thank you! :)
Anyone got Brussells (South) to Bruges please?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
crispy1978:2158875 said:

Superb - thank you! :)
Anyone got Brussells (South) to Bruges please?

Nay drama :)

I'll have to dig out my Thomas Cook European Rail Timetable from 2013 to give you a KM figure (and if I feel generous a conversion into miles and chains ;) ) but I can't vouch for how accurate it will be!

postye

Just added up mileage for April, 2894, totalling 9839 for the year which is over half of last years total with a couple of Northern rovers to do in May/June

Established Member
I've recently added my mileage up. I managed 828 miles last month which was nearly twice as much as I did in all of last year. My current total is 1,565 miles with a few "big trips" planned for later in the year

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've just booked another big trip, just under 3 months to wait for it mind. Well worth the wait hopefully though <D

Got 750 miles at the minimum on just booked moves this month, let alone whatever I add on the various moves on the DaySave and West Yorkshire bashes. I'm not expecting a lot of mileage from the SuperTram bash on Monday, except for the journeys to/from Sheffield of course. So I'm definitely looking to be very close to the magical thou in May after all!

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Whats the trip in 3 months?

Also, does anyone have the mileage between Leicester and Nottingham and Nottingham and East Mids Parkway?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wait and see young man! Details to come in the coming weeks ;)

Leicester-Nottingham: 27m40c

Nottingham-East Midlands Parkway: 8m27c

Above figures both from RM.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Thanks Techniquest!

I can't wait to hear what your trip is; Hopefully it will be one filled with winners.

dcd

Mileage engine is back after a fashion at http://rmme.railmiles.me/ but only does direct shortest distances at the moment and no underground.

For underground use the attached spreadsheet, just copy the appropriate miles and chains from columns F and G to columns H and I and the total will appear in J and K. Don't forget to delete from H and I after noting the result or they will be included in the next journey! Hope this is of use.

Attachments

• ugdist.xls
    168.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

dcd

Does anyone know when you can get back the longer routs, LU and NET?

It does long routes just by shortest route. i.e. Euston to Carlisle does not go via Northampton. You can do Euston to Carlisle via Northampton by doing Euston to Northampton and then Northampton to Carlisle and adding the results.

The only person who could possibly know when it will do everything is Tom Cairns the creator of Railmiles

CallySleeper

Established Member
It does long routes just by shortest route. i.e. Euston to Carlisle does not go via Northampton. You can do Euston to Carlisle via Northampton by doing Euston to Northampton and then Northampton to Carlisle and adding the results.

The only person who could possibly know when it will do everything is Tom Cairns the creator of Railmiles

Actually, the engine now calculates Euston - Carlisle (and other WCML destinations) via Northampton, even though it is blatantly the longer route.

Additionally the lack of via points or facility to use codes is especially disappointing.

35B

Established Member
Just tried it and calculations were all shortest route, i.e. via Weedon.

Agree restoration of via points and codes would be useful.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Via points would be helpful, but it's good that it's finally back online

Time to work out my missing distances from what RTT doesn't display.

I've previously had Peterborough to Newcastle down as 192 miles 27 chains, now Rail Miles is saying 193 miles 67 chains.

And searching London Kings Cross to Newcastle seems to be putting the routing via the Hertford Loop which is a couple miles more than going direct

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Having covered quite a lot more than I thought I would in the last 2 days, I'm now on 5,200 miles for 2015 so far. 200 miles ahead of the target and a good few miles yet to come this month. I've managed to get 897 miles in May already, which is more than I was expecting! Of course, I'll be checking I've not got duplicate moves added to my RailMiles later!

Not looked at the table yet, as posting via the app, and I still have my Supertram moves to add yet too. I'm not due to go anywhere until 31st May currently, thanks to Bank Holiday Frothday getting in the way, so you've all got plenty of time to get ahead!

Tom

I rarely read this place but can anyone who has a bug report or issue with some mileage please email it to the support address so it can be dealt with quickly.

Thank you.

crehld

Established Member
Finally managed to tot up everything this year. I currently stand on 5276. This is already ahead of my last year's total! A couple of Northern Day Rangers left should add to this in the next week or so, but then I suspect things will quieten down a bit for me.

noddy1878

Established Member
I have almost caught up on my trips so far this year (mainly underground left to sort out) and I am currently on 7852.

Status
Not open for further replies.