• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More loco hauled trains for FGW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan_atki

Established Member
A couple of posts have been removed at a couple of requests. Please refrain from posting company confidential information unless you have been given explicit permission to post it publicly.

anthony263

Established Member
just want to check have these loco hauled trains been given the go ahead as i have heard rumours that fgw have found some dmu's to use instead.

i have planned a trip to Bristol TM on monday 15th decmber on the 14:00 cardiff - taunton and the 17:20 from Bristol TM to cardiff.

i am going with a few railway enthusiasts fro my university class in swansea.

Mr Alex

Funnily enough the 67s are the two which have been working RHTTs off Barton hill, 67002 and 67022 with there diagrams replaced by 66181 and 66174!
;)

Phoenix

Established Member
Stick another MK2 and take the loco off the back and that would what I consider old skool indeed.

Mr Alex

I assume the 67s have had a swap as 67028 and 67017 are now present at Barton Hill with 017 coupled to the stock inside the carriage shed
;)

anthony263

Established Member
i travelled on the 14:00 cardiff to taunton service as far as Bristol TM.

journey was ok til we got to Bristol TM when a problem was discovered with on of teh carriages which took 5 minutes to sort out.

i returned to cardiff on the 17:21 service from Bristol and i can ssay a lot of commutors were surpised to be travelling on a loco hauled trains, which is now expected to continue until class 150 dmus can be sorced from london midland in 2010.

i will uploaded this and the photos from my journey on the first official run of the WAG Express later tonight

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
i travelled on the 14:00 cardiff to taunton service as far as Bristol TM.

journey was ok til we got to Bristol TM when a problem was discovered with on of teh carriages which took 5 minutes to sort out.

i returned to cardiff on the 17:21 service from Bristol

You see me then? I dispatched on both of those departures from Newport

anthony263

Established Member
yes it might have been you that i swa.

i also travelled on the wag express service from Newport back to cardiff in the morning as well.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
lol I didn't do that one as I didn't start til 1400, I did the return working though.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yep, and according to him there's still regular standing. Which is odd, given I found that the 17.21 was always quieter than the 16.21!

Status
Not open for further replies.