• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Challenge

Established Member
I feel I might need something to defend myself with here in any upcoming battle, being a lowly forum member:
'Arrow and Weald stone

I imagine Harrow, given its school, may not be the best place in London to drop the H, but there we go!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I feel I might need something to defend myself with here in any upcoming battle, being a lowly forum member:
'Arrow and Weald stone

I imagine Harrow, given its school, may not be the best place in London to drop the H, but there we go!

I've not got my rulebook to hand annoyingly but I'm sure there's a technical fowl here regarding the alteration of a station name from it's common and accepted definition to one which has very different connotations! Perhaps someone with the rules to hand could advise?

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
'Arrow and Weald stone

I've not got my rulebook to hand annoyingly but I'm sure there's a technical fowl here regarding the alteration of a station name from it's common and accepted definition to one which has very different connotations! Perhaps someone with the rules to hand could advise?

Well, being as Harrow was/is in Middlesex when the game was invented, I would say that there is indeed no dropping of the H.

Maybe this is the time for me to do a Thursdays Only move within Middlesex south to Northwick Park

A Challenge

Established Member
Well after that night it is now the second Friday in August, I believe we can go the newly added to the Tube Map Thameslink route south of the river to Beckenham Hill

Ostrich

......I believe we can go the newly added to the Tube Map Thameslink route south of the river to Beckenham Hill
Is that within the rules? I cannot find it in the Fifth Amendment. Perhaps the esteemed previous poster meant Becontree?

DerekC

Established Member
You know perfectly well that the District Line is banned when Jupiter is anywhere near alignment with Saturn. I really can't see what to do to put things right. Let me sulk quietly at Tufnell Park for a while.

Trackman

Established Member
You know perfectly well that the District Line is banned when Jupiter is anywhere near alignment with Saturn. I really can't see what to do to put things right. Let me sulk quietly at Tufnell Park for a while.
Except in British Summer Time on Sundays and the year must add up to an even number I believe.
I'll move us the short distance to Highgate then, while you think about it.
No diagonal or using escalators but I'm going with the safe move of Archway.

najaB

Veteran Member
Questioning the moderation team? How dare.

I raise you a toot or two, at Tooting Bec.

Doh! - why didn't I think of that! Now I can see the way clear as far as Tooting Bec. After that I forecast more trouble.

I fear we may be stuck in a loop! I'm going to try an invoke some religious assistance to save us from Nid and call on the Angel.

A Challenge

Established Member
After a quick trip into The Angel pub invoking the August rules amendment, we find ourselves back at Morden having fallen asleep on the train back.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I have spotted a Fridays Only special move to avoid Nidd.

For The Life of Brian, we all might as well move in the totally opposite direction to High Barnet

PS Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" makes reference to Barnet FC.

DerekC

Established Member
A rash move, in my opinion. Having fallen into a loop earlier, I fear the onset of a Northern Line Oscillation. An orthogonal move is called for. Although the Central Line has its own stability issues, the best I can think of just now is Perivale.

A Challenge

Established Member
A rash move, in my opinion. Having fallen into a loop earlier, I fear the onset of a Northern Line Oscillation. An orthogonal move is called for. Although the Central Line has its own stability issues, the best I can think of just now is Perivale.
Surely the instability would mean we should actually be going to Hanger Lane?

najaB

Veteran Member
Surely the instability would mean we should actually be going to Hanger Lane?
All of those diagonal moves and invalid moves has got me in a spin, therefore I will play a horizontal Sundays Only move to Hanger Lane

We're still stuck in the loop, I fear it might be time to call it... I'm going to try one last time to get us back into normal space: Goodge Street

A Challenge

Established Member
Two fictional tube stations in a row brings us nicely to the last station on the line: Mornington Crescent.
Grange Hill isn't fictional though, so that makes your declaration of Mornington Crescent invalid.

najaB

Veteran Member
Grange Hill isn't fictional though, so that makes your declaration of Mornington Crescent invalid.
Indeed it does! Thanks for the correction - got caught out by the school being in a fictional borough. Though, please everyone be careful: another fictional station and we've had it!

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Uh oh! Must stay firmly within the realms of real life. Maybe a rail replacement bus terminal will help us out?

Newbury Park

DerekC

Established Member
Oh no - another kind of loop! Does one resonate with the other, I wonder? Now, no fiction and something stable and real. Can't really think of anything more solid than .... Bank

Ostrich

With the thaumometer now suitably depressed, perhaps it's time to take a gamble with Ladbroke Grove .....

Status
Not open for further replies.