• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nigel Gresley

Oh dear we're back on the Underground again, an unwieldy, sprawling mass which nevertheless comes in handy when trying to travel around the equally unwieldy and sprawling mass that is London. It's so depressing to travel through the claustrophobic depths of the black hole which they call the tube. Doing this day in and day out in order to discover some station names which might mean something to the other players, yet each and every one of them is beginning to doubt whether this has any meaning or purpose. Even the rules of how to progress seem to have been dropped into the River Thames which allows umpteen interpretations as to what can happen next. I must admit that I am lost. I don't know where I am going and I don't like the dark. Please take me as far away from here as possible, somewhere like

East India

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Orpington Using the Revised Toffetonite rules (1993) permitting any station with a vowel in first letter

Last edited:

Nigel Gresley

Under the toffetonite rules 1981 a station beginning with a vowel within z1 MUST be used.

Now I'm very confused as well as being lost in this network of black holes. Since when has Orpington been moved to the epicenter (z1) of the Underground ? In fact it is hard to find a version of the tube map where Orpington is even mentioned, assuming such a place exists. I challenge this departure from the Thames Riverbed rules, submerged in 1975. This challenge will be submitted to the Law Society in Chancery Lane.

Last edited:

district

You can't use a valley, what about the green space regulations?

We'll have to go to Queens Road Peckham instead! :D

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Stovold's to Monument. I also deposit my red token allowing me to move again, to Chancery Lane.

Circle Line out of play for two moves.

Buttsy

Established Member
Holborn, (picks up card), 'You are a model passenger, take 3 consectutive turns.

Way-hey!

Let's start with Drayton Park
Then to Stanmore
Now to Northwood Hills.

Buttsy

Established Member
Another card I think... 'You long to see the boat race, go to Putney Bridge and miss a turn'

Damn!!!

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
My turn?
New Rule card: Play all in your hand each turn...

Upper Warlingham
Bounds Green
Epping
Kensington Olympia
Willesden Junction
Pudding Lane

Buttsy

Established Member
Another card! I'm doing well with these: 'You arrive late at the London Palladium (Oxford Circus), miss a turn.'

Status
Not open for further replies.