Most hated Loco/Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
3,511
It's the opposite of the favourite one ;)

Most Hated Loco
Cl66s without the circular headlights
Cl67s- replaced cl47s
Cl85s
Cl84s
Cl83s
Cl82s
Most hated units
Cl377s - they replaced the 319s and Slams
cl450- replaced Slams and Junipers
cl444- replaced Slams
cl390- replaced the most beautiful locos in the world
cl220/221- replaced cl47s and HSTs
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Joined
13 Jun 2005
Messages
3,737
319s - They can't make there minds up whether they want to use Overheads or 3rd Rail! :roll:
 

AJP

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Messages
1,148
Location
Doncaster
Locos:
Pretty much electrics,66's,67,s

Units: Them all but 170's. I also dislike all slam door units.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
18,382
Location
0035
All Mk1 stuff

'nuff said :lol:
 

S Lowes

Member
Joined
11 Jul 2005
Messages
360
Location
Birtley
Trains I Like

37
43
47
57
60
90
91
92
158
156
170

Trains I Dislike

20
45
66
67 ( Could get to Like them )
Mk1 Units
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
18,056
Location
Nowhere Heath
Hated locos:

Sheds
Skips

Disliked locos:

OHLE locos

Hated units:

Pacers
Sprinters
Super Sprinters
Turbostars

Disliked units

165s
Voyagers
 

Nick

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
976
I hate these......
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,460
Location
WCML South
Aaaagh so do I, they're annoying.

Anyway, worst train for me must be the 390, because the replaced all them 86s 87s and 90s :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jordy
 

Nick

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
976
Jordy said:
Aaaagh so do I, they're annoying.

Anyway, worst train for me must be the 390, because the replaced all them 86s 87s and 90s :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jordy

1) Excellent :D
2) Pendolinos are good, shame they cant do the extra 15mph they were designed to do, if Alstom would of known they'd of been limited to 125mph they'd of been designed differently!
 

Beaker

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,488
Location
Not the drawing room
Simming said:
Anything thats electric apart from 92s
66s
67s
220s
221s

so you hate the likes of deltcis and cromptons and choppers and tractors.

As they are electric with just a big generator suppling the elctric which is powered by diesel
 
T

Tom

Guest
Beaker said:
Simming said:
Anything thats electric apart from 92s
66s
67s
220s
221s

so you hate the likes of deltcis and cromptons and choppers and tractors.

As they are electric with just a big generator suppling the elctric which is powered by diesel

They are electro-diesel. When saying an electric, you are talking about something which pulls off the juice (third rail or OHLE)
 

devon_metro

Established Member
Joined
11 Oct 2005
Messages
7,647
Location
London
Nick said:
Jordy said:
Aaaagh so do I, they're annoying.

Anyway, worst train for me must be the 390, because the replaced all them 86s 87s and 90s :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jordy

1) Excellent :D
2) Pendolinos are good, shame they cant do the extra 15mph they were designed to do, if Alstom would of known they'd of been limited to 125mph they'd of been designed differently!

You like the pendolinos :o Anything that replaces a loco hauled service is a traitor! :lol:
 

Beaker

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,488
Location
Not the drawing room
tubechallenger said:
Beaker said:
Simming said:
Anything thats electric apart from 92s
66s
67s
220s
221s

so you hate the likes of deltcis and cromptons and choppers and tractors.

As they are electric with just a big generator suppling the elctric which is powered by diesel

They are electro-diesel. When saying an electric, you are talking about something which pulls off the juice (third rail or OHLE)

Think you mean diesel-electric


as that mean a disesel gnerator creates the umphh to move


Where as a Electro-diesle has a direct motor working straight from elctric

and also a small diesel electric motor in them.
 

Beaker

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,488
Location
Not the drawing room
tubechallenger said:
Beaker said:
Simming said:
Anything thats electric apart from 92s
66s
67s
220s
221s

so you hate the likes of deltcis and cromptons and choppers and tractors.

As they are electric with just a big generator suppling the elctric which is powered by diesel

They are electro-diesel. When saying an electric, you are talking about something which pulls off the juice (third rail or OHLE)

Think you mean diesel-electric


as that mean a disesel gnerator creates the umphh to move


Where as a Electro-diesle has a direct motor working straight from elctric

and also a small diesel electric motor in them.
 

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Joined
7 Sep 2005
Messages
1,787
Location
Loughborough
357/2s, replaced 312s, and are much worse inside than the 357/1s (both operate for c2c, but 357/2 was a later batch, owned by Devil <( (aka Angel) Trains.
321s, as above, directly replacing 312s on GE, and also being generally awful trains (nice enough interior, awful bogies and therefore ride).
All of Virgin's junk.
158s, they arn't my most travelled on train, but they have by far caused me the most delays, and the Central ones that I mostly use are in absolutly awful condition (I've been on some where seats are ripped and/or have hardly any padding, and in some cases are loose, and the original seats are too low down anyway).
Turbostars, better than a 158, just.
 

metrocammel

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2005
Messages
954
Location
Ashton, Lancashire
1288gaje said:
It's the opposite of the favourite one ;)

Most Hated Loco
Cl66s without the circular headlights
Cl67s- replaced cl47s
Cl85s
Cl84s
Cl83s
Cl82s
Most hated units
Cl377s - they replaced the 319s and Slams
cl450- replaced Slams and Junipers
cl444- replaced Slams
cl390- replaced the most beautiful locos in the world
cl220/221- replaced cl47s and HSTs

I still cant figure out why u dislike the "roarers" so much (other than class 81's!?) , I doubt your old enough to remember them!!!

Yeh, I absolutely hate p*ndolino's. They have to be one of the worst trains designed, with their awful window : seat ratio, smelly/ broken toilets, dodgy doors etc etc.

I like pretty much every loco, other than perhaps 67's & 66's as they aren't British built and make naff noises. I also aren't too keen on 47's, though that is mainly due to the spoon goons who follow them often being n*bs. My fav mk1 unit has to be the 101 - (well 102 as well, but ive only ever had the Leyland 180 engined units, as the AEC ones were phased out in the 80's)

So:
fav sparkie : class 87
fav diesel: class 37
fav 1st gen unit: class 101

Dislikes:
Worst (3rd gen) unit: P*ndolino cl390
Worst loco : class 67
wWorst (2nd gen) unit: class 142 aka "death wagons", after Winsford which could of been a disaster if it were in pax. service, and this is why i cant understand how they can say mk1's are less safe, when it's proven that a mk1 (either coach, dmu or emu) body wouldnt slide totally off it's chassis in a crash! (which is exactly what happend at the slow speed collison at winsford, as well as crushing a 3rd of the 142 carriage.
 

Galvanize

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
993
Location
South East london
I hate:

Class 66 (The EWS and frieghtliner ones)
Class 67

Class 158
Class 165/166
Class 175
Class 313/314/315
Class 317 (Purple paupers)
Class 455
Class 456
 

Nick

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
976
ChrisCooper said:
357/2s, replaced 312s, and are much worse inside than the 357/1s (both operate for c2c, but 357/2 was a later batch, owned by Devil <( (aka Angel) Trains.
321s, as above, directly replacing 312s on GE, and also being generally awful trains (nice enough interior, awful bogies and therefore ride).
All of Virgin's junk.
158s, they arn't my most travelled on train, but they have by far caused me the most delays, and the Central ones that I mostly use are in absolutly awful condition (I've been on some where seats are ripped and/or have hardly any padding, and in some cases are loose, and the original seats are too low down anyway).
Turbostars, better than a 158, just.

Whats the difference if I may ask between the 357/1 and 357/2?
 

Sprinter

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2005
Messages
320
Location
Walthamstow, London
Hated units:
--456: I know they suffer the worst of the vandalism running on the South London line but that doesn't mean Southern should neglect them, thier NSE livery is fading and in bad need of a refurb
--390: Rubbish seat to window ratio, hardly any good legroom (except around table seats) and are not the most reliable things on rails!
--220/1: Same as the 390s, plus they are too short for many of of the routes they work thus become overcrowded quickly.

Hated locos:
--Ummm, don't really have one, I am one of a few that actaully like Sheds!

Fave units:
--Anything Sprinter, Turbo or Flymo for diesels
--357: Very quiet in operation, but prefer the 0/s to the /2s
--317/6: Best units around, credit to NatEx for these. Excellent both inside and out, shame about the red/cream livery being replaced by ONE livery though!

Fave locos:
--Skodas
--37s
--31s
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
18,382
Location
0035
158s, 158s and 158s

and 158s.
 

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Joined
7 Sep 2005
Messages
1,787
Location
Loughborough
Seth said:
Nick said:
Whats the difference if I may ask between the 357/1 and 357/2?

Nothing as such. The two sub-classes reflect the different owners.

The interiors are different aswell, the 357/1s wre ordered by LTS and have a green based interior wheras the 357/2s were ordered by National Express and have a pink based interior. I think the seats are different aswell. The main point I was making though was that the 357/1s were ordered to replace the last of the early 60s (maybe even late 70's) 302s and late 60s 310s, but the 357/2s were ordered to replace the mid-late 70s built 312s, which was required by the SRA when NX took over the franchise, since under the original franchise agreement the 312s, being still fairly modern, would have stayed for some more years.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
18,382
Location
0035
The original 357s and the Nx 375s both have Chapman seating, although the orginal batch has much more comfy seats, and a much more eye pleasing interior, also the later batch are the only ones (should be) in use off peak, so get much more use and are generally subject to more vandalism (though c2c are good at getting this cleared up).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top