• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Cross Rail Successful Driver applicants Sharing info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leebob34

Hi tweeds

I was led to believe that recruitment will open up again in October but will be for positions on the west side.. Don't get dishearted mate as you done all the hard work in the tests so next time it's just the DM interview you will have to do and you know where to improve.
Best of luck bud

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twedds74

Hi mate,
October is the next time they will advertise the job. You will have to wait 6 months to apply again. You'll have to contact them directly and they will book you an interview.

Do you have any advice you could share with me, such as what questions you were personally asked, where your shortfalls were.
also how many managers were interviewing you?

Your help will be much appreciated.
thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Knowing the various types of questions you were asked will be of great help to me. If you could please assist that'll be awesome.
Thanks for your reply.

Hi, yes there were 2 in my interview as I think is the standard now, both lovely people,I did feel very comfortable, although nervous.
Questions I remember they asked were, why do you want to be a train driver, what do you know about MTR, explain the role of a train driver, how will you get to work, and will you have to make any adjustments to your day to day life to cope with the shift work. Also if I had any questions.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

EazyGuy

Hi everyone - new here.

When the recruitment opens up again, won't they be taking people on for central London?

I don't think so, I'm not sure there is a central london depot, if there is (paddington?) it wont be until 2018 anyway, so they wouldn't be taking people on there now that's for sure.

ConicalWheels

Damn, I was really hoping for a central London depot or at least a C. London starting point. If that's the case sounds like I'm going to need to be v patient.

Can hardly wait to see an Aventura though!!

Twedds74

Hi everyone - new here.

When the recruitment opens up again, won't they be taking people on for central London?

Hi, As far as I understand depots will be, Ilford, old oak common, reading, shenfield and abbey wood. Don't quote me on that though!

ConicalWheels

Oh dear, bad news for someone living in London with easy access to Central London. really wanted to work for MTR.

I guess there are plenty of other TOCs with bases in c London though, GTR eg

TDK

Established Member
Hi hammer4life,

Can you recall any if not all the questions your were asked in the DMI?

thanks.

Why don't you just ask a qualified driver to sit the interview for you :roll::roll:

iWantIn

can Anyone who is already driving for TfL Rail (MTR CROSSRAIL) give us an idea of the base roster? and how a average 8 week cycle looks like, as it stands now.

Cheeres

Leebob34

Hi all.

Just received a letter confirming my start date. February next year !!!
I still have to pass medical but am over the moon .:D

Deano87

can Anyone who is already driving for TfL Rail (MTR CROSSRAIL) give us an idea of the base roster? and how a average 8 week cycle looks like, as it stands now.

Cheeres

congrats mate, I've got my interview friday, then a medical if i get through, any advice on what route i need to go down in terms of answering their questions? any info at all would help, thanks

Moedot7

There are only 10 students per course in any given month.
Training starts October.
All start dates are fully booked up to and including April.

That means they have recruited 70 trainees so far.

Essexj

Hi all, I will be starting in January. Can't wait! Has anyone had any communication from MTR after the letter and welcome pack?
Code:

andylee7

Hi all, I will be starting in January. Can't wait! Has anyone had any communication from MTR after the letter and welcome pack?
Code:

Congratulations Essex

Can you tell me what was in your welcome pack ?

iWantIn

Hello all. Just wanted to see if those of you who've started could share any info on how it's going?

what routes will you bee doing?

Any idea of how the base rosta looks (shift patterns/min consecutive rest days etc...)?

Any info will be greatly appreciated cheers

Leebob34

Hi guys .i should be starting in 3 months but waiting for the refrencing to comeback ,seems like it's taken ages, how long did you guys wait for it

donpoku

Guys any of you know the best way to prepare for the visual search exercise where you track the dot while identifying patterns? Thanks if you can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.