• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail - Now recruiting for Trainee & Qualified Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

theking

So is it the same thing as the practice materials or different?

I take it you have to click on the incorrect boxes?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mightyirons77

Hello guys . Can any of you tell me how long after doing the questionnaire were you told about the stage 3 part ? Cheers.

theking

Does doing stage 3 visual with a touch pad on a laptop seriously affect the out come?

I don't have access to a mouse atm and don't want to leave it till the last minute to complete.

Any help appreciated.

MickyB89

Does doing stage 3 visual with a touch pad on a laptop seriously affect the out come?

I don't have access to a mouse atm and don't want to leave it till the last minute to complete.

Any help appreciated.

I did it on laptop. I found that it would have been easier with a mouse. My laptop doesn't have a click button, you have to push the touch pad down to click, so when doing that, the cursor moves slightly. It cost me a few errors. Rather frustrating.

MickyB89

Guys, for those of you who have completed stage 3 already, how long was it until you heard back?

jellybabyj

I did the stage one the online questionnaire still not heard of I got through to online testing been 2 weeks now maybe there a back log etc due to amount of applicants .

I hoping I do get through to stage to the online tests.

Is there anyone still waiting to hear back after they done stage one etc

Also if they reply if you have been unsecsesful ?

theking

Don't want to worry you but I heard back in less than 24 hours about being successful and put forward for stage 2. Maybe phone them up and see as the email might have got lost or something.

jellybabyj

Don't want to worry you but I heard back in less than 24 hours about being successful and put forward for stage 2. Maybe phone them up and see as the email might have got lost or something.

anyone got a contact for them only thing is I don't want to come across as impatient as it did say the selection process could take up 2 9 months

theking

Took my stage 3 yesterday and was a disaster!! First 2 execises on the vse were fine then on the multitasking one i never realised it started so got a few errors before I even got going. Got timed out on the sje at question 21. Dont think will be seeing you on assessment day!!
Have you heard back yet?

Hopefully you did well enough on the 21 questions to pass.

Any advice on the vse? How long does it take.

MickyB89

Took my stage 3 yesterday and was a disaster!! First 2 execises on the vse were fine then on the multitasking one i never realised it started so got a few errors before I even got going. Got timed out on the sje at question 21. Dont think will be seeing you on assessment day!!
Have you heard back yet?

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully it's not as bad as you think. The multitasking was definitely tricky!

I just checked my email and I have got to stage 4. The phone interview. That's on 3rd or March. Interviews are not my friend. I've come 2nd for a few great jobs. Always the Bridesmaid.

387star

On Moderation
Blimey this application process sounds more stringent than first group online tests!

Bizarre how every TOC has a completely different application surely some standardization would help

SPADTrap

Established Member
Blimey this application process sounds more stringent than first group online tests!

Bizarre how every TOC has a completely different application surely some standardization would help

Standard assessments come after!

MickyB89

Congratulations and well done! You have to be the bride one day so hopefully this is the time! I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding out much hope! Take it you answered all the questions within the time limit? You sound like you have had your fair share of interviews so use your experience and nail it! All the best

Thank You.

Yeah I finished all of them. I tried not to think too much into them and went with my gut.

Last edited:

theking

Could be worse at least you done the test.

I just took stage 3 visual and half way through the second part my computer auto shut down for an update. When it reloaded the second part of the test was finished. So I just went onto the third part.

I've emailed them but don't hold out much hope. To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

jellybabyj

I didnt make the cut to didn't make stage2 must of flopped on the questionnaire
Fort I did ok and they can't give feed back to got to wait 6 months till I can try again i miss out on applying for the trainee role again by 10 days lol as the closeing date is August

theking

Sorry mate, just seen your above post but couldn't have really given you much advice but you obviously now know for yourself.
Typical bad luck on your part by the sound of it and do feel for you!
How did you find the rest of it?
Think we need to just stay positive and if the worst happens there could be plenty worse things that could happen in life to make the outcome pretty insignificant no matter how much we both wanted it!!

Yeah you're right and I probably would have failed the psychometric tests anyway but I've been waiting for crossrail for years so a bit sickening to probably fail because of an auto shutdown as I did everything in my power to prevent it.

The first part I didn't make any mistakes and the second part I think I managed 40 before auto shutdown with 1 mistake and then the 3rd and final part think I made 6 mistakes because I was so stressed about the second part .

I've emailed re the second part they'll be able to see from question 40 I didn't answer any so maybe I'll get another chance at that although I did say if my 1 and 3 scores were not good enough to not bother but because of the amount of applications i don't really hold up much hope because they can just go onto a person that passed.

Really hope you did enough to pass though mate.

MickyB89

It is a big kick in the teeth but you might find them understanding. The scoring sounds on a parr with what I ended up with although I may have done a little worse on the 3rd stage... Found the error button on the left seemed to lag a little at times which threw me a bit but I'm not going to mention it to them as it was probably the way I was hovering over it.
I disagree with what you say about the vse tests though (not that this will be much consolation to you at the moment).... Reason I say that is I passed all of these about a year ago and found the stage 3 vse more challenging than any of those.
Thanks for your support and hope you get somewhere with them!

I had a friend who passed them too. He said it was the 4 dots test, reading and listening at the same time and something else. They sounded daunting.

How come you find part three hardest of all?

Changeofcareer

Hi all.

I applied today and was sent the three part questionnaire

Really wish I had selected some different answers under the three main responsibilities of a train driver

I hope I get onto the next stage!!!!!

Pebbles

Completed my online tests yesterday just waiting to hear back now...how long did it take you to get a response for the next stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.