• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail - Now recruiting for Trainee & Qualified Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mightyirons77

Think I done ok , my mouse pad got stuck couple times , weirdly I thought the last part was the easiest , sounds strange I know .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Luski28

Good luck to all, have any qualified drivers gone for this and had any feedback.
Cheers

Ersen.o

Guys I've got my phone interview on March 9th but I'll be driving a bus at that moment in time!! Would it be wrong for me to ask them to rearrange the date and time or should I just swap my rest days or take the day off with a bh?

Thanks

sandelable

I finished stage 3 and on 5 of March I have the telephone interview. Does anyone know what kind of questions do they ask you? And also I am not good at interviews, I currently work on railway industry so I am pretty confident on how is like inside. Any advice would be great. Thanks

mobiller

I have the telephone interview on the 9th March. Does anyone know what type of questions do they ask ?
Good Luck to everyone!!!

Tops85

I finished stage 3 and on 5 of March I have the telephone interview. Does anyone know what kind of questions do they ask you? And also I am not good at interviews, I currently work on railway industry so I am pretty confident on how is like inside. Any advice would be great. Thanks

One of my mates has had the telephone interview and to say I'm unhappy with is an understatement.... He refuses to give me a heads up on what they interviewed him on. Can you believe that?

anyway id love to tell you before your interview but mines after then on the 6ths ill keep trying and if i get info ill post it on here. for everyone to prep. if not id appreciate a heads up as to what type of interview it is, like a competency interview or just about what you know of the job and expectations and the company.

cheers

EazyGuy

One of my mates has had the telephone interview and to say I'm unhappy with is an understatement.... He refuses to give me a heads up on what they interviewed him on. Can you believe that?

anyway id love to tell you before your interview but mines after then on the 6ths ill keep trying and if i get info ill post it on here. for everyone to prep. if not id appreciate a heads up as to what type of interview it is, like a competency interview or just about what you know of the job and expectations and the company.

cheers

Thanks that would be really nice of you, mine's on the 9th...Some mate he is!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Can you remember how the rest of the process is supposed to go from here?

Phone interview......something......something......medical?

Here is the full process...A lot of tests, that's for sure! :o

9 Stages of the selection procedure
The stages are as follows:

Stage 1: Complete and submit your MTR Crossrail application, you will then receive an email which will contain your link to the online questionnaire. This stage will involve you completing an online questionnaire where you will need to answer some questions about how you like to work, what you know about the driver role and MTR Crossrail and how you would manage different situations. If you are successful through the online questionnaire you will then be invited to complete stage 2.

Stage 2: Online questionnaire This stage will involve you completing an online questionnaire as part of this website. You will need to answer some questions about how you like to work, what you know about the driver role and how you would manage different situations. If you are successful through the online questionnaire you will then be invited to complete stage 3.

Stage 3: Online testing For this stage we will email you a web link to complete two tests online. The Visual Search Exercise (VSE) will take you around 60 minutes and the Situational Judgement Test (SJT) will take a further 60 minutes. Both tests will be scored and if you meet the required standard then you will be invited to complete stage 4.

Stage 4: Telephone Interview For this stage one of our assessors will call you for a short telephone interview. This will take around 10 minutes. If you're successful through the telephone interview then you will be invited to join us at an assessment centre at MTR Crossrail's offices near Liverpool Street, London.

Stage 5: Paper and pencil tests At this stage you will be asked to complete a range of psychometric tests that will assess your skills and abilities that are required for the role of train driving with MTR Crossrail. These will be the Group Bourdon and Tea-Occ which assesses attention, the TRP1 and TRP2 test which is a trainability test, and the DFFT which looks at fault finding. During the assessment centre we will then score up your tests and if you meet the standard that we are looking for you will then be invited to attend stage 6.

Stage 6: Computer based tests This stage will be held at the MTR Crossrail offices again near Liverpool Street, London. At the centre you will be asked to complete a number of computer based tests - WAFV vigilance exercise, ATAVT perception test, 2-Hand co-ordination test, Situational Judgement Test (SJT), OTDPQ personality questionnaire. Again these will be scored by our assessors throughout the day and if you meet the MTR Crossrail standard then we will invite you to stage 7.

Stage 7: Interviews You will be asked to come along to our offices again near Liverpool Street, London for your interviews. You will have an interview with one of our assessors and if
you match our train driver requirements then we will ask you to stay with us for your second and final interview with a line manager. This is your opportunity to tell us more about you and why you're suitable for the role. You will also be asked to give strong examples of how you've dealt with various situations. If you are successful through the line manager interview then we will be delighted to offer you a trainee train driver role. This is subject to a satisfactory medical and reference check.

Stage 8: Medical You will be asked to attend a medical with our occupational health team where a comprehensive check will be undertaken to assess your fitness to perform the train driver role. A drugs and alcohol test will also be undertaken.

Stage 9: Reference and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks We will ask you to provide references that will be verified. We will also ask you to complete a DBS form that will then be checked with the relevant statutory authorities.

Last edited:

387star

On Moderation
Ouch two interviews on one day

At least the telephone interview isn't too long !

Sounds like they have enhanced pass requirements

Pebbles

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully it's not as bad as you think. The multitasking was definitely tricky!

I just checked my email and I have got to stage 4. The phone interview. That's on 3rd or March. Interviews are not my friend. I've come 2nd for a few great jobs. Always the Bridesmaid.

Hey MickyB89, how was the interview? I have mine coming up very soon :?

iWantIn

Has anyone had their tele interview yet? I know it's a long shot asking as those who have may not want to disclose that info. however no harm In asking. we'd all appreciate or you could just pm me:lol:

EazyGuy

For anyone that has done the phone interview, have you heard back yet? Anybody been invited to stage 5? I have a holiday coming up and am wondering how big the gap is between stage 4 and 5 dates...Im hoping about 2 weeks lol

Tops85

Has anyone herd back from a telephone interview yet? How long does it take to hear back.....

It's a basic interview about what U know of the job and company last 10 minutes

MickyB89

Has anyone herd back from a telephone interview yet? How long does it take to hear back.....

It's a basic interview about what U know of the job and company last 10 minutes

They got back in about 4 hours. I got through.

snash1039

I have passed stage 2. What does the visual and situational tests inVole ? Is this hard has anyone had succes?

sandelable

Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask you for the telephone interview?
I have mine tomorrow...and i am stressed, please someone help me.

snash1039

I got timed out on question 25 of the situational judgement. Does this mean I have failed?

pipman42

Not necessarily, it depends on how well you did on the first part. I didn't get thorough to the phone interview.

Leeall1501

Hi guys I'm a qualified driver and recieved an email yesterday saying I would be invited to an interview on weds 15 March I only done the vse tests

f40spider

Hi guys knew to this forum, Interested in becoming a train driver. Put in an application to MTR crossrail and have just sent off my stage 2 tests for marking, fingers crossed.

Long process but was a Met Police Officer so understand long recruitment processes.

Thought I'd say Hi to you all and look forward to reading these forums.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.