• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail - Now recruiting for Trainee & Qualified Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amoaz6

"I’m emailing as unfortunately I will need to postpone the interview you have with MTR Crossrail on 8 May and I do apologise for the short notice. The cancellation is due to the number of assessors that we have available for this date. Can I offer instead the 29th May for you to have your interviews? I’m very sorry again for the short notice and if you have any queries then do let me know."

Received this email earlier today. Gutted, wanted to get it over and done with:cry:

Anyone else receive a similar note?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Waikikibaby

Waikikibaby

Did you get 2minutes for each page for the group bourdon test? How many lined did you finish in that time if you were allocated that time. You last message has started to worry me lol, don't really want to mess this stage up as really want to get in and be successful.

Thanks

I honestly have no idea how long we got for each section and I think I completed just over half the page on each test. You couldn't open the paper until the test started and when it ended you had to close the books so there was no chance to count how many lines there were or how many I completed.

Good luck

del12

Waikibaby

If it is not too much please keep us informed about how the interview goes, I know it's all competitive and if you do not wish to discuss then fine. Good luck with your interview.

Chuggington81

"I’m emailing as unfortunately I will need to postpone the interview you have with MTR Crossrail on 8 May and I do apologise for the short notice. The cancellation is due to the number of assessors that we have available for this date. Can I offer instead the 29th May for you to have your interviews? I’m very sorry again for the short notice and if you have any queries then do let me know."

Received this email earlier today. Gutted, wanted to get it over and done with:cry:

Anyone else receive a similar note?

I have interview on the 8th but haven't had cancellation email as of yet.

Jk576

Got am email that I passed to the stage 3! So relieved! Now need to study for thay one and complete it by 15th May!

chrislowe1811

Hi all, have been notified in the last 2 days that my application has been progressed to assessment centre 1 on the 1st of June. NOW THE REAL WORK BEGINS....good luck all, keep plugging away, I,ve been at it since the middle of March so starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!(pun intended) :)

mobiller

I also received an email moving my Interview date from the June 1st to the 28th.
Do you guys know if successful on the interview, how long do I have to wait to start the course ?

Good Luck everyone

Waikikibaby

Waikibaby

If it is not too much please keep us informed about how the interview goes, I know it's all competitive and if you do not wish to discuss then fine. Good luck with your interview.

Thank you, I have another 3 weeks to wait so it'll be a while.

Val3ntine

Hi all, have been notified in the last 2 days that my application has been progressed to assessment centre 1 on the 1st of June. NOW THE REAL WORK BEGINS....good luck all, keep plugging away, I,ve been at it since the middle of March so starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!(pun intended) :)

Ahh well done!! Im in the same boat as u, im just waiting for my results from stage 3 still, hopefully i'll be joining u.. May i ask did u complete stage 3 more or less error free to your knowledge or did u make a few errors?

Sbob

Passed my medical the other day thankfully. Heard that someone failed on the colour blind test. Feel so bad for them. He apparently didn't have a clue. Even if you are skeptical of that. After passing everything else.

Anyone. No real point. Just interesting I guess.

EazyGuy

Congrats Sbob, have they given you a start date? I assume you had already taken the tests with another TOC?

iWantIn

Congrats Sbob. For some reason I can't private message you. Could you message me please I want to speak to you.

Thanks

EazyGuy

I'm a little worried, perhaps somebody can put my fears to bed, or confirm them.

I was one of the first called forward for assessment, was supposed to be middle of April, I had to re-schedule and the only time they could fit me in was June 8th!

I know they require a lot of drivers, but presumably they don't need all of them right now, and having been pushed right to the back of the queue for assessment I fear they will get enough before I'm done, even if I was successful....I almost feel like i've missed out already and it's got me a little down that I was forced to re-schedule, am I being silly or do you think I'm right to think like that....I guess they might have a "talent pool" if they get enough before me?

mrhappy786

Good stuff! I also had the same email and got invited for the assessment on 1st of June. Indeed the real work begins, its going to be one long day. How you preparing for this mate?

Nuttytoffee

EazyGuy, don't worry. There is a long way to go before there are drivers on the route so you should be fine. I don't believe you have missed anything or else they wouldn't have rescheduled at all. Sit back, relax and enjoy the extra few weeks it gives you to revise. Even if they have enough candidates that have passed, they will probably wait until the majority are done and then choose the ones with the highest pass marks.

Last edited:

Sbarfoot

Great to see a few people getting in now, had my medical Friday and it went well. Looking forward to September now and getting started.

Jk576

Great to see a few people getting in now, had my medical Friday and it went well. Looking forward to September now and getting started.

How did the medical go? What kind of things do they check? If you don't mind me asking. I know they do a colour blindness test that's about it :)

Sbarfoot

How did the medical go? What kind of things do they check? If you don't mind me asking. I know they do a colour blindness test that's about it :)

its blood preesure, drugs and alcohol test, eyes, ECG, check your balance, field of vision hearing as well. Basic medical really plus the ECG

Ruby86

Hi everyone, got the first assessment in a few weeks, can anyone tell me if it's an all day reaction test or will they also do any face to face interviews on the same day?
Appreciate all the advice

Chrisjuly89

I have my assessment center tomorrow morning. Rather nervous now. Will try to remember as much as I can to help you all out.

del12

Chrisjuly

Good luck with the assessment, hope you do excellent and pass.

mresh91

For those that have already done the stage 5 assessment, does it really take 8 hours to do all the tests 9am-5pm)? What time did you leave the assessment centre, and how many people were there at the test centre with you?

Thanks

sandelable

Hi guys,
Did anyone had the computer tests? How did it go? I have mine next week and I am a little bit stressed.
Anyone?
Cheers,
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For those that have already done the stage 5 assessment, does it really take 8 hours to do all the tests 9am-5pm)? What time did you leave the assessment centre, and how many people were there at the test centre with you?

Thanks

Hi mate,
We were around 30-35 people in the morning, and we left at 16:00, only 9 of us passed on the next stage, which is Computer test at their office. But we had a break from 11:00 to 13:00 for them to do the scoring.

D1939

So relieved I got through to an assessment day on the 9th July! Anyone else??

Status
Not open for further replies.