• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jack Duerden

Those who have already been invited to the next round, what depot did you apply for out of interest..?

I applied for Old Oak Common depot on Sunday, Got link for the first SJT on the Monday, completed it and got an email for the VSE and 2nd SJT today and completed. The practice material you can print for the VSE scared me but I found the actual online VSE test not too bad. (make sure you sit in a quiet room with plenty of time to complete it, ideally at a desk with a physical mouse, not a touch pad! you need to really focus) The 2nd SJT is different to the first as the questions are not railway based, and it seems more to be tailored towards your personality instead of a simple decision making choice. (ie all the options available would be to do the same action but in slightly different ways)

Ikiki

Can someone please clarify is the first test multiple choice?
Or should I write down a couple of paragraphs on How I’d like to work, what I know about the role etc?

Thanks

Jack Duerden

Can someone please clarify is the first test multiple choice?
Or should I write down a couple of paragraphs on How I’d like to work, what I know about the role etc?

Thanks
The first test you are invited to complete after submitting the application is multi choice (ish) it's tick boxes and choosing the action you would do out of a list of options. there is no typing to do

OneLowban

Anyone completed ALL of the psychometric tests previously to this job advert heard back yet?

Mo ali

Yes mate OOC depot completed it start date in oct ps I applied in Jan 2017 so best of luck to everyone it's not a quick process psychometric testing is done over 2 days at the opc in Watford followed by some of there own assessments online plus another sjt followed by dmi so good luck people

Nelly74

May I ask if after the first SJT if you were advised that your results would be processed and that it could be 20 days before you hear back?

FM511

Well this is disheartening. Applied for Maidenhead on Monday and I still haven't heard anything back. :'(

Anyone else in the same boat?

Well this is disheartening. Applied for Maidenhead on Monday and I still haven't heard anything back. :'(

Yep... 2 days in the world of railway recruitment is like travelling at the speed of light compared to normal. You need a LOT of patience as I'm sure everyone who's been on here a while will tell you!

Mo ali

Guys you all need to relax it's a grooling process if they say 20 days usually if you pass you will know after vacancy closing date that's y they keep the vacancies live until they have the correct number of applicants I waited 18months for the whole process to complete

FM511

Guys you all need to relax it's a grooling process if they say 20 days usually if you pass you will know after vacancy closing date that's y they keep the vacancies live until they have the correct number of applicants I waited 18months for the whole process to complete

Yea I know recruitment with TOCs is a drawn out process. Its just disheartening to hear that other applicants are hearing back straight away and I still haven't heard anything back. Yea I know "No news is good news" but it does play with you head a little bit lol.

Mixerdriver

I'm in the same Maidenhead boat as you FM. Gone from dreaming about the job I want to leave to dreaming about confirmation emails....nothing yet though! Difficult to put the phone down and forget, knowing others are advancing...

martin2345uk

Established Member
Same here, I went for Gidea Park and other people who applied there have already progressed to the next stage so it's not looking awesome...

ThatGuy

Guys they only have a limited number of interviewers so you’ve gotta be patient. MTR is still a growing company with very small teams compared to other TOCS. No point in getting overzealous because they’ll get around to you eventually. Trust me, I know things lol.

SquarePeg

Yep, applied for Maidenhead on Monday. No SJT and I thought they were getting sent without human intervention! Oh well, just wait and see I suppose.

OneLowban

Yes mate OOC depot completed it start date in oct ps I applied in Jan 2017 so best of luck to everyone it's not a quick process psychometric testing is done over 2 days at the opc in Watford followed by some of there own assessments online plus another sjt followed by dmi so good luck people

Same here, I went for Gidea Park and other people who applied there have already progressed to the next stage so it's not looking awesome...

The reason I asked the above question is because I have completed all of the assessments at another TOC, so I would just need a DMI.

Figured providing myself and anyone else in the same boat, have passed the online tests, we would hear back after the people that haven't done all of the psychometric tests.

Dean90

I've got my online VSE/SJT test sent through this afternoon. Anyone know what it entails and how hard it is? Got until Saturday to do it so will probably get it done Saturday when not at work.

Mixerdriver

Thanks for sensible and levelling response ThatGuy, those of us who've been lurking silently studying do know you're right! Just need to be reminded!

Mo ali

The reason I asked the above question is because I have completed all of the assessments at another TOC, so I would just need a DMI.

Figured providing myself and anyone else in the same boat, have passed the online tests, we would hear back after the people that haven't done all of the psychometric tests.

As long as when you sat the assessment with other toc you should be ok as long as you passed all papers with high marks I sat mines at south eastern but was accepted after they checked the score

Joliver

I've completed all psychometric tests also. I've been invited to stage 2 and it clearly states on the email that MTR policy is for all candidates to complete these tests regardless of previous psychometric tests undertaken. If successful after this stage then precious tests will be taken into account and they'll inform you of any further tests go complete. Hopes this helps.

OneLowban

As long as when you sat the assessment with other toc you should be ok as long as you passed all papers with high marks I sat mines at south eastern but was accepted after they checked the score
Yeah I passed with Arriva and I think they are enhanced pass rate.

I've completed all psychometric tests also. I've been invited to stage 2 and it clearly states on the email that MTR policy is for all candidates to complete these tests regardless of previous psychometric tests undertaken. If successful after this stage then precious tests will be taken into account and they'll inform you of any further tests go complete. Hopes this helps.
Ah right okay thanks, that does help.

Maybe they just haven't got round to me yet or I didn't pass.

Mashud121

I just did my VSE and SJT got around 5 wrong first part of vse which is the shapes test then when i was doing the second part the primary test which is on the left got one wrong and the secondary i got around 7 wrong then on the sjt test couldnt complete the last question as it said 70 mins i thought i had time but clearly lost track and i got timed out the vse i found was rough sjt even though its personality based you can tell some are very similar to situations you would have as a driver .hopfully i passed we shall find out.it normaly take 2 or 3 days.fingers crossed.

Ray786

Just did my VSE and SJT for OOC depot, was ok, got 1 wrong in sections 1, 3 in section 2 and 5 in final section. SJT is hard to predict as it’s purely based on how u deal with situations. Fingers crossed

slidingdoors

VSE is brutal. Esp stage 3. You can see how it's possible to get it 100% but that would require not a single lapse of concentration obviously. I found a couple of times on stage 3 when there's a track error and you try and click that and then also answer the shapes side in the alloted couple of seconds, it can be easy to loose awareness of if it has moved on a cycle again when you switch attention back to the track. Which induces panic and you have to really focus and just get back in the groove. Proper sweaty palms-ville that test is! Purely because of what's a stake.

SJT tricky as well due to the mental conflict of what you think and you think THEY want.

Status
Not open for further replies.