• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Train Driver Old Oak Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshking5

Hey guys,

I literally just applied and did not receive an invitation to an online test straight away. Can I ask how long it was before you received the invitaion to the online questionaire?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

988trader

Hello all,
i have previously passed stage 1 of the process, am i correct in saying that i will not need to undertake stage 1 tests again?

903cross

Hi guys. I'm new to this site. Completed my stage 3 online test yesterday. Just waiting to hear back now. Checking emails every hour...Although could be a wait.

chriswitton

Hi, newbie here.

I have just applied for this yesterday and have completed the initial questionnaire today. Had a response advising to hear back within 10 days.

It's all very exciting.

903cross

I'm still waiting to hear if I passed stage 3 online tests. This is day 8 of waiting.

Last edited:

Redelephant19

I completed Stage 3 on the 23 oct. still awaiting a reply, not sure if that's good or bad, going down the route that if it was bad they could've binned me straight away!

Nacho85

I did the test yesterday. I got quite a few errors on the third task. Around 10. Not sure if I'm going to make it with that many wrong :/.

From what I've seen so far, most only had a few mistakes. How did others do?

Good luck

jimbo89

Today received invitation for stage 4 at assessment center on 05.01.2016!
Group Bourdon
TPR1
TPR2
DFFT
Tea-Occ
Guys, this forum is very quiet!?! compare with previous for February Crossrail recruitment!
where are the people!

Good to hear you made it through!! Just competed the vse, found first part easy second one I made a couple of silly errors and and the multitask part I made about 7 mistakes, read on another post from previous forum that a guy made about the same amount of mistakes just hope that's good enough on my final overall score, how did you do roughly? Out of interest

Redelephant19

I found a few of the Stage 3 subjective questions tough, made about 5 mistakes on the visual tests! It's not clear what the pass mark is but I'm guessing there's probably a back log for them to clear before they get round to ours? The waiting is torture.

jimbo89

Yeah I reckon I made around 7 mistakes on last one and about 3 on the second one, didn't realise the 3rd one had started, still waiting to here back, how long did it take for them to get back to you once you had done stage 3 tests?

joshking5

I am going to do my online stage 3 some time this week, I wondered if one of you guys could tell me how similar the practice materials are to the actual online tests?

Considering the practice materials are pencil and paper I know they will be slightly different but is it basically the same thing? Good Luck to all and thanks in advance!

Redelephant19

Loads of info on the forum about the tests which is great. Stage 3 test consist of 25 subjective questions similar to stage 2 then the fun begins with a concentration test where you watch a blue dot move around a circle and click error when it either moves to quick or backwards or jumps. Then you move on to matching up shapes which sounds easy and probably is but when your under a bit of pressure and are concentrating hard it's easy to make a mistake. The final test combines both at the same time which really gets your finger to twitch almost to the point where your clicking the mouse by mistake. Anyway best bit of advice is to do it in a quiet house with no kids running around and give yourself a bit of time using the practice questions on there. I hope this helps a bit and good luck. Im still awaiting a reply which is painful.

valle

Hi there,

I just received the confirmation email saying that I was not successful on stage 3 , passing the M7 Situational judgement test but failing the visual search test.
I had to do it in two differents days due to my work with horrible shifts and I was tired so my advice is stay relaxed because is not really difficult but you need pay all your attention.

Good luck ladies and gents !

Redelephant19

Sorry to hear that Valle, not an easy test to do but keep plugging away.lots of jobs coming up and I hear London overground are recruiting again. Do you mind me asking when you completed stage 3?

valle

Sorry to hear that Valle, not an easy test to do but keep plugging away.lots of jobs coming up and I hear London overground are recruiting again. Do you mind me asking when you completed stage 3?

On 27 I received the email with the invitation for stage 3 and I did it between saturday and sunday with deadline on 3rd of november, they replied today on the afternoon.

I will keep checking anyway, never give up !

Last edited:

matt_world2004

Established Member
How strict are they on the 40 minute rule. I live in Hayes and can make Old Oak in 40 minutes however according to journey planner the peak travel time to old oak is 1 hour 10.

Leebob34

How strict are they on the 40 minute rule. I live in Hayes and can make Old Oak in 40 minutes however according to journey planner the peak travel time to old oak is 1 hour 10.

There are on the ball with this,I was in the same boat ,borderline 40 mins away (but 50 mins according to street maps ) and after I had passed medical I then got the letter stating I had to relocate to be within the 40 minutes or risk having my job offer with drawn so people do be prepared to relocate if you need to .it is a complete ball ache but the future will hopefully be better
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Congratulations!
Could you tell us the difference between practice material and real DFFT ?
A Little bit more if you remember and wish?

The practise material will stand you in good stead although the real one is a bit more complicated and you only have set time to do it .this test I found quite difficult and it is really a case of carefully reading everything and making sure you understand what it is your doing before you answer .ask questions beforehand if your not sure . There is a thread on this site for DFFT but I don't know how to post the link ,

Addamuff

Just done my online questionnaire. Some interesting scenarios on there. Good luck to everyone

I am dong my stage 2 tomorrow. I have been told its not too hard. What are the questions like?

Hope you did well mate.

Redelephant19

Thanks Valle I'll keep checking my email every few minutes!!! I'm going to apply to as many as possible as the process is very tough and highly sort after. Keep in touch and let us know your future plans I'm sure it'll be a case that you will make it with another operator or even this one if you reapply in 6 months

jimbo89

Got through to the assessment centre for the 12th of Jan! Good luck everyone else

scotty88

Hi everyone,

i am also invited to stage 3 tests at the assessment center but not until 12/1/2016!
Plenty of time to practice ;) Good luck to you all.

Addamuff

I am doing my stage 2 tonight. Any tips guys as I am cacking it! Please please help.

good luck each and everyone of you.

joshking5

Hey to anyone that passed and is through to the assessment center. How much time did you spend on the practice materials? Honest opinions? I have a tight schedule this week and not much time to revise before I do it. Thanks in advance

Edit: Also did you guys sit them both one after the other or on separate days?

Last edited:

Phillbob

Hey to anyone that passed and is through to the assessment center. How much time did you spend on the practice materials? Honest opinions? I have a tight schedule this week and not much time to revise before I do it. Thanks in advance

Edit: Also did you guys sit them both one after the other or on separate days?

You do it on separate dates, when I did them back in July/August for the Ilford depot position. They where a few weeks apart. To be fair I spent maybe a few hours overall looking at it. You don't need to much time if I am honest.

jimbo89

There are on the ball with this,I was in the same boat ,borderline 40 mins away (but 50 mins according to street maps ) and after I had passed medical I then got the letter stating I had to relocate to be within the 40 minutes or risk having my job offer with drawn so people do be prepared to relocate if you need to .it is a complete ball ache but the future will hopefully be better
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

The practise material will stand you in good stead although the real one is a bit more complicated and you only have set time to do it .this test I found quite difficult and it is really a case of carefully reading everything and making sure you understand what it is your doing before you answer .ask questions beforehand if your not sure . There is a thread on this site for DFFT but I don't know how to post the link ,

Hi leebob your replies have been quite helpful I must say!, in regards to the 40 minute rule, i take it that can include you driving to the depot? On google maps it says I'm 30 minute drive away and slightly more if I use the motorway, I guess this is ok, although I am willing to re locate if need be, also to pick your brains how difficult was the group Bourdon test and the interview(s) afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.