• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Yorkshire Crossrail Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spod

AFAIK it was a cheap NR funded alternative to East Leeds Parkway that could be completed if the WYCTA funded station was not completed by the end of CP5, in order that the CP5 HLOS requirement of 2 extra Calder Valley trains into Leeds could be met.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Inded WYCTA then cooled on the idea of the Parkway station when they realised that if HS3 is built, it would likely be bypassed by fast trains and have changed their preference to Thorpe Park. And it seems to have been decided to run longer rather than more frequent Calder Valley trains into Leeds.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I really doubt it would be possible to complete such a major project by 2019, especially after the Hendy review of CP5. I was thinking of something with a similar budget to the cancelled turnback.

The latest draft WY Metro policy up for consultation states they will build a station at Thorpe Park. I've also heard it would have four platforms, presumably to allow expresses to overtake stoppers. If the line was four tracked that far, the fast lines could join the HS2 link to the ECML on the other side of the M1, but would HS3 trains and other 140 mph capable stock like the TPE Class 802s be allowed to use it or would it be exclusively for HS2 services? Is it better to four track to Micklefield?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic08

On Moderation
The latest draft WY Metro policy up for consultation states they will build a station at Thorpe Park. I've also heard it would have four platforms, presumably to allow expresses to overtake stoppers. If the line was four tracked that far, the fast lines could join the HS2 link to the ECML on the other side of the M1, but would HS3 trains and other 140 mph capable stock like the TPE Class 802s be allowed to use it or would it be exclusively for HS2 services? Is it better to four track to Micklefield?

Quad tracking is essential from Leeds to East Garforth and preferably to Micklefield to segregate stoppers from fast services. As well as Thorpe Park, which is only a P&R station adjacent to the new East Leeds Orbital road, a new station is needed next to Leeds Parish Church/Bus Station and all the new office building in this quarter.

Marsh Lane to Cross Gates was quad track until closure of the Wetherby route and Cross Gates to the former junction for Kippax at East Garforth was built for quad track but never installed so would not be that costly apart from Leeds to Marsh Lane that would have to be new viaduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.