• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Apprenticeships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydro

Established Member
Ill be working at the selection days in London

Are they doing it at the Croydon Park hotel again? I did mine there, and strangely enough, I'm staying there at the moment. Nice little lodging turn.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

miikey

No, its called the Watford Training Centre? I can't remember what it was when I did mine in Watford. I might ask them if I can go to Westwood. Would be good to go there :D

Hydro

Established Member
I can't remember. A month maybe, two months tops? There are a lot of applicants to sift through.

bosky

Hi Hydro,

After reading through all your post and others about the Network Rail Apprenticeship, i think you have being very helpful giving alots of information out and truthful about how everything work.

At first i got worried about alot of theory studies because i have not been in any sort of class based study or lectures for over 15years though i am kind of good in practical world. But i am still worried how best i could cope if successful.

Ok, i have been invited to watford for the assessment, what will be the best tips for me to become succesful to the next stage please? Many thanks in advance.

Paul Bond

Congrats bosky on getting to the assessment day. I had an email saying that im through to the assessment day but haven't received a time or date yet. When is the Watford day set for?
AJ are u from wigan?

bosky

Hi Paul Bond,

Thanks and congrat to you too, i guess you will receive your date and time pretty soon. Mine is 18th and time is 8:30 - 4:00. Am from London.

ajwiggan

I'm from the west midlands I think my assessment day is on the 18 th of march
What about you Paul?

Paul Bond

I'm from liverpool. Have you had an email telling you its the 18th? Does anyone know where they organise the north west assessment day?

hedpe

Well i submitted my application a few days ago, completed the questionnaire they sent this morning and i am set to go to an assessment day! No date given as of yet. I was hoping to also apply for the TFL apprenticeship scheme but its for 16-18 year olds only! Pure bs! for anyone interested go here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/jobs/17128.aspx

Southern are also doing an apprenticeship scheme - they want engineers to maintain their fleet in selhurst. Anyone interested go here: https://www.southern.candidata.co.uk/view.aspx?JobID=1913

hedpe

Anyone else got an assessment in Watford on the 1st April? Give me a heads up! I originally thought it would be close to watford station so i could breeze up there on the London Midland. According to the email it's closer to croxley station on the Met line. Im travelling from the opposite side of London (South East). Looking forward to that 6am wake up (honest!)

brel york

wabtec rail still takes apprentices on in electrical enginneering and mech enginneering not many though ,4 last year waiting to hear how many this year,if anybody interested just let me no.

Crossforth

Established Member
wabtec rail still takes apprentices on in electrical enginneering and mech enginneering not many though ,4 last year waiting to hear how many this year,if anybody interested just let me no.

I'd be interested, I'm shutting any doors what so ever.

My assessment date is the 10th March in York so if anybody else is about...

nr_signaller

Theres been lots of applicants for the apprenticeship scheme so good luck to all those going for it

Paul Bond

Has anybody from the northwest received a time and date for their assessment day? I havn't heared anything from network rail since my email 4 weeks ago saying im through to assessment day.

t o m

Hello everyone, I've got my assessment on 18th March at Westwood too.

Paul Bond

For anyone who has applied for the Liverpool area. Just got off the phone from network rail, I asked about the assessment day for Liverpool and I was told to expect an email within the next 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.