• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Apprenticeships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

t o m

Near Durham? :? Long way to westwood. Or is there another Satley?

t o m

Ahh right, makes more sense. Are you travelling down on the day?

TomGoldthorpe

I have an assessment day on the 10th march at York, anybody else got one on this day be good to know someone before I get down there.

t o m

Yeah by car

I'm going by train but the earliest train from where I live doesn't get to Tile Hill, nearest station to Westood, until 0917 and we need to be there for 0830! So I'm staying in a B&B which is literally just down the road, which is good really, as I won't have to get up too early, and I'll feel a bit fresher for the day.

I was wondering how many applicants have got through to the Assessment Days. I don't know what the attendance is likely to be, but I saw that there has been 8000 applicants, so even if they did say 20 assessment days, which I presume is unlikely, there would be 400 at each day! Does anyone know how many assessment days there are?

beenster

My assessment day is on the 4th of March, so many people have applied for this it seems a mountain to climb.

t o m

My assessment day is on the 4th of March, so many people have applied for this it seems a mountain to climb.

I know, it seems like that for every job at the moment though. Your assessment day is quite early so you should be able to give the rest of us some up to date advice after ;)

Anyone have a rough idea of what they want to do? For me im stuck deciding between signalling and telecoms.

I'm also thinking signalling, maybe track...

miikey

Track is hard work. You do a lot more work that any other class. You also get assessed on more subjects. If you enjoy mechanical work, understanding how things work then Track is good. If you are more into classroom based subjects such as electronics then the others are good. Im a Track apprentice. Track is definatly the best :P

Hydro

Established Member
Track is hard work. You do a lot more work that any other class. You also get assessed on more subjects. If you enjoy mechanical work, understanding how things work then Track is good. If you are more into classroom based subjects such as electronics then the others are good. Im a Track apprentice. Track is definatly the best :P

You also get the most 2nd year Work Based Learning Objectives (essays). Not to mention physically the hardest when you get to your depot.

Track will make you into a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus...just like me.

(apologies to Predator)

TomGoldthorpe

Ha, I've applied for Wakefield depot and I think I'll be going for track there and hopefully I'll be successfull!

erolosman

Hey mikey guess I'll be seeing you on the 18th at watford!!.

im really nervous bout the assessment day i really really want this career :). just afraid about these tests. how many people usually get through to the assessment day and then out of those people how many get a job interview?

From the figures im being told, I've come to realise its going to be unlikely that they choose me out of thousands :( but hey like said earlier you dont get anywere if you dont try and if you fail, atleast you got the experience ey ;). good luck too all who gets too this stage! im nervousssssssss :P

t o m

From the figures im being told, I've come to realise its going to be unlikely that they choose me out of thousands

Someone needs to be chosen. Think of it this way, it might make it seem a little less daunting. There are 8000 applicants for the scheme overall. You have applied to work at a certain depot. Depot A may have 25 applicants where as Depot B might have 100 applicants. Just hope yours is more like Depot A. I don't know how many applications they take for a depot before they close it to new applicants. I'm sure some will have more applicants than others.

erolosman

Thats very true T O M, thats put my mind at ease a little, im signing up for the Electrification side of the apprenticeship scheme, always loved anything electrical related i get a "spark" out of it (pardon the punt :P )

t o m

What a 'shocking' pun!

5 weeks today until my assessment, can't come quick enough.

Dujon

Hey i got the email im going watford on the 18th i am soo nervous about the test i just wanna is it as hard as the practice question they gave us on shldirect?

ljacobs22

hi iv got an assment day for network rail on fri the 18th
i was wondering wot the machanical comprehension test includes and is there any where i could revise for it ??
cheers luke

hedpe

hi iv got an assment day for network rail on fri the 18th
i was wondering wot the machanical comprehension test includes and is there any where i could revise for it ??
cheers luke

Which gate is stronger? A, B or C?

Attachments

• mech-test.JPG
    mech-test.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 44

erolosman

any of you guys got a good site for the numercial reasoning test? ive been using the kent university one and shldirect one's, but i need more as I've done and learnt from them need more, im worried about this test the most the others im sure i can do well on thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.