• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Apprenticeships

Status
Not open for further replies.

quak_C

has anybody had their interview yet? ive got mine on tuesday??

how did the interview go?
what they ask and stuff
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have my interview tomorrow in Motherwell at 4pm.

For E & P position at Cowlairs.

Wish everyone luck who are attending the interviews :)

ive got mine at 3 i will probs see you when im coming out of mine

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

waughtermelon

I have mine at 2pm at the Cowlairs depot for Track.

How you feeling for the interview?

Feel okay yeah. Suppose it's just a case of waiting till the time and see how it goes. There's two interviewers, so in a way makes it slightly more daunting, but should be fine.
ive got mine at 3 i will probs see you when im coming out of mine

Yeah most likely. Wonder how long the actual interview will last for?

Dan_225

Had my interview today at Cowlairs, lasted about 1hr 15 mins, went really well. Good luck to everyone with your interviews :D

t o m

Had my interview today at Cowlairs, lasted about 1hr 15 mins, went really well. Good luck to everyone with your interviews :D

I know it's going to vary as different people are doing the interviews but did they just ask the sort of stuff that's in the email and how formal was it?

Dan_225

I know it's going to vary as different people are doing the interviews but did they just ask the sort of stuff that's in the email and how formal was it?

Yeah asked more or less what was in the email, make sure you have examples for what they've asked in the email, they asked me other little questions like 'what was the outcome?' 'how did you deal with this?' etc. I didn't feel it was that formal, but as you said, it will depend on the guys conducting the interview.

I was really nervous, but the guys were great, there were bits of humour and after a bit I felt fine. We sidetracked from the questions a lot and spoke about spoke about different things, they'll ask you about your work history and experiences, plus hobbies etc.

Just remember to be positive and you'll be fine! Good luck :D

Kelsey

i never got asked anythin that was in the email... The best thing to do is google network rail interview or common interview questions... You can see what people from 2009 got asked in their interview and also questions they could ask... I only had 1 person interview me and it went well. You dont want it to sound rehearsed aslong as youve got a guideline youll be ok... I was so nervous but there is really no need to be. I Make sure u have questions to ask them!!! Youll all be fine good luck again tho... Yeah and make sure u have examples... I gave examples to nearly all my questions. And also got asked about the outcome of 1 or 2!!

Crossforth

Established Member
Yeah asked more or less what was in the email, make sure you have examples for what they've asked in the email, they asked me other little questions like 'what was the outcome?' 'how did you deal with this?' etc. I didn't feel it was that formal, but as you said, it will depend on the guys conducting the interview.

I was really nervous, but the guys were great, there were bits of humour and after a bit I felt fine. We sidetracked from the questions a lot and spoke about spoke about different things, they'll ask you about your work history and experiences, plus hobbies etc.

Just remember to be positive and you'll be fine! Good luck :D

Well this is awkward but... what e-mail? :oops:

I have been told I will be getting an interview but there is no e-mail saying what to prepare or is that in the same e-mail that gives you the date?

Dan_225

Well this is awkward but... what e-mail? :oops:

I have been told I will be getting an interview but there is no e-mail saying what to prepare or is that in the same e-mail that gives you the date?

If you go back to page 20 you'll see the email that I recieved. It gives a guideline to what they'll be asking.
i never got asked anythin that was in the email... The best thing to do is google network rail interview or common interview questions... You can see what people from 2009 got asked in their interview and also questions they could ask... I only had 1 person interview me and it went well. You dont want it to sound rehearsed aslong as youve got a guideline youll be ok... I was so nervous but there is really no need to be. I Make sure u have questions to ask them!!! Youll all be fine good luck again tho... Yeah and make sure u have examples... I gave examples to nearly all my questions. And also got asked about the outcome of 1 or 2!!

Forgot to say ask questions its really important too. Well done on getting the job! What have you chosen to do?

Dan_225

I have chosen Track, 2 positions available at the Glasgow MDU, just hoping I'm 1 of the lucky 2 haha.

Kelsey

its ok :)

And thank u!... He only had to interview 1 more person. And straight after my interview he said he wants to employ me. He had to talk to HR and then he called me... There just doin background checks on me but if they com back clear (which they will) then he said ive definitley got the job

Crossforth

Established Member
I've got my interview date as the 8th of June although it says discipline: track.

When we were at the assessment day, we put our three priorities, track was not even in that list. Have they made a mistake, do I need to contact them or has everybody got track set?

iky

hey
im still waiting for my final interview it feels nasty waiting but i guess all the more time to prepare.i was wondering if any1 could help me and give me some more tips, iv had good advice by a few people who have overcome there dredding encounter with the interviewers but more info would be useful

thankyou

Kelsey

Hospital over the road, ain't u from Birmingham though?

Yeah i am from b'ham but fancied a change :) and also have family in London so thought why not :)
hey
im still waiting for my final interview it feels nasty waiting but i guess all the more time to prepare.i was wondering if any1 could help me and give me some more tips, iv had good advice by a few people who have overcome there dredding encounter with the interviewers but more info would be useful

thankyou

WAHOO IKY!! lol u didnt take long to get on here :)
Just look through it and see what people have put... sure youll be fine :P

Hydro

Established Member
just found out there takin me on... Buzzin!! Good luck to everyone x

Congratulations! Enjoy Collingwood, and all the delights Fareham has to offer.

Euston's a good place to work. I've had a few lodging turns down there. Will you be at the depot round by the panel? 15 minute walk from there and you're in Camden, great night out.

erolosman

kelsey i applied for euston aswell for E & P but i aint had my interview yet :( They probably filled all the spots at euston im guessing and giving me my second choice placement. anywho, well done! im absolutely dropping bricks and i aint even been told my date, i just want it over and done with so i know whether i have a job or dont have a job

Kelsey

Congratulations! Enjoy Collingwood, and all the delights Fareham has to offer.

Euston's a good place to work. I've had a few lodging turns down there. Will you be at the depot round by the panel? 15 minute walk from there and you're in Camden, great night out.

They paid for my hotel whilst i stayed over opposite Euston and i went for a walk around camden... considering it was a monday night there was loads of people ready to go out... The depot round by the panel?? i had to walk down the side of 2 buildings.. is that what you mean?
kelsey i applied for euston aswell for E & P but i aint had my interview yet :( They probably filled all the spots at euston im guessing and giving me my second choice placement. anywho, well done! im absolutely dropping bricks and i aint even been told my date, i just want it over and done with so i know whether i have a job or dont have a job

When i got interviewed he said he only had to interview 1 more person cuz sumbody else dropped out... I was so scared aswell but when you get goin the nerves will go. Good luck to you all...

quak_C

How did your interview go?

it went quite well i think they still had some interviews to do and said i should know by next week hopefully i could see the list of people getting interviewed on there desk and they only seemed to be interviewing 8 or 9 people for 4 places so fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.