• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail messed up at Euston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sadly there are afew who think NR do things to deliberatly & that the railway should be run to suite them and not the travelling public. The video proves one thing, that kettle photographers dont read timetables, same with the idiot who nearly got hit by the 170 in Anglia.

tbtc

Veteran Member
We had a similar thing happen at Sheffield a few months ago.

We were waiting on the Grand Old Duke Of York on platform five, then we heard the platform had been switched, so all ten thousand of us marched up the hill to the new platform, only to hear the Signalman had switched it back to the original platform, and all ten thousand of us had to march back down again, so I can empathise...

Matt Taylor

Established Member

We were waiting on the Grand Old Duke Of York on platform five, then we heard the platform had been switched, so all ten thousand of us marched up the hill to the new platform, only to hear the Signalman had switched it back to the original platform, and all ten thousand of us had to march back down again, so I can empathise...

And I guess when you were halfway you neither up nor down.

YorkshireBear

Established Member

I never go see railtours at sheffield, just never goes right i usually just go to meadowhall/swinton/chapeltown/dore and totely depending on its route.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Simon,

Forgive me for being cynical but I can't help but wonder whether this thread was ghost written by your brother.

Network Rail are not here to serve the rail enthusiast, they exist to ensure that passengers (many of whom have no interest in railways) travel safely on the network and fingers crossed reach their destination on time. Rail enthusiasts are at the bottom of the pecking order and rightly so.

To suggest that a signalman would go out of their way to annoy fans of 34067 Tangmere makes one wonder how strong your grip on reality really is. At a busy location like Euston I'm sure they have much more important matters on their mind.

And besides, if you were that big a fan of Tangmere surely you would have booked yourself a ticket on the train? I know I would have.

Richmond Commuter

Minilad

Established Member
Simon,

Forgive me for being cynical but I can't help but wonder whether this thread was ghost written by your brother.

I must admit this was my first thought.
I do sometimes wonder why certain enthusiasts believe the Railway runs to serve them, and should be run on their terms.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think this thread has run its course

Status
Not open for further replies.