New LM "Euston Lines" timetable

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by aal7, 13 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aal7

aal7 Member

2. gordonthemoron

gordonthemoron Established Member

it's been like that since they first made the timetables available on their website, I was wondering how to complain

3. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

The Northampton route card is there and looks like only minor tweaks (e.g. 0715 off BLY becomes 0714, for some reason this seems to vary in the range 0712-0715 with successive timetables).

4. HLE 13

HLE 13 Established Member

Been reported to London Midland via their Twitter team so it's been dealt with.

5. Bletchleyite

Hopefully. I reported it weeks ago and nothing was done. LM Twitter isn't what it was, sadly.

6. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
    The 07:24 from Euston now offers a connection with the 07:31 from Bedford allowing a passenger from the Marston Vale line to reach MK at 0830 which is much better for workers (aka me!) than now

Good campaigning from passengers made that happen ;)

7. Bletchleyite

An extremely sensible move there, though I admit if I lived in Fenny (I did look at the Aqua development when I bought my house) I'd just cycle to BLY instead, it isn't far. Or indeed all the way to CMK :)

8. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Hang on - one doesn't walk all the way to Blethcley when one has a semi private station on hand! I know aqua very well ;)

it has taken several years to get the timetable changed

9. Bletchleyite

Do you recall that Z&S used precisely that spelling of Bletchley on their destination displays once upon a time. Proper paper ones too. I bet fixing that cost them. :)

I do see your point though, Fenny Stratford must seem like your private station :)

I'll wave when I next pass :) Not so often these days, I have a mate who lived in Tavistock St but he's now moved to Cambridge.

Well done for your persistence - it definitely makes sense if LM have abandoned the idea of through running to MKC.

10. aal7

aal7 Member

OK, thanks. Any other changes?

11. causton

causton Established Member

Not really anything major on the Euston lines. Two of the xx49 services in the morning from Euston (8am and 9am?) stop at Bletchley as well, apparently to provide connections to the Marston Vale, but do not actually connect with or from it as far as I saw!

12. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Both of the xx49 trains from Euston now provide a Milton Keynes connection form the Marston Vale. The xx24 allows passengers from the 08:34/09:34 from Bedford to get to MK without wating for nearly 30 minutes for the xx43.

All the other Marston vale line trains had decent MK connections except these two

13. MK Tom

MK Tom Established Member

Is the 20:46 Euston to Crewe via Birmingham a new thing? I caught it on Wednesday and had never previously been aware of Milton Keynes having a direct train to Tipton, Coseley and Penkridge...

14. causton

Nope, there is also one southbound, forget the exact time but it is 0959 at Watford Junction, the first off peak fast train so you can imagine it gets full being the first off peak train from every station Crewe - Birmingham - Northampton - Tring etc!

15. rg177

rg177 Established Member

The 0649 off Crewe, into Euston 1018. Wouldn't fancy doing it all the way through! http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P73021/2015/05/18/advanced

16. causton

17. Bletchleyite

In the end LMs fares are cheap, particularly walk ups, and its better than a coach.

18. matt

matt Moderator Staff Member Moderator

19. aal7

aal7 Member

Interesting that it isn't shown in the Crewe-Euston timetable. It IS shown in the Liverpool - Birmingham timetable, but with no indication that it continues to London.
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    It's also shown in the Birmingham - London timetable, but with no indication that it came from Crewe!

20. berneyarms

berneyarms Established Member

The link to the Euston Lines timetable is now fixed and the correct pdf opens.

21. plastictaffy

plastictaffy Established Member

Nope, it went in about May last year. On the Diagram, the Smethwick stops are shown as Smethwick RS and Smethwick GB. Bletchley Guards (who had the job - possibly BY776) used to announce it as that at the start because they didn't know what the abbreviations stood for, and of course we weren't briefed on it beforehand!!! I wasn't aware of the return working, though.
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    That train utilises about 5 Guards, too. One to NMP, another to COV, another to BHM, another to Wolves, and then a Crewe Guard to take it home.

22. MK Tom

MK Tom Established Member

I noticed this for the northbound one, especially as it actually provides a later LM Euston-Crewe service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.