• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New sims on the horizon (simsig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

LOL

In the bit under the name of the sim it says

"Discussions about the forthcoming xxx simulation. It will be released this month once a few bugs from the Derby meet have been fixed."

xxx been sheffield or trent

Where did you get april from anyway?

Sheffield!

Excellent excellent excellent!!!!!

(over excitement, nice to see a simsig of somewhere remotely near me!)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Great news! (Although I still think Doncaster would be a sensible edition since it would link up with other ECML sims)

Jordy

Established Member
Excellent :D, there is a screenshot of Sheffield over on the simsig forums ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is also a Trent screenshot now

Jordy

Established Member
The errors have now been identified and fixed, I think a patch or something could be expected today all being well!

Mintona

Established Member
Blimey, I don't know the area so Sheffield is a massive challenge for me, the ECS movements from Sheffield HS are completely throwing me, as you can't see the trains till you've signalled them!

Blimey, I don't know the area so Sheffield is a massive challenge for me, the ECS movements from Sheffield HS are completely throwing me, as you can't see the trains till you've signalled them!

I find if you note down the headcode the depot supervisor or whatever he's called into the scratchpad, then signal whatever train it is into platform 1. Then you've got him in your area and can work with him from there.

It's also an idea to memorise the shunt signal the depot guy gives you too, so you know where he wants to shunt.

me123

Established Member
Loving Sheffield. Really like the wee doodle pad thing at the side of the station itself.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sheffield is rather difficult. Lines going all over the place :shock:

me123

Established Member
Sheffield is rather difficult. Lines going all over the place :shock:

I can't even find some of the signals, but I think that might be a glitch. Given that it's a beta, fair enough.

It looks like it could be really good, but they should get rid of the glitches.

Bonemaster

Go into options and select show shunt signals, might help you out, unless you mean for s88 reverse, cos i have the same problem

Run the train into the shunt spur parallel to platform 1. The train will stop by S88 which is just to the right of the A on the left hand side of the screen.

For me its timing the level crossings that is doing my head in, too early and you get a penalty too late and everything turns into being late

me123

Established Member
Go into options and select show shunt signals, might help you out, unless you mean for s88 reverse, cos i have the same problem

Found them; I always have shunters on anyway.

The single track line on Vw6 was my problem; just kept missing the signals but I've got them now!
A work around for the saving bug has been found, see simsig forums :)

Are we still waiting for the update/patch/whatever to be released?

devon_metro

Established Member
Found them; I always have shunters on anyway.

The single track line on Vw6 was my problem; just kept missing the signals but I've got them now!

Are we still waiting for the update/patch/whatever to be released?

Yes and previous saved games will NOT load in the updated version, when it comes out...

I'm sat here waiting 8)

me123

Established Member
Yes and previous saved games will NOT load in the updated version, when it comes out...

I'm sat here waiting 8)

Thx. Don't really care about them loading TBH: I only got 10 minutes into my saved game. But it is really good! Played about an hour without saving and particularly like the depot people calling up to let you know a train's about o come in.

devon_metro

Established Member
Thx. Don't really care about them loading TBH: I only got 10 minutes into my saved game. But it is really good! Played about an hour without saving and particularly like the depot people calling up to let you know a train's about o come in.

I've actually stopped my save game early in the morning mainly because the work around is very irritating in the fact that there is lag and i can't pause/answer the phone without toggling out of full screen.

Hopefully it wont be long...

Status
Not open for further replies.