• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New South Western franchise: Awarded to First/MTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

brick60000

Ah. I was looking at the date just past midnight, hence thinking tomorrow was today!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
Apparently the first round of timetable leaflets managed to spell Salisbury incorrectly. Presumably they'll all be binned. UK rail franchising, maximising wastage from day one...

Goldfish62

Established Member
Yes, I can see that. I want to say I'm not impressed but the reality is that I've lived with SWT for the entirety of their existence and that is what I'm used to. So any feelings on the change are biased towards the negative.

From a punter's point of view (in red train land) , however, I would ask why on earth are 'they' bothering to try and fix something that wasn't broken. (I have been here long enough to understand more than the average traveller, I hope, so I'm not really after an answer to that!)

I'm keeping my signature for now.

You could just as easily say why was NSE livery abolished by SWT. SWT livery has now been around for twice as long so it's had a good innings.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Are there very many SWTs staff who were with the company back when Stagecoach first took over?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Apparently the first round of timetable leaflets managed to spell Salisbury incorrectly. Presumably they'll all be binned. UK rail franchising, maximising wastage from day one...

Didn't stop Southern having maps proudly showing "Southamton Central" up on trains for at least a few months. Proof reading seems to be dead...

Established Member
Is the new franchise going to be more run by MTR than First? Just comparing the new logo quickly with the logos of the First Group and of MTR, it seems to be more similar to the MTR logo than the First Group logo

I doubt that analysis of the new SWR company logo will confirm which of the partners takes the leading role..

In practice, they'll be working to make use of each other's skills, knowledge and experience. It's in the interests of both of them to make a success of the franchise.

As First holds 70% and MTR 30% of the company, it's obvious whose view would prevail if there is a disagreement. But I would expect that normally they will leave it to the management of SWR to get on with the job.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The square logo is something of a mistake currently in social media branding. Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger all use round icons; either the mark will have to be shrunk to fit within the circle or the corners will be clipped off. This stuff matters in branding- Twitter switching from squares to circles was a huge headache for many brands

JaJaWa

Established Member
There will a Desiro branded from September 4 I believe

Attachments

• B6C7F81B-83BC-4CC6-9C95-383347154898.jpeg
    B6C7F81B-83BC-4CC6-9C95-383347154898.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 381

GW43125

Established Member
Had my last ride today, was a good way to end though. I jumped on a Windsor train at Clapham that was running 20 minutes late so we ran fast to Feltham in 14 minutes!

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Just done my last SWT service - 444010! Full of drunks and police, but it could have been worse (a 450)

Speaking of which one was coupled to the back of my 444.

387star

On Moderation
What the hell is that looks awful a zebra?

All new liveries use grey white bases now it seems

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.