• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New tube stock delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezah1984

Hi folks.

About 12 today, running down the line near my house (Leicester to Burton upon Trent Line) was either a 37 or some 20's with some new tube stock. I could not see clearly due to trees. I have a couple of questions.

1) Where would they have come from as if they have come from old dalby they would use the MML all the way.

2) Where were they going? One would assume London but you never know.

3) Any more info on what the traction was?

4) Anyone get any photos? :D

5) Anybody know when the next one is due?

Thanks

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

That was more than likely a pair of 20's with a new 'S' stock for the sub surface lines on London Underground.

sprinterguy

Established Member
That will have been a train of new S-stock travelling from Old Dalby to Neasden. The train runs as 8X09 from Old Dalby-Melton Mowbray-Leicester-Coalville-Tamworth and then onto the Chiltern main line from Solihull-Banbury-Amersham-Neasden. Traction will have been a pair of GB Class 20/3s (Former DRS locos).

There is a separate 8X23 run from Derby works to Old Dalby.

More info here:
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34609

BestWestern

Established Member
There was an article in Rail about these moves a few weeks back, it mentioned there are some 20s which have been contracted specifically for this run on a rolling weekly diagram. Not sure of the magazine issue number though :|

RobShipway

Established Member
I presume the S stock trains are being built by Bombardier at Derby, then shipped to Old Dalby for testing prior to delivery?

Voyager 2093

I'm not sure they have to be 'shipped' to Old Dalby as it is still in England.

The delivery path is Old Dalby-Melton Mowbray-Leicester-Coalville-Tamworth and then onto the Chiltern main line from Solihull- Princess Risborough then it reverses onto the Prince's. Then onto Aylesbury -Amersham-Neasden.

Geezah1984

Great stuff,

Will they always use the Leicester to Burton upon Trent Line or was today a one off? Also, anyone know when the next move to Old Dalby is?

Thanks alot for the info so far. I love this forum.. lol.

Andy

Last edited:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That will have been a train of new S-stock travelling from Old Dalby to Neasden. The train runs as 8X09 from Old Dalby-Melton Mowbray-Leicester-Coalville-Tamworth and then onto the Chiltern main line from Solihull-Banbury-Amersham-Neasden. Traction will have been a pair of GB Class 20/3s (Former DRS locos).

There is a separate 8X23 run from Derby works to Old Dalby.

More info here:
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34609

Today it was 8X23 from Derby to Old Dalby.

miked

on sunday there was 4 class 20's at litchurch lane works in derby, and theres been london underground stock there aswell, will probably have been them

Status
Not open for further replies.