• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Year Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Not me. I've never seen the point in New Year resolutions. They invariably fail. If I was going to make a lifestyle change I'd do so at a time that suits me and not on the day I happen to hang up a new calendar.

However, if anyone is using this time to make a change, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour.

trainophile

Established Member
Become Prime Minister and cancel plans to withdraw pacers

Heathen! :lol:

I am resolving to keep away from places like Game and CEX, as I can't stop buying phones :oops: . I currently have five, four of which are on contracts and one on PAYG. I don't need them, and I don't get the use out of them (except it's nice not to have to worry about battery level on long trips), but I'm a mug for anything marked A Grade Unlocked :lol: .

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I shall try to do the following this year;

I have been told that I must eat more fruit and veg, I am ok with the latter, but the only fruits I really like are raspberries and if forced, bananas.

I have also been told again to improve my handwriting.

Good luck to other New Year resolutioners. :)

Kernowfem

Become Prime Minister and cancel plans to withdraw pacers

please God, no! My spine and backside cries out at the thought. It would be nice to arrive in Lincoln for once without numb extremities.

I don't make resolutions, saves me feeling bad when I catastrophically fail at them. Happy new year :)

Antman

Established Member
I don't do them and never have done nor do I partake in any other rituals associated with new year

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I should really lose at least 3 stone, cut down on the Takeaways and spend less but itl never happen so instead I'll spend a minute or 2 replying to the above before going and ordering the next size trousers and a chinese in that order!
Cancel plans to withdraw pacers
Good man!
I resolve not to make any resolutions.:roll:
Again, good man
Continue smoking despite all the castigation this results in :oops:
Thought you might.

Established Member
My resolutions are to start enjoying life more and to find myself a new job by the start of Spring.

455driver

Veteran Member
Mine is to be nicer to people no matter how selfish/ ignorant/ arrogant/stupid they are being!

Actually forget that, it would never work! :lol:

telstarbox

Established Member
Perhaps we could have a few collective ones:

- Google site search (site:railforums.co.uk) before you start a thread which has been done to death
- Straight red for anyone who writes "Worst Group", "DaFT", "Nitwit Rail" and so on
- Not to derail threads from first-time posters into arcane discussion before answering the question

I can but dream :)

Established Member
My resolutions are to start enjoying life more and to find myself a new job by the start of Spring.

Well, considering I managed to get myself a new job today (complete career change this time) I'll have to think of another New Year Resolution to give myself something else to work towards for the rest of the year. I am enjoying life more (so far, anyway!) too.

fowler9

Established Member
Well, considering I managed to get myself a new job today (complete career change this time) I'll have to think of another New Year Resolution to give myself something else to work towards for the rest of the year. I am enjoying life more (so far, anyway!) too.

I don't suppose where you are has any jobs going does it? Not so much a resolution as a life goal but I want a job where I don't take abuse for other peoples cock ups. :D

Established Member
I don't suppose where you are has any jobs going does it? Not so much a resolution as a life goal but I want a job where I don't take abuse for other peoples cock ups. :D

I don't know if there are any I'm afraid mate.

I know that feeling all too well unfortunately, after a few months of it in one of my previous jobs I gave up and left after finding a different job which I found was much, much more enjoyable and rewarding.

Last edited:

Fahad

I will quit smoking!

Well that was my resolution in 2013 and 2014 as well! :P

Clip

Established Member
I was going to be less sarcastic but that lasted till NYD when at work.

Crossover

Established Member
I don't tend to do New Year Resolutions as a general rule. However, one thing I am going to attempt to do this year is to try and let things bother me less and try and take things with a more positive attitude, which at times last year, became nigh on impossible. So far, it seems to be going OK

I could also do to try and get into slightly better shape, but we will see how that one pans out again :P

Status
Not open for further replies.