• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NFL is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejames

Established Member
Oh i almost forgot. Just to really tip the balance. NFL players wear skin tight leggins and tops!!! You cant deny it now XCD! That songs getting louder!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

newbie babs

I have just had a look at the New York Jets web site, they arn`t the nicest looking players are they and you can`t see if they have muscles as they wear too much.

You like the Cheerleaders I bet though

junglejames

Established Member
Good article here regarding US rugby on the up, especially with the World Cup starting tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14725789

Interesting thing is the comparisons. A rugby player covers 4.35 miles per game yet an NFL player only 0.19 miles. What do they do? Knit?

They cant run properly, so what they do is stand by their funny posts looking pretty, catch a long pass, and bang, they have scored! No running involved! Afterall, it may mess up their make up!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You like the Cheerleaders I bet though

Dont be too sure!!
I think its the players that float his boat!:lol:
Babs, watch them when the players do eventually run. They wear skin tight leggins so they can really show off their err, legs!!!

Last edited:

Minilad

Established Member
All I can suggest is you rugger buggers stick with your game and I will stick with mine.
But maybe one day we could meet in the middle and have a sensible discussion about the merits of either sport

junglejames

Established Member
All I can suggest is you rugger buggers stick with your game and I will stick with mine.
But maybe one day we could meet in the middle and have a sensible discussion about the merits of either sport

But that wouldnt be as much fun. Much prefer winding you up about watching feminine men wearing skin tight leggins and wearing make up!!! hehe
Then again i shouldnt be surprised. There is something feminite about a voyager as well!!! :lol:

junglejames

Established Member
I have to admire him for coming on here at 13 and sticking up for his views like that. However misguided they are. I do wonder though if his parents are responsible for his unquestioning faith. They must have pushed him into the church like that

Whether they did or not. He had some guts. Was what he said misguided though? OK so the picture wasnt immoral, but there is a lot of logic behind why he said it. He believed it cheapened sex. Trying to look on it from a religious point of view, I can see that. I dont agree with it, but he stuck to his guns, and his reasons had some logic. He also admitted the whole world was now like it, so he wasnt as naive as some think.

junglejames

Established Member
Remember when you were 13 and the views you had

Well I know they were different to this young lads. But then again i have never been religious.
I can't remember that far back.

Anyhoo you two. Bugger off and leave my NFL thread alone you pair of wind up merchants

We only came here to keep you company, realising nobody wanted to talk NFL with you!!!

Minilad

Established Member
Well I know at 13 I wasn't worrying about how moral a picture of a young fittie in a short skirt was !!

I don't mind. I like standing out from the crowd and not following the masses !

b0b

Established Member
My Bears were great today, Cutler had a hot game all day and Urlacher had a great game. :D

chuffchuff

shirt_hogs.jpg

And how many rugby players have Olympic colds

Ferret

Established Member
American Football always strikes me as a game for statisticians rather than a game that's good to watch! I must confess that I don't actually understand it!!!

tonetastic

Mr XC Driver - Thank you for bringing up the subject!

Yes! september is here ! The start of the season . Was very surprised ( and pleased :D) to see Washington beat the giants on sunday . Did you see the game ? I thought the redskins defense was pretty good although perhaps a little weak in the secondary - not sure , too early to say. Their running game though? Not sure if they haven't quite got it yet , or if New Yorks defensive line was their strong point.

How long have you been a fan of the Jets? Ken o' Brien ? Al Toon? Wesley Walker ? Joe Klecko ? Not sure of how they're doing . Didn't they get to the championship game last year ?

It looks like it's going to be a great season.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I have to admit that Superbowl is a good show, it shows how much it is loved on the other side of the Pond. I can understand the basic rules of it, and find it infinitely more interesting than rugby, whenever something interesting happens in that the ref always calls them back for a scrum, God only knows what hands touch in them! :shock:

b0b

Established Member
American Football always strikes me as a game for statisticians rather than a game that's good to watch! I must confess that I don't actually understand it!!!

it takes a long time to understand all of the nuances and rules of the game and I still learn something every day, even though I've been watching for years.

at the risk of being a spoiler for last night's games, the Patriots look very good again this year.

SS4

Established Member
I tried to watch the superbowl once but FOUR hours coverage for a ONE hour game is despicable

Ferret

Established Member
I tried to watch the superbowl once but FOUR hours coverage for a ONE hour game is despicable

It seems half of the corporate bods thought the same this year - the game was still going on when the exodus of private jets started from Dallas Love Field. We were most confused!

b0b

Established Member

I think you forgot the pre-game, that can start at 9am for a game thats kicking off at 6pm :lol:

Minilad

Established Member
At last some sensible replies !!
Been a Jets fan since 2002. When I first got in American sport after a week in New York.
We have reached the AFC Championship game the last two seasons but I am not sure if we can match that this year. Very good defensively but there are still questions about Mark Sanchez at QB. Pats as usual will be hard to beat in the AFC East.
Glad the Skins dumped the Giants though !!

b0b

Established Member
Glad the Skins dumped the Giants though !!

That was pretty impressive - Grossman (aka sexy rexy) was a turnover machine in chicago but maybe he's better in shanahan's system.

Dreadnought

No it isn't. It really isn't. But hey lets keep peddling the stereotypes !!;)

Might be an idea to ask Martin Johnson his views on NFL compared to Rugby as he is a big fan and has even been out to a NFL training camp! Then you might find out which sport is the tougher!

Kernowfem

Never liked American football. I appreciate rugby but September brings around the season for my favourite sport.....Icehockey!!! I love the game! Go Steelers!

b0b

Established Member
Icehockey!!! I love the game! Go Steelers!

That's a great sport, and HD has done it a massive favour - its much easier to follow the puck. Also a sport that's way better to watch in person than on TV which is rare for a lot of sports I find (unless you get great seats of course)

Minilad

Established Member
When I started this thread I hummed and ahhhed about it. The reason ? Because I knew it wouldn't take long before people started with the usual comments. "Rugby is tougher" "They must all be pansies having to wear padding" Sure enough they came.
Now. Why is it you have to defend a sport on the grounds of how tough it is ? Can't you just enjoy the sport (whatever sport) just for the spectacle of the sports itself. To be honest American Football and Rugby are two different sports, with different skills required.
Its like saying a Ferrari is a better car than a Ford Fiesta. They both do different jobs but just as well.
So to anyone who says Rugby players are tougher I say "So what" ?
Never liked American football. I appreciate rugby but September brings around the season for my favourite sport.....Icehockey!!! I love the game! Go Steelers!

Love Ice Hockey too. Although not the Squealers !!
And if anyone ever doubts the passion of American Sports fans get yourself along to an NHL game. New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers, any of the Canadian teams. They will show you passion by the bucketload.
One of my most memorable sports watching moments was at Madison Square Garden watching the New York Rangers come back from 0-2 down to level at 2-2 then win 3-2 in overtime. The place nearly exploded

Status
Not open for further replies.