• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 195: Construction/Introduction Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Looks like someone was trying to create one of those 'drifting trains' that you see people doing on train simulator!

I always wondered what it would look like in real life!:D

Back to the point, how did this accident occur? o_O

Not sure but I think it was at Edge Hill back in January.

Efini92

Established Member
Looks like someone was trying to create one of those 'drifting trains' that you see people doing on train simulator!

I always wondered what it would look like in real life!:D

Back to the point, how did this accident occur? o_O
The points moved under the train. One half went on one road the other half went on another

skyhigh

Established Member
Does anyone have a list of the Welsh-assembled 195s? I've searched for one but not found anything

Roger B

It was delivered in January 2020, but was damaged during testing and has gone to Llanwern for repairs.
Many thanks 507021. Do you know whether or not it entered service before its sprang, and when's it's expected back from Llanwern, please?

Established Member
Many thanks 507021. Do you know whether or not it entered service before its sprang, and when's it's expected back from Llanwern, please?

No problem, Roger.

It is the only 195/0 which has not entered service, and I believe it's due back early next year.

palmersears

Established Member
Does anybody know the status of 195015 at he moment? It's the only one I've not seen out working since RTT began showing unit allocations, and it's one of the last two I need for sight (along with recently arrived 195133).

superkev

Established Member
Anyone give an update on the progress on the new 195 shed at Newton heath.
Seems to have been under construction for a couple of years.
K

Bob figgis

Does anybody know the status of 195015 at he moment? It's the only one I've not seen out working since RTT began showing unit allocations, and it's one of the last two I need for sight (along with recently arrived 195133).
195015 in service today, it is working Manchester Picc to Sheffield.

Greybeard33

Established Member
12.00 - spotted at Dore & Totley running 3 minutes late after being held to allow empty cement wagons from Dewsbury to pass through the single track section to Earles.

View attachment 86106
If all the Hope Valley stoppers could be operated by 195s, I imagine their high performance would greatly help recovery from such delays. On the return working, I see from RTT that 195015 was 3 minutes late at Earles but arrived at Piccadilly 3 early!

Bob figgis

Excellent spot, many thanks. Off to the end of the road to see it shortly then!
Happy yourself and Killingworth got it. It is one of my last ones, so I check everyday to see if it is out and about. I’m hoping it will out on the Lincoln’s soon and I will see it for myself.

_toommm_

Established Member
Happy yourself and Killingworth got it. It is one of my last ones, so I check everyday to see if it is out and about. I’m hoping it will out on the Lincoln’s soon and I will see it for myself.

I don't know if you're aware, but you can search by unit number on RealTimeTrains. In the top right search box, search for 195015 (or whatever unit/loco you require for the supported TOCs) and it will show you what the train is currently operating. I've just searched it and I can see it's currently operating this:

Bob figgis

Yes well aware of it Thankyou. It was by using this very function that I saw it in use today. Just waiting for TPE to join the party as I find the black numbers they have used on their new trains a b*gger to read

Bob figgis

Anybody know where 133 is at the moment ? There was no sign of it on Edge Hill last Saturday.
It was delivered to Edge Hill on the 11th of November. When you say “no sign of it” we’re you on shed ? Or were you viewing the yards from a public place? I would have thought it would be inside the shed being connected together and going through the first stage of static acceptance testing. I would be surprised if it was out on mileage accumulation so soon after delivery.

Chorley Cake

It was delivered to Edge Hill on the 11th of November. When you say “no sign of it” we’re you on shed ? Or were you viewing the yards from a public place? I would have thought it would be inside the shed being connected together and going through the first stage of static acceptance testing. I would be surprised if it was out on mileage accumulation so soon after delivery.
Ah, fair enough. I was passing on a train from South Parkway to Lime Street. I’ve seen other newly arrived units from the line before, but not this one.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
If all the Hope Valley stoppers could be operated by 195s, I imagine their high performance would greatly help recovery from such delays. On the return working, I see from RTT that 195015 was 3 minutes late at Earles but arrived at Piccadilly 3 early!

Be moot if there's less capacity though. I'd almost rather have 150s if it meant booked 4-car, much as they rattle and are sweaty in summer!

Killingworth

Established Member
They certainly seem to take off better but that's an impression partially created by the lack of noise we're familiar with on Pacers and 150s! Sadly the delays caused by other trains on the Sheffield - Manchester route needs more than the slightly improved performance of 195s to offset. All the Hope Valley stations were in the worst 100 in the country for punctuality over the last 4 weeks and that's with 2/3 of stopping services operated by 195s.

Status
Not open for further replies.