• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 331: Initial diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bovverboy

Established Member
Does anyone know if there are any 331s heading for Crewe today? Thanks in advance.

My own answer to your question is no, I do not, but with the Crewe - Picc and Wilmslow - Liverpool services effectively combined into one today you do at least have six possibilities, you'd only normally have three. Or you would have had, were the 1110 ex-Crewe not coming up on 'Journey Check' as being cancelled.

Bovverboy

Established Member
Just to add to the above, the 0815 Liverpool - Crewe and 1110 Crewe - Liverpool are both showing on 'Journey Check' as being cancelled due to a fault on the train, and RTT goes so far as to specify, for the 0815, a fault with the traction equipment. (On RTT, the 1110 ex-Crewe is currently showing as operational).

I don't find the above explanation particularly convincing, tbh, since there would have been plenty of time from 0815 to 1110 to get a healthy EMU (or even healthy DMU) from Allerton to Crewe, or, for that matter, a healthy unit from pretty well anywhere else to, say, Piccadilly/Oxford Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.