• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelki

Thank you, good luck to you too.

Has anyone further along in the process heard anything back, I’m at interview stage. I’m hoping they are playing catch up before inviting me in

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joshy

Eliminate all visual and audio distractions. You'll need more concentration than Robinsons squash. I found 2/3 of the tasks fine, but task 3 is where they merge. I'm not sure how I did on that:frown:
Yea, you're right. Task 3 was the most difficult. There should've been a practice screen for that one . Now I've got everything crossed!! Hope I pass this one.

Ace91

Thank you, good luck to you too.

Has anyone further along in the process heard anything back, I’m at interview stage. I’m hoping they are playing catch up before inviting me in

Hi Kelki, I am in the same boat as you. I’m yet to hear anything, hopefully soon!

ChappyT

Hey Guys,

I completed the VSE yesterday. Did anyone get a confirmation email confirming they completed it? :)

amansid

Hey Guys. I’ve read about the VSE. However, can anyone shed some light about stage 2? What exactly do we have to do?

Reece E

It will explain it and give you some examples to try before you do it.

But initially, you got check for symbols on both sides. Whether they match or not. And confirm whether it does it not.

HLK97

Best advice is read the instructions thoroughly. Be in a room with no distractions or interruptions. Do the practice examples just before the test. Focus! Good luck!

Jaytrains

Still checking emails to see if i hear back from them, im starting to think that they might not want to take on people that have already completed the assessments with another toc or maybe im wrong

Lenny_U

Still checking emails to see if i hear back from them, im starting to think that they might not want to take on people that have already completed the assessments with another toc or maybe im wrong
I still haven't heard nothing too, beginning to give up hope

baz962

Established Member
Definitely wrong. I'm a Willesden driver and I originally did my assessments with Gtr.

Tigerkenco

Nope standard level
I got enhanced last year and not heard anything yet either...I’ve got the impression that there is no set time frame for recruitment with any of these toc’s, patience is key and if you get an invite to another test or interview, prepare well and make the most of it.. but don’t put your life on hold while you’re waiting.. Which is 100% easier said than done!

Gs1

How do you know if you completed to enhanced or standard. I thought every toc has their own enhanced level.

Lenny_U

How do you know if you completed to enhanced or standard. I thought every toc has their own enhanced level.
We've been told at assessment centre, especially people that failed have been told they can still apply for other TOCs that accept standard level

baz962

Established Member
Oh ok that makes sense but gtr assessments are enhanced right? I done mine with gwr at standard level
Well then of course you could be right . But the blanket they don't accept assessment taken at other tocs is wrong , just that they don't or didn't take national. It's still the same as far as I know.

Tigerkenco

How do you know if you completed to enhanced or standard. I thought every toc has their own enhanced
We've been told at assessment centre, especially people that failed have been told they can still apply for other TOCs that accept standard level
I think Gs1 is correct though, my understanding is that different toc’s decide on their own level of enhancement.

luvash

I received the VSE email as well even though I have passed assessments to an enhanced level with another firm in January of last year. Planning on completing it tomorrow!

Chao888

I have just taken the VSE have to say stage 2 and stage 3 is quite intense fingers cross I have done enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.