• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington to Waterloo via Windsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzug2

Can be done for the price of a single journey underground ticket on at least the TPX and National Rail sites.

It has to be a glitch but is it recent or well known?

What's likely to happen to someone trying it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The ticket I presume you're referring to is the one showing on BRFares as:

SDS ANYTIME DAY S ◊ ANY PERMITTED £5.30
To: Zone U1* LONDN

(There is also a £4.30 ticket routed VIA UNDERGRD/DLR)

I don't think the Routeing Guide covers tickets like this, between London Termini, and my guess is that the ticket issued will not actually be valid via Windsor, as the shortest route is virtually 0 miles (Tube miles are not counted as rail miles)

dzug2

That must be it - but you do get an itinerary via Windsor (if you specify via Windsor obviously) to print out though so there must be some bad programming there.

If you don't specify the route it sends you via tube to Charing Cross then train to Waterloo East

34D

Established Member
The ticket I presume you're referring to is the one showing on BRFares as:

SDS ANYTIME DAY S ◊ ANY PERMITTED £5.30
To: Zone U1* LONDN

(There is also a £4.30 ticket routed VIA UNDERGRD/DLR)

I don't think the Routeing Guide covers tickets like this, between London Termini, and my guess is that the ticket issued will not actually be valid via Windsor, as the shortest route is virtually 0 miles (Tube miles are not counted as rail miles)

Does it print as U1 or as Paddington (and would this answer be different for a tvm or for online?

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I doubt it'll print as Paddington as this is the same ticket is available between any pair of stations in Zone 1

455driver

Veteran Member
I have just tried putting Paddington to Waterloo via Windsor in SWTs own website and it gives a 2 hour journey for a £5.30 fare (one day travelcard) and it will let me book it.

It has even texted the itinary to me, interesting.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
455driver, if you have actually booked this, I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the ticket you get issued.

I hope you booked seat reservations :)

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If the ticket is booked with that itinerary then it has to be honoured, although I wouldn't fancy being the one arguing at Waterloo gateline to be let onto the train.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
That's a shame as it would bolster your claim to any staff that your ticket is "valid"

Status
Not open for further replies.