Phone calls from 'LOROL'

Discussion in 'Disputes & Prosecutions' started by maniacmartin, 8 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maniacmartin

maniacmartin Established Member Senior Fares Advisor

Hi all,

It would appear that someone has given my home phone number when stopped by RPIs on the London Overground. I have received a number of messages on my answerphone prompting someone whose name I do not recognise to call "LOROL" on an 0844 number which I suspect belongs to IRCAS. This person has given my number out before in the past, to debt collectors but I have never received anything addressed to them in the post.

I do not wish to incur charges calling a ripoff 0844 number, especially since it might well just be an automated 'enter your card details' style system. This is especially true during office hours, when I would be at work myself and have to call from my mobile. If I ignore the calls, are they likely to stop calling soon?

I have a Sky 020 3-prefixed number, so it could plausibly belong to almost any address in London

Last edited: 8 May 2015
  2. najaB

najaB Veteran Member

It's up to the company to prove that the debt exists, rather than for you to prove that it doesn't. Personally I would ignore the calls.

You could also try a site such as SayNoTo0870 to see if they have a geographic alternative number.

3. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Is the debt legit? If not, ignore.

4. 34D

34D Established Member

Have you googled the phone number?

5. maniacmartin

maniacmartin Established Member Senior Fares Advisor

They seem to have stopped now anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.