• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Prestwick airport to Pitlochry

Status
Not open for further replies.

odol

Hi
Just try to find the cheapest tickets for this route and looks like price tickets is 28 pounds per person which is a bit expensive I think
Can anybody tell me is that any other way to buy the ticket cheaper?
my route is:
One way Prestwick Airport - Pitlochry via Glasgow Central (then walk) and Glasgow Queen Street.
Will traveling on saturday 19 march with 8.50 service from Prestwick.
Ticket for two persons.

I ask about it couse some time last year I've been traverling Pitlochry - Glasgow (return) and ticket cost me only 16 pounds per person.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
"All passengers traveling to/from [Prestwick] airport will receive 50% discount from/to anywhere in Scotland on the standard fare." See this page.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
It's about as far from central Glasgow as "London" Gatwick and Stansted are from London (and closer than Luton). Always been known, as far as I know, as Glasgow Prestwick since being used for passengers? Certainly isn't a Ryanair invention.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Glasgow prestwick is that like Shannon Barcelona?

You see madam, to keep costs low, we do sometimes have to land a little further away from the city centre.

Love the programme. :D

It's about as far from central Glasgow as "London" Gatwick and Stansted are from London (and closer than Luton). Always been known, as far as I know, as Glasgow Prestwick since being used for passengers? Certainly isn't a Ryanair invention.

A bit like the attempt to rename EMA as Nottingham East Midlands Airport a few years back, despite the airport itself actually located in Leicestershire and is closest to Derby out of the three cities.

rail-britain

Established Member
Glasgow Prestwick was during the 1960s and 1970s the International flights option for Glasgow, as Glasgow (Abbotsinch) was unable to cope with larger aircraft

Ironically, this was relaxed in the late 1980s and when BAA sold Prestwick the restrictions were removed on Glasgow being renamed "International"
However, even now it is scarey watching a B747-400 or DC-10 use up all the runway!

me123

Established Member

It's been Glasgow Prestwick for quite a while. As has been correctly noted, it used to be the main airport for transatlantic flights. It's actually fairly close to the city, and indeed because of the rail link it is arguably easier to get to than Abbotsinch!

Status
Not open for further replies.