• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problematic passengers

What annoys you most?

• Listening to loud music

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Eating smelly food / drink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • window etching / graffiti

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Being generally noisy

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Feet on seats

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Drinking alcohol irresponsibly

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Random verbal abuse to passengers / staff

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
I've had someone get on a 323 next to me and then ask if it was the train to London Euston.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
I love it when people make a massive issue out of a small issue, when you are sitting there comfy, like when two people got on and said 'right we're on the right train, now then where shall we sit love? Ooh there's two there look, oh wait, which way's the train going out, I don't like sitting backwards, oh and there's no table look' :lol:

me123

Established Member
Did I ever tell you about the American couple who sat on the train for about 20 minutes and, when the ticket inspector came round, they asked for "two singles to Stranraer, please!"? Sadly, they were on the Whifflet train and now had a rather long wait to get to Stranraer. Didn't really understand why we weren't going to Stranraer either (do they have "front train" and "rear train" operation in America?)

The reason I think they were rather stupid... how could they miss the announcements and the scrolling screens? :lol:

I've also seen another example of "snobbery". A 320 peak time. Two people in each "group" of 4-6 seats. And it's standing room only. In fact, not muh more room for people to get on the train. The looks I got when I actually pushed passed them and sat next to another human being... you'd think I was wearing a Bin Laden costume or something :? :roll:

Gizmogle

Established Member
Haha, oh, a good one.

Last year, there was me, Jim and a couple of others. Can't remember who. And we were waiting to get onto a locked 150. We edge closer and closer to the door, and some old woman is like "I HOPE YOU'RE NOT MAKING A BEELINE FOR THOSE TABLES!". Haha. So anyway, we go get the table, (there were two! Enough seats for everyone!) and she sits in one of our seats and puts her bags on the others deliberately so we can't sit there.

She was bloody nuts.

RJ

Established Member
I was on a 376 today and a man brought his huge dog with him. The thing wouldn't stop barking and yelping, and it wasn't a guide dog either. Pets and screaming babies should be banned from public transport. As for verbal abuse it can be humourous at times...

P156KWJ

Established Member
I was on a 185 going from Sheffield to Cleethorpes and a man and his dog were in the vestibule (near me) and didn't get off til Scunthorpe - even my ipod didn't block out the barking (making sure no-one heard my ipod of course!)

David

Established Member
Pets and screaming babies should be banned from public transport.

So how do you propose that parents with screaming babies get around then? Oh wait, they have to get a car and clog up the already congested roads even more .... :roll:

RJ, babies can't help being noisy at times. They could be hungry, need their nappy changing or perhaps even because they have been taking on the train for a first time, therefore it's a strange environment to them. Perhaps you'll find out one day if/when you ever have children of your own.

P156KWJ

Established Member
So how do you propose that parents with screaming babies get around then? Oh wait, they have to get a car and clog up the already congested roads even more .... :roll:

RJ, babies can't help being noisy at times. They could be hungry, need their nappy changing or perhaps even because they have been taking on the train for a first time, therefore it's a strange environment to them. Perhaps you'll find out one day if/when you ever have children of your own.

I'll second that

Gizmogle

Established Member
I understand that.

But I'm with RJ. Nothing more annoying than screaming children.

RJ

Established Member

Most babies cry which is tolerable for a reasonable amount of time, then you have the ear splitting screaming which sends shivers down your spine. In other countries I have visited or even London a few years back where public buses were all step entrance and people with babies were forced to hold them, I don't recall much ear piercing screaming happening.

There's also the parents who have screaming toddlers and make no attempt to control then. The other day a woman gets on with 3 toddlers, who came to the back and started wailing and screaming, trying to outdo each other, with the accompaning adult sitting back and doing sod all. I went upstairs, but the bus got held up after they started running around and one of them opened the emergency door, causing the driver to waste time sorting it out. And the adult had the cheek to have a go at the driver. People like that should not be allowed on public transport.

Beaker

Established Member
I understand that.

So every human must live a shelted life for X years before going into public ? Surely that just delays the 'screaming'. As if they live a sheltered life then get dumped outside thats worse ?

RJ

Established Member
No, its just called common sense.

Try commuting on a packed bus after a hard day at work with someone's baby screaming away then we'll see how rational you are about it. You do work don't you?

RJ

Established Member

Taxes (which I pay) subsidise free travel for all under 16s remember, why should I walk when they're causing problems? I just wish people would control their children instead of letting them annoy other people without doing anything about it.

devon_metro

Established Member
Taxes (which I pay) subsidise free travel for all under 16s remember, why should I walk when they're causing problems? I just wish people would control their children instead of letting them annoy other people without doing anything about it.

At least you get such benefits!

RJ

Established Member
They are paying for their fare, so they as much entitled to travel as you. Or more so.

Where did you get the more so bit from? AFAIK my travel entitles me to a seat subject to availability, whereas the conditions of free travel for under 5s state that they aren't to take up a seat if it is required by someone else.

laseandre

Established Member
[youtube]iuR7RcLBTSo[/youtube]

You just reminded me of this lady, Gizzy :lol:. Also, another excuse to see the good old 303s in action :D
You just reminded me of a woman I saw last Sunday. She was trying to open the door on a Juniper but kept pressing the dinger by the side of it, not the button in the middle.

class 313

Established Member
I understand that.

You agree with banning them?

Where does it stop? Banning anyone who makes any kind of sound.

:roll::roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Were you not an experiment that went terribly wrong?

Yes because petty taking the **** helps in a situation.

:roll:

Last edited:

Gizmogle

Established Member
You agree with banning them?

Where does it stop? Banning anyone who makes any kind of sound.

:roll::roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I just REALLY do not like children.

Actually, it's probably the parents that annoy me more. It's so often now that you see parents who let their kids do whatever they want and don't disipline them.

class 313

Established Member
I just REALLY do not like children.

Actually, it's probably the parents that annoy me more. It's so often now that you see parents who let their kids do whatever they want and don't disipline them.

So you still agree with actually banning them?

Lets ban you because you have long hair! Just as ridiculous.

Jordy

Established Member

You two have been warned several times, sort out your differences elsewhere otherwise one or both of you will be be banned from the forums permenently.

Status
Not open for further replies.