• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problematic passengers

What annoys you most?

• Listening to loud music

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Eating smelly food / drink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • window etching / graffiti

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Being generally noisy

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Feet on seats

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Drinking alcohol irresponsibly

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Random verbal abuse to passengers / staff

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

P156KWJ

Established Member
I will say, I think it's more often the parents' fault for not letting kids know that behaving in such a way is wrong and it shouldn't happen. Although I am not with the idea of simply banning small children.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
You two have been warned several times, sort out your differences elsewhere otherwise one or both of you will be be banned from the forums permenently.

When was the last time you saw me call RJ something on here? If anything its the other way round.

djw1981

Established Member
IIRC there was under IC an idea of family coaches which would only have tables of 4, and would be primarily for families and children. There were even ICEC childrens activity packs when the IC225 came out - colouring in book, foldable cardboard model of loco etc.

I guess it is the opposite to a quiet coach.....

On some summer services to the seaside there could be milage in such an idea, especially if coach A, as it may help r-assure paranoid parents that no one was trying to kidnap their child.

IIRC only families could book these seats - no reservation without children was permitted.

P156KWJ

Established Member
IIRC there was under IC an idea of family coaches which would only have tables of 4, and would be primarily for families and children. There were even ICEC childrens activity packs when the IC225 came out - colouring in book, foldable cardboard model of loco etc.

I guess it is the opposite to a quiet coach.....

On some summer services to the seaside there could be milage in such an idea, especially if coach A, as it may help r-assure paranoid parents that no one was trying to kidnap their child.

IIRC only families could book these seats - no reservation without children was permitted.

unlike FGW's 'family friendly' coach which has about 4 tables to a carriage :roll:

BJMorley

Anyway before this goes out of hand about Children, I do believe children run around the train like its a play area too much, but we can show you what we at MR-B did to one of the volounteers children on a 153 (all you need is a carriage key!!) <D <D
Right, back on topic, on our Derbyshire Wayfarer Bash (and other times), people at Sheffield were waiting at Sheffield to board the train, but some impatient, or misguided passengers, were trying at the door handles as if to get in, even though they were locked. So theres 2 things they should know by now (they've been in service 30 years odd).
1)Is the Orange Central Door Lock light lit?
2)Is everyone else is waiting, or sitting down?!
How these people work I don't know!! :lol: :lol:
Brandon

devon_metro

Established Member
Anyway before this goes out of hand about Children, I do believe children run around the train like its a play area too much, but we can show you what we at MR-B did to one of the volounteers children on a 153 (all you need is a carriage key!!) <D <D
Right, back on topic, on our Derbyshire Wayfarer Bash (and other times), people at Sheffield were waiting at Sheffield to board the train, but some impatient, or misguided passengers, were trying at the door handles as if to get in, even though they were locked. So theres 2 things they should know by now (they've been in service 30 years odd).
1)Is the Orange Central Door Lock light lit?
2)Is everyone else is waiting, or sitting down?!
How these people work I don't know!! :lol: :lol:
Brandon

HSTs have only had CDL for about 15 years

P156KWJ

Established Member
train dispatch had a go at someone in Derby the other day for pulling their full weight on the handle, thinking there was a problem (you can open the doors about an inch with no CDL release) and could have easily broken the handle.

On Thursday, was at Nottingham waiting to go to Water Orton (was waiting for a HST to Leiceser), a man was shouting at a driver who was directing him to get a Derby train saying "The woman in the f***ing ticket office said I get one train to f***ing Uttoxeter, which one is it?" (there's only one direct train from Nottingham to Uttoxeter - the 0455 Nottingham-Crewe, and you have to change at Derby)

Guinness

Established Member
What a nonsensical statement.

I was just thinking the same thing! :???:

Tracking back to the wonderful Page 2 discussion create by a loveable Gizmogle...

When ever a train is full and someone has left there bag on the seat I just ask if the seat is taken, 9/10 it's not and they kindly move their bag(s). One time, I was on a busy Euston - Macclesfield train and was some 98% full with the usual Bag Brigade. I asked a man if this seat was taken, where his bag was and he said "No", usually at this point the person would naturally move their bag. This man didn't...

Chaz: Would you like me to put your bag in the overhead racks?
Man: No, don't touch my bag.
Chaz is shocked at this moment and was tempted to kick off...
Chaz: Well can I sit here then?
Man: No you can't.
Chaz: Okay then.

By this point a couple other passengers clocked this conversation and were just bemused. I decided just to stand next to the seat rather than continue the conversation until he finally spoke.

Man: What are you doing?
Chaz: Standing, what does it look like?
Man: Go away and find another seat.

At this point Chaz was going to take a leaf out of TheSlash's book and just kill the man but with Chaz been on an overcrowded train with nothing else to do he decided to continuing standing.

Chaz: No, I prefer to stand on this train, in this spot and even if I did want a seat there are no *available* seats left anyway.

Man now looks angry and is speechless. A few minutes pass and I decided to kneel down and look past his head and look out of the window because it's in my nature to annoy this man.

Man: What the **** are you looking at me for?
Chaz: Without wishing to give the entire train a running commentary, I'm looking out of the "****ing" window

Man then grabs his stuff and leaves. The other passengers just ****ed themselves. :)

I had to walk into the next Coach because the Door was OOS and saw the Man having endure sitting next to an overweight, sweating man who took up most of the space. Class.

Ahh.. sweet revenge.

jv3531

Weekend travelers get me, during the week you get your everyday travellers that know what, when and where they want. Weekends unleash a whole new set of travellers that just don't seem to have a clue! You get the "Does the swindon train stop at swindon" and "what time does the 4.00 go?" and "Can I have a single return please? Single or return? No but my mate is.....!" I know we shouldn't mock the afflicted but I do wonder how the general public ever get to where they are going let alone home again!:grin:

BJMorley

Another thing that annoys me!! on the Scavenger Hunt, I was about to board the HST (that had been standing in there for half an hour) and when I got on, the PA said this train will not be going to derby as there is something on the line between Chesterfield and Derby. What? You had to wait until we got on the train? I had to wait for the next Voyager, and I wasn't very pleased as there crap!!! <( <(
Brandon

Coradia

Another thing that annoys me!! on the Scavenger Hunt

Thats a great way to describe terminus stations that don't let you loose onto the platform until 10 mins before departure. Had this experience at Blackpool during August holidays few years ago, the que for the Manchester bound 175 was long, and it was a rush to the train for best seats :o . After that I decided to get a York train and change at Preston sincethe ques for these trains were significantly shorter.

jv3531

Reservations on non-reservable trains:grin:
A friend of mine caught the swindon shuttle one day. HST pulls in on three as usual, off pile the breif case brigade. Guy gets on and says to my mate: I think your sat in my seat! Puzzled, my mate looked around to see what he was talking about and said "doesn't seem to be any reservations on here.....". The guy, now rather annoyed says "Your sat in my seat... I always sit there!" the reply was "NOT today mate, first come first served!" the walked off and had to take another....

Mintona

Established Member
Another thing that annoys me!! on the Scavenger Hunt, I was about to board the HST (that had been standing in there for half an hour) and when I got on, the PA said this train will not be going to derby as there is something on the line between Chesterfield and Derby. What? You had to wait until we got on the train? I had to wait for the next Voyager, and I wasn't very pleased as there crap!!! <( <(
Brandon

Oh deary me. You had to get a Voyager instead of an HST? I've got the violin ready now.

devon_metro

Established Member
Brandon

S*** happens!

P156KWJ

Established Member
What a nonsensical statement.

or the 0555, can't remember

just looked at the timetable and realised the printed time to station sheets must be printed wrong, as at Nottingham it does definately say 'Uttoxeter 0555 - Direct - Crewe'. Either that or they haven't replacd them since last timetable and there used to be, dunno

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Most guards on FGW do say the quiet zone A is a quiet coach and to refrain from using mobile phones, laptops and keep noise levels to a minimum. Says it all really, apart from the loud talkers/screaming kids, who only generally go in there if all the seats are taken elsewhere

class 313

Established Member
Brandon

And you're blaming who for that?

FusionRail

Brandon

Well, it certainly isn't the staffs fault. Also, I have never seen a class 220 run on the MML? I think you mean a Meridian, the class 222, which is a different thing. They are not totally '****' as you put it, i would rather that than have to walk. A trains a train, if its not the one you like either don't complain or don't use it.

Another thing I have found out today, whilst on the bus back from NVR, possibly more annoying than most of the things in the poll, is bloody chavs playing their music up full blast on their tinny phone speakers, if you can even call it music! Why not just get headphones... :roll:

class 313

Established Member
Well, it certainly isn't the staffs fault. Also, I have never seen a class 220 run on the MML?

220s/221s run on the MML every day you fool ;) Derby - Sheffield.

But a 220 as worked out of St Pancras after looking at one of Snappers shots. It worked a train up to take journalists to see the Pendolino...

FusionRail

220s/221s run on the MML every day you fool ;) Derby - Sheffield.

But a 220 as worked out of St Pancras after looking at one of Snappers shots. It worked a train up to take journalists to see the Pendolino...

Not on EMT services they dont, and last time I remembered Virgin Trains don't run any HST's, so therefore Mr. Branston Pickle must have been referring to EMT.

:D:D:D

BJMorley

Well it was sat there for 40 minutes odd, they could of told us before the doors opened, I wasn't that pleased with that. anyway, if something was on the line, it shouldn't of been there, so the driver should run over it. <D and I'm not blaming MML/EMT staff, they do a good job, but they could of said before I boarded as they said as everyone had got on.
Brandon

class 313

Established Member
Well it was sat there for 40 minutes odd, they could of told us before the doors opened, I wasn't that pleased with that. anyway, if something was on the line, it shouldn't of been there, so the driver should run over it. <D

I was on a SET 465 coming from Tonbridge, we crawled out of Tonbridge to stop then crawl a few more meters then stop again. We then found out it was to pick up a trespasser who as you say 'shouldn't of been there'. Should the driver of kept going? No.

Then we make our way along the line to the first stop after the juice was turned back on. This was Hildenborough, where we stopped but the doors didn't open as they didn't want the man running off. No announcement at the station at all. Just the boards saying how late it was then to just 'delayed'.

BJMorley

Why did he pick him up anyway :? :? Most tresspassers don't hail a ride, and if he wasn't supposed to be there, why was he anyway?
Words fail me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.