• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailPictures.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I got my image rejected for the following reason:

- Poor Lighting (Dark): The image is too dark.

What does this guy want? :? A bright image in the middle of day-time, which takes all atmosphere out? :roll:

I swear, he is either hiding his poor photos, or just doesn't like Brit stuff :x

A very Hacked off Paul <(

ChrisM

Wouldn't let it bother you to be honest.
I had one rejected through bad cropping,cropped it and they said part of the subject was missing which is wasn't. :?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Don't take it personally!!!

I apologise, I didn't make it clear when I posted. This site contains a database of the best photos on the web, that must be of high quality, in all aspects.

It's a site where you can just look at ANY photo and you know it'll be top quality.

It's NOT a Fotopic-style site in any way. It is an elite site, only accepting the very best.

I am sorry if I gave people a false impression.

You can have very good photos and they'll be rejected.

Many of my best photos were rejected.

These seem to be some criteria

>Prefrably American
>A Long Goods Train moving at 1 mile a year
>It should have a bone of a loco at the front
>It has to be either night, or brilliant sunshine

So in short, many look the same :?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not really. Use the database to specify UK shots.

Even better look for UK shots from the 70s or 80s - there's some cracking shots there of the halcyon days of LHCS and Slam doors!

ChrisM

Well done,see someone on their forums had a photo rejected 2 or 3 times and has now got it accepted.

richa2002

Established Member
If they accepted nearly everything, you wouldn't feel as good when you get that E-Mail that your photo has been approved.

metrocammel

Hi, Ive just sent some phots up, one got rejected for being too soft - not sharpened, which ive now rectified, a couple for bad filenames and this one http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=175435 This has been rejected due to part of the subject being cut off, Im assuming they mean the mk2 coaches, but they go round the curve at Piccadilly, so there no way around that . Surely they dont mean the pendo?
METCAM.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
laverack222 said:
Not sure why,
Check your email, but probably because, as you say, it wasn't sunny. For a non-sunny photo to get in it would have to be exceptional in other areas.

For some reason I can't read the EXIF data on that image :?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
EDIT

Comments no longer relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.