• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you were a member in June 2006, you may remember that some forum badges were issued to members who requested one, and since then a few have been given to others on merit.

I'm pleased to say that from January 2010 we will be able to start distributing our new limited edition badges to members. The badges, produced exclusively for us, are roughly 25mm in diameter (around the same size as a £1 coin) and feature an image of an East Midlands Trains-liveried HST powercar.

picture.php

As these badges are in limited supply, we will initially make them available to members who attend meets and in order to minimise postage costs they will primarily be distributed on meets (with the Greater Manchester challenge on 23 January being the first), or other social events. Those unable to attend meets, but have been long time members of the forum or are known to staff or other members will also be able to receive them by post.

If you are interested, please either send a PM to myself or yorkie stating your interest, and whether you will be attending the 23 January meet, and we will get back to you when we are ready to start distributing the badges. Please do not send your postal address yet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Please feel free send me or yorkie a PM! Once all badges have been distributed to members on meets then we will look at sending them to others, but I'm sure we will have enough since you have asked.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Please feel free send me or yorkie a PM! Once all badges have been distributed to members on meets then we will look at sending them to others, but I'm sure we will have enough since you have asked.

Thanks Mojo you should be receiving a PM soon :)

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
I feel like I've earned one really...do we have a rough cost estimate?

I may well be at GMPTE, you never know.... (and that should read 23rd, not 25th surely? :) )

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I feel like I've earned one really...do we have a rough cost estimate?
Yes, they were paid for by us, so they are free to members :smile:

I've updated the date; for some reason I thought it was 25 JNR!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Please feel free to send me or yorkie a PM if you are interested, even if you are planning on attending the meet. We will reply to you by mid-January.

Death

Established Member
Hail all! <D
I've only just stumbled across this thread :shock: But if I may suggest, ye could always sell those badges to users for a small amount, and use the profits to contribute towards RailUKs operational costs! 8)

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Hail all! <D
I've only just stumbled across this thread :shock: But if I may suggest, ye could always sell those badges to users for a small amount, and use the profits to contribute towards RailUKs operational costs! 8)

Shhhh! I'm getting one for free ;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just to advise that there are still some of these available, even if you are not attending the meet tomorrow, please PM me.

Multiple Unit

Thogh I haven't been a member of this forum very long I wouldn't mind one of those badges they look pretty good and as with others Im Willing to pay the P&P once moving house is compleate (No Im not a Turttle).

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There are still some available, please do not be afraid to PM myself if you are interested!

If you've sent me your address then I will send you a message once the badge has been dispatched.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Got my badge this morning, looks awesome. As soon as it was opened, it was attached to my shirt straight away and wearing it proudly as I type :D

Thanks to all responsible for making these and distributing them to us. Very happy I be with it! :D

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Got my badge to day it was put straight on my jacket and wearing it proud! :D

Thanks Mojo and anyone involved in getting them and sending them to the members who aquired one. :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone got any pics of their badges "on location?"

Still got a few left, so send me a PM if you are interested in receiving a badge.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Just got myn, looks excellent!!!!!!!!

Thanks to RailUK for paying for it.

Ivo

Established Member
If by "on location" you mean out-and-about on the railway, I would have if my Great Escape was today... Mine arrived while I was away doing it! :D

Is a nifty little thing, isn't it? I'll be sure to wear it whenever I attend a meet or go on another Dot Day!

Merci/Danke/Gracias/Whatever to Mojo! Thanking you, good Sir! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.