• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK catchphrases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Corner

Established Member
Everyone has had a chance to have their say. If new information comes to light please report this post and we will consider unlocking the thread.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm hearing rumours about ......... Can anyone shed any light onto this?

Any information gratefully received!

Everyone has had a chance to have their say. If new information comes to light please report this post and we will consider unlocking the thread.

We’re a bit like Donald Trump, in that our big red pen actually does something… ;)

LowLevel

Established Member
I have to confess to appreciating the OP's descriptive terminology for things they dislike or disapprove of. Even when I don't agree hearing something described as "vile" or similar raises a smile.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'm trainee doctor/nurse/solicitor and a criminal record will ruin my life

I am happy to pay the fine but I don't want a criminal record

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I have to confess to appreciating the OP's descriptive terminology for things they dislike or disapprove of. Even when I don't agree hearing something described as "vile" or similar raises a smile.
OP as in of this thread - me - or complaining OPs in general? :lol:

I'm trainee doctor/nurse/solicitor and a criminal record will ruin my life

I am happy to pay the fine but I don't want a criminal record
That one always makes me laugh because it’s like they’re deciding on the TOCs behalf

Purple Train

Established Member
"I think you missed the sarcasm in the original post" or words to that effect.
"Already being discussed here" or words to that effect.
"That looks hideous, sack the designer" or words to that effect.
"That's just whataboutery/strawmanning/propaganda" or words to that effect.

I'm scratching about a bit here :lol:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
@TT-ONR-NRN? I can see them. He's not blocked you has he?

No. It’s just something that often happens in the Disputes section (probably should have clarified that one to be fair). :)

I think @Cowley is quoting a catchphrase... I don't think people can block moderators from seeing their posts?

I was. Hey that’d be weird though wouldn’t it? I’m sure there’s a few people that would like to do that!

Purple Train

Established Member
Another entry: "post deleted, just realised someone else said it upthread"
Or alternatively, "deleted, brain briefly went AWOL" or words to that effect*.

*Which I can remember using after I made a guess I assumed was wrong on a Quizzes & Games forum, which would have won me the round if I hadn't deleted it (oh the irony) :lol:

Dai Corner

Established Member
In the Disputes and Prosecutions forum:

Please post a picture of the letter you received with personal details redacted.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Commuter rail.
S-Bahn is just a German term applied to a certain sort of commuter rail system. They run generally with high-capacity electric rolling stock and have several routes coming from nearby smaller settlements, each of which runs about every 15-30 minutes, which come together along central core routes to provide a much higher frequency. (In other words, they're exactly like Merseyrail!)

Thameslink and Crossrail would probably also be called S-Bahn.

Status
Not open for further replies.