• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway mile high club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
With what may well be my last post in this thread, and then one deliberately timed to be my 3,000th overall, I would like to say this.

For the most part, I find things like this to be extremely immature. You will no doubt have realised that from my very first post in this thread, when I suggested that I didn't want to be considered a "killjoy" but then proceeded to act like one; this is a clear indication of my point. How an apparently mature person of 25 or more years old can while away the hours making jokes about 37s and the likes seems silly.

But through this thread I have effectively - if reluctantly - learned that said observation and belief was not fair on everyone else. And to get lured into the black hole at the extreme core of the thread would have served as a wake up call; one simple message in which I said that I believed Kernowfem (whose age and name wer unknown to me at the time; I now know both) was beautiful would go on to serve some of the most amusing moments I have had for a long while. And when it came to my birthday, it felt almost uncanny to be the centre of attention - especially for a reason not related to the date.

So essentially, I wish to apologise for any "senile" behaviour I may have exhibited early on this thread, and also to thank you for finally bringing some light-hearted fun to me again. It feels soothing to have such a group of people throwing silliness at haste and not having to rely on the likes of South Park etc for a quick gag. And I would like to give a special thank you to Kernowfem, although to say any more than that would more than likely lead to accusations of playing favourites - if I'm lucky!

If this post kills the thread, I think it would be nice to know that it has sailed off in a blaze of glory, and not laden in humiliation. And if it doesn't, I know where to look if I need a good laugh in the future...

Established Member
Compared to some of the people you see standing at the ends of platforms, this thread is rather 'normal'

Returning to the original theme of this thread, I used to travel on a school train in West Cumberland (as it was called then). In our 2nd year, the school made the mistake of teaching our class the 'facts of life'. On the trip home (which was a Black 5 pulling 8 corridor coaches with a toilet at each end of the coach), some of us were keen on doing some 'homework' on this newly acquired knowledge, so we made use of the toilet facilities. None of us succeeded because..
1) a B.R. toilet does not readily lend itself to that sort of thing (i.e. it's too bloody cramped!):(..
2) 2 couples were caught in the toilets by a teacher acting as a monitor, but hadn't got very far, and (in my case)..
3) my companion changed her mind as soon as I locked the door.<(

If any of you know the original M*A*S*H, Trapper John McIntyre got the Trapper moniker in the same way. Although purely fictional, he persuaded a lady into the loo of a Boston & Maine train and was about to do the dirty deed when the door was opened by the train conductor. The lady instantly reneged on the arrangement by yelling "HE TRAPPED ME! HE TRAPPED ME!"

If you want to give it a title, how 'bout "The Inter-Titty Club"? OK, I'll get my coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.