• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway mile high club

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythPower

I think the gist of it is that a shadowy figure wearing a woolly First Group bobble hat was caught breaking into Kernowfem's Landrover in an attempt to sniff the seats. ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eng274

is it true that Land rover defenders can be broken into using a teaspoon, or just an urban myth..

junglejames

Established Member
I think the gist of it is that a shadowy figure wearing a woolly First Group bobble hat was caught breaking into Kernowfem's Landrover in an attempt to sniff the seats. ;)

Plus, this shadowy figure is now consoling his woolly first group bobble hat, as it managed to get rather wet!!

Dont put it in the tumble dryer, it may shrink!!

Ivo

Established Member
That whole flirt thing is old now. That's why I asked; if the answer was no, I would remove it. So I have ;)

And why would I try to steal from Kernowfem? :smile:

junglejames

Established Member
Quote removed

OK OK that is one step too far. The young woman in question is a real human, and i somehow doubt she wants to read posts insinuating what your post has done. Sniffing seats was bad enough, but this is even worse.

If its going to go down this route I think its about time we stopped talking about this whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geezertronic

Established Member
Yeah I have to agree... it's alright having a laugh but things are getting a bit silly now, especially since some of the comments make we want to laugh at some people rather than laugh with them...

junglejames

Established Member
Oh come on, learn to take a joke! Anyway if she's that offended she can stand up for herself!

Yes, we realise it was a joke, but this was a joke too far. Yes, she can stick up for herself, but why should she have to read such comments in the first place?
You have insinuated something extremely sick and perverted. Something that most women will not want to think about. So to see someone suggesting it (no matter how much of a joke), is not right, especially considering it is on about a particular woman, who is more than likely going to see the comment.

SS4

Established Member
Sometimes you just have to know when a thread about cheap innuendo has finished (pun intended)

Ivo

Established Member
If I'm honest, even I feel a little offended by that comment [the one that was removed]. It's like I'm being portrayed as a potential paedophile...

I agree, it is time to stop. Either change the subject (something this thread has excelled at), or call it a day.

Last edited:

Kernowfem

Anyone sniffing my landy seats would probably keel over and die with the smell of my ten year old collie cross. She doesnt smell too good when she's been swimming or on long walkies in wet grass....

So certainly not recommended!

Ivo

Established Member
You got "lucky". There was a worse bit which Yorkie has removed; that was the offending bit.

By the way, did you get that PM I sent you before?

Kernowfem

You got "lucky". There was a worse bit which Yorkie has removed; that was the offending bit.

By the way, did you get that PM I sent you before?

In regard to the York meet?? Yes i did, but ive not had chance to reply. Im actually away untill after Easter....sunning myself as i type! :)

Lets thank Yorkie for removing the offending item. I didn't actually see it, im sure it was meant in fun :)

So any way back on thread, anyone seen any strange people lurking around the toilets on trains??

ACE1888

what a 'thread' !!!
Have to be on a 'Bubble' car, make the most of the time on a 'slowtrain' hahahahaha
'I can't afford a ticket on an old dakota mail train, I gotta jump a ride on a cattle trucking slowtrain'

Ivo

Established Member
Sounds nice! :D Cornwall again? Don't overdo it though; I don't want my girl falling ill ;) (take that "with a pinch of salt", as they say). I've even been toying with the idea of heading down there this weekend, but logistically it looks difficult. Not as difficult as my originally intended location though, which is rather closer to Sheffield than it is to Bath... [I refer to Blackpool! For a day trip! For those in the Guess the Station thread, I'm not so much of a "mouse" now am I? :lol:)

It's not as though York will be the last ever meet on this forum; not least with South London confirmed for two weeks later... (Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to come along to that; I'm not sure even I would at that range, especially given the early start!) EDIT: So you know, they happen at least once a month. I'll send you some details of one another time :smile:

If you want to see the offending comment (it was short enough for everyone to remember!), just ask; not sure why you would though.

For ACE, you missed the height of the thread by two days. It was a right laugh a week ago (as I said last night, there were 97 posts last Thursday, most of which referred to me in some form or another :? [it was my birthday to be fair]), but only this late spurt looks capable of dragging it past the 500-post mark.

Lastly, for Chris C, I hope you don't think we're being too harsh based on the comment. It wasn't the nicest, but we may have been overreacting a bit as well :)

Last edited:

Geezertronic

Established Member
Well I have a trip to sunny Birmingham to look forward to :) followed next week by work trips to London Docklands, Hatton Cross and Bridgend/Waterton for my sins (no Easter break for me :()

Might find time to get a round of golf in with my cousin in Weedon (I did 18 holes last time in 161 :D) followed by a cheeky one or two in the 19th

And lots of gardening in between no doubt, maybe a barbie as well (and not the plastic doll variety before anyone asks) :-x :D

Ivo

Established Member
Might find time to get a round of golf in with my cousin in Weedon (I did 18 holes last time in 161 :D) followed by a cheeky one or two in the 19th

Better than me! Even on a pitch-and-putt I've never done any better than a +2 on any one hole, although I did hit right edge with a birdie putt [which then became a +3 :cry:]. I think for said pitch-and-putt I scored about 140, or roughly +6 per hole!

And lots of gardening in between no doubt, maybe a barbie as well (and not the plastic doll variety before anyone asks) :-x :D

I wouldn't have dreamed of it. So long as you don't mean a WorstGroup Barbie of course ;)

Last edited:

junglejames

Established Member
Sounds nice! :D Cornwall again? Don't overdo it though; I don't want my girl falling ill ;) (take that "with a pinch of salt", as they say). I've even been toying with the idea of heading down there this weekend, but logistically it looks difficult. Not as difficult as my originally intended location though, which is rather closer to Sheffield than it is to Bath... [I refer to Blackpool! For a day trip! For those in the Guess the Station thread, I'm not so much of a "mouse" am I? :lol:)

It's not as though York will be the last ever meet on this forum; not least with South London confirmed for two weeks later... (Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to come along to that; I'm not sure even I would at that range, especially given the early start!)

If you want to see the offending comment (it was short enough for everyone to remember!), just ask; not sure why you would though.

For ACE, you missed the height of the thread by two days. It was a right laugh a week ago (as I said last night, there were 97 posts last Thursday, most of which referred to me in some form or another :? [it was my birthday to be fair]), but only this late spurt looks capable of dragging it past the 500-post mark.

Lastly, for Chris C, I hope you don't think we're being too harsh based on the comment. It wasn't the nicest, but we may have been overreacting a bit as well :)

Might have been overreacting? I dont think so. The comment was totally wrong.

Anyway, nah she isnt in Cornwall. Shes in Venice with me! Waiting to catch the VSOE in a couple of days!!!

Ivo

Established Member
Don't start that again :roll: Venice isn't exactly known for having the sunniest weather around though is it? Even if it is better than this country.

And I was trying to be gentle with Chris, if you don't mind.

Post #500 for the thread :D Obviously it has been a success, even if it was a controversial one.

strange6

Established Member
I think it's only fitting that I should make it the half century :) besides, this thread is nothing like I thought it would be - gone completely off-topic
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't start that again :roll: Venice isn't exactly known for having the sunniest weather around though is it? Even if it is better than this country.

Post #500 for the thread :D Obviously it has been a success, even if it was a controversial one.

Damn! You've beaten me by seconds :)

Ivo

Established Member
Sorry :(

Couldn't I say the same thing though? Half of this thread has been a joke at my expense after all :lol:

N.B.: It was two minutes.

P.S. You meant half MILLENNIUM.

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Now, what's the answer of 20 - 17?

Yes, it was three minutes, not two!

The Double Post system changed his time! It was 19:19! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Like how this post was 19:30 until I made this second post (in other words, I'm being a bit cheeky to prove the point :lol:) and later edited further!

And Ralph...

I don't mean to be blowing my own trumpet too much here, but I actually happen to be quite something with regards to arithmetic. I even applied to replace Carol Vorderman to that effect. So guess how I felt when I found out that the girl who won lived one kilometre away, and was the sister of my nearest "rival" in the field at high school?

Last edited:

junglejames

Established Member

Dont start what again? 22 degrees here in Venice today. Hardly any wind, clear skies. Fantastic clear evening today. Shorts and tee shirt weather.
We had a lovely dinner on the balcony earlier.
Whats it like back home? Admittedly ive heard it is nice back home.

SS4

Established Member
Dont start what again? 22 degrees here in Venice today. Hardly any wind, clear skies. Fantastic clear evening today. Shorts and tee shirt weather.
We had a lovely dinner on the balcony earlier.
Whats it like back home? Admittedly ive heard it is nice back home.

Much the same in Brum where I was also strolling along the canal after a quick one in the pub (given the nature of this thread I am referring to a drink). I think it was 17 but accuweather realfeel (tm) said 22

On Mobius there were localised blizzards after Eggman tried out his new freeze ray :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.