• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway mile high club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Much the same in Brum where I was also strolling along the canal after a quick one in the pub (given the nature of this thread I am referring to a drink). I think it was 17 but accuweather realfeel (tm) said 22

On Mobius there were localised blizzards after Eggman tried out his new freeze ray :(

Doctor Ivo Robotnik if you don't mind, Hedgehog! I am glad you liked my new freeze ray. <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
So any way back on thread, anyone seen any strange people lurking around the toilets on trains??

Richard Wilson was lurking around a toilet for a C4 documentary recently. Certainly wouldn't like to be on the same train as him...

Eng274

The Double Post system changed his time! It was 19:19! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Like how this post was 19:30 until I made this second post (in other words, I'm being a bit cheeky to prove the point :lol:) and later edited further!

And Ralph...

I don't mean to be blowing my own trumpet too much here, but I actually happen to be quite something with regards to arithmetic. I even applied to replace Carol Vorderman to that effect. So guess how I felt when I found out that the girl who won lived one kilometre away, and was the sister of my nearest "rival" in the field at high school?

The regenerated Carol V is tidy. Would be a pleasure to handle her consonants, give her a day off :)

Ivo

Established Member
I have to admit he's still Robotnik to me and always will be!

I agree as well. Even if Eggman is an amusing name, it just doesn't befit a genius of my capacity <D

And as for my freeze ray, I'm sure that even my maniacal grandfather, Professor Gerald, would have been proud of it <D

Established Member
It's the thread that keeps on giving and giving

Sounds like Chorley FM - coming in your ears!

Alternatively, where the listener comes first!

Will have to go and watch Phoenix Nights now...

Established Member
Well in the end I did go and look at the last 30 odd pages seeing as there is nothing else on TV and I missed Have I Got News For You yesterday.

Ivo

Established Member
That's all very well, but the thread looks dead (24h20 between your post and the one before). And a certain lady hasn't been online for 1,600 minutes!

I know she's away and all, but she hasn't said anything since revealing as much...

This is either going to need a kickstart, or a condemnation.

Eng274

Yep, was Jack Dee yesterday I think (and I watched it too..)

Guess nobody was dull enough to replace Anguish Deayton full-time.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Yep, was Jack Dee yesterday I think (and I watched it too..)

Guess nobody was dull enough to replace Anguish Deayton full-time.

Alexander Armstrong is I think, he was unable to start instantly but does from episode 4, or something along those lines.

Do have to say that both Mr Dee and Mr Armstrong are excellent hosts, better than Angus I Make It Obvious That Everything I Say Is Scripted Deayton.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yeah, I agree that Alexandra Armstrong and Jack Dee make excellent hosts (as did Brucie when he was on a few years ago). It'd be good to see Angus turn up as a guest host one day though ! (Doubt he will though.)

junglejames

Established Member
That's all very well, but the thread looks dead (24h20 between your post and the one before). And a certain lady hasn't been online for 1,600 minutes!

I know she's away and all, but she hasn't said anything since revealing as much...

This is either going to need a kickstart, or a condemnation.

What can I say. Im keeping her far too occupied, so she doesnt have time to come on here as much now!

Geezertronic

Established Member
Yeah, I agree that Alexandra Armstrong and Jack Dee make excellent hosts (as did Brucie when he was on a few years ago). It'd be good to see Angus turn up as a guest host one day though ! (Doubt he will though.)

That will be Alexander Armstrong then? :D

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
In the spirit of this thread, I suggest Googling "Investec directors" and then looking carefully at the names of the non-executives.

The one I am thinking of, just imagine the telephone conversation between him / her and the Scotrail Sleeper reservations people...:lol:

Oswyntail

Established Member
Reminds me of one of the genuine customers we had at my bank - the Kinki Nippon Tourist Agency

Welshman

Established Member
Pardon me if it seems I may be inadvertently getting this thread somewhere back near its original topic, but I smiled at poor Niles in a repeat of "Frasier" on the box tonight.

Niles was relating his awkwardness in such matters and regretting that he once met a very attractive blonde on a plane, who asked him if he'd like to join the Mile High Club.

He replied that he probably didn't travel sufficiently frequently to make it worth while.

Geezertronic

Established Member
Going back to funny names, I used to work with a lady called Jo MyCock - middle name was apparently Patricia (or Pat for short).

Ever heard of Peter Enis before?

Status
Not open for further replies.