• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail HST Introduction - Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuff chuff

See third refurb set seems to have gone from Inverness. Is that all the training now done in Inverness? Is it in passenger service?

Going to Glasgow for training there,don’t know how much if any training has been done but not heard anything from the Jings chap.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wst71Pa2

But one refurbished set is still stuck at Aberdeen, as one of the power cars is unserviceable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DannyMich2018

We are well into April now and 23rd more sets to be delivered- considering several sets have been "imminent" for weeks it's not looking good, what is going on at Wabtec?? Something like 11 sets have gone in but only 3 out, whatever happens "Classic" sets will highly likely still be with us post Dec 31st so temporary Derrogations/Exemptions likely for PRM be applied for if they haven't been already.

SC318250

The 1st few always take the longest to do

Look at the 320/3 refurbishment at Doncaster. Took 4 months for 1st couple then it took 5 weeks

Look at 318 refurbishment at Doncaster. Took nearly 6 months for 1st one, and gradually went down to around 9 weeks per unit depending on bodyside corrosion found

SC318250

I think we will have a better idea atound October how well Wabtec are doing and whether they will deliver them all

Highlandspring

Established Member
Just in case anyone is keeping records I noted today that the three additional classic sets are/will be numbered HA31, HA32 and HA33.

northernbelle

Ah, our resident WorstGroup sycophant speaks!

Never mind that it is a contractual requirement for the TOC to de-brand on handback. That includes the f-in-circles on the seat backs.

Your attitude to many forum members really is extraordinarily boring and unnecessarily aggressive.

It is not unheard of for TOCs/ROSCOs to agree to leave branding in place if removal is seen as impractical or a silly waste of resources, but then, why not employ a team of people to remove logos from seats and give you another opportunity to drawl about First?

On Moderation
Your attitude to many forum members really is extraordinarily boring and unnecessarily aggressive.

It is not unheard of for TOCs/ROSCOs to agree to leave branding in place if removal is seen as impractical or a silly waste of resources, but then, why not employ a team of people to remove logos from seats and give you another opportunity to drawl about First?
Takes two to tango, and the poster I replied to is not exactly a timid shrinking violet.

Indeed they can agree on leaving it in place, but the default position is that it is a contractual requirement.

Carntyne

Takes two to tango, and the poster I replied to is not exactly a timid shrinking violet.

Indeed they can agree on leaving it in place, but the default position is that it is a contractual requirement.
Does it matter? Not in the slightest.

Highland37

Established Member
I think we will have a better idea atound October how well Wabtec are doing and whether they will deliver them all

We have a good idea now - they are miles behind. In October, we might know if they have managed to change that and be able to deliver as promised.

Established Member
A few people up here would be relieved to see a First logo on their trains four years down the line.

Anyway, back in the real world, does anyone know if classic set reliability has taken a new nosedive over the past week or so? The short forms on the Highland Main Line have been ridiculous, just about everything I've got on has been a 158, including the 1809 Queen Street-Inverness the past two nights. We're also still getting loads of cancellations due to crew shortages, Monday was particularly bad for that.

On a positive note, the one HST I've been on as the 1739 Edinburgh-Inverness had no litter in it on departure and I could see a member of staff removing old reservation labels before they opened the doors at Waverley. No new reservations placed, but one step at a time.

_toommm_

Established Member
Pic posted on Facebook shows set 4 fully formed w/ power cars in the yard at Doncaster this morning.

It could be subject to long delays leaving though, if set number three is anything to go by - IIRC it was fully formed for a couple weeks, and several VSTP paths were put in before it finally left.

JModulo

It could be subject to long delays leaving though, if set number three is anything to go by - IIRC it was fully formed for a couple weeks, and several VSTP paths were put in before it finally left.

Wasn't that to do with the final inspection of the set before leaving, and issues were found on it?

Highland37

Established Member
I managed to get on two classic HSTs today. On the first, from Stirling to Glasgow, I sat in first class which is very nice. The Perth to Inverness set was 5 minutes late but made up time on the way north of Aviemore. Overall, much better than a unit!

jimm

Established Member

In other words, you have no idea at all what discussions there may have been between GWR and Angel and Porterbrook about what to do with the flying Fs in the seatbacks when the HSTs were being taken out of service and sent into store.

But that's not going to stop you using them as a stick to beat First Group with - yet again.

I don't know what First Group has ever done to you and don't really care, but like I said, you seem to bring your beef with First into any and every thread on this forum that you can - this one included. Its relevance to the introduction of Scotrail HSTs is, frankly, paper-thin, and the moderators have asked once or twice in the thread that people stick to the main topic.

Highland37

Established Member
Is that another classic set heading north for ScotRail?

I see Rail are reporting that Scotrail may try and recoup some costs.

InvHst

Guys don't quote me here but apart from the 0554 inv to aberdeen not running as a HST the rest of the diagram looks like it has been covered by a HST I believe all other services that are meant to be HSTS are actually running as them and none are short formed is this the first weekday that everyone has run??

Stoney1979

Guys don't quote me here but apart from the 0554 inv to aberdeen not running as a HST the rest of the diagram looks like it has been covered by a HST I believe all other services that are meant to be HSTS are actually running as them and none are short formed is this the first weekday that everyone has run??

Sounds like (potentially) positive news.

Out of interest, how do you find out in retrospect if a diagrammed HST actually ran as an HST? A

FtoE

Just noticed two foreign women miss their stop because they didn’t know how to open the doors on the Classic.
As the tourist season gets into full swing I can see this becoming a bit of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.