• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Jydo

on the job advert I think its states that DM interviews are scheduled for mid/late May so if you have passed the online assessments and not had a telephone offer then maybe you have been too late, as MM81 has mentioned.

Scotraildriver I think you are being a little harsh, this entire forum is full of helpful information and its quite refreshing how everyone is helpful

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jazza20

:roll: ahhhhhhhh the anticipation is killing me, surely they aren't going to wait the 4 weeks

Bodiddly

To all the external applicants, I hope you are at least given an interview. As an internal candidate who couldn't make it to interview stage due to the high number of applicants for these positions, you are doing extremely well to even make it through the sift. Also, if you make it through the various stages of recruitment but don't make it for any reason, don't be too disappointed or dejected, you've done very well to get as far as you did!
Good luck to all!

G36

Just got email stating I'm getting phone interview! So don't give up if you haven't heard about that yet.

G36

By the looks of it there's quite a few telephone interviews to be done yet, I have booked in for Wednesday afternoon and there's at least 20 others spaces

jazza20

I wouldnt say that, the sheer volume of applicants they must get they must be doing interviews for the 4 weeks since i got mine, will be interesting to see how long they tell gav before they make a decision......good luck gav

debadzuk79

Just had e mail. As I thought. Unsuccessful. Stupid phone interviews lol. Good luck to all. Back to my 38k per year Air Traffic Control job then.

Jydo

Sorry to hear that. Ive still not heard anything? You were 2 days after me...

Last edited:

G36

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to everybody else when the results start coming in..

Jydo

I've hit a bit of a brick wall today, I got my disclosure back and Ive got something on it. Its nothing major like fraud, drugs, alcohol or GBH - its more of a minor offence in the grand scheme of things - trouble is that as far as I remember the application asked about "time served" & "unspent convictions" at the start of the process and I clicked none to everything stupidly thinking that it was referring to time being in jail & major crime offences - An honest but silly mistake. Anyone care to offer any advice? Think I shall email HR dept to let them know & if they decide to pull my application then fair enough.......I think if I remembered and listed this to begin with then I could still have been in contention.....

Bit of a bummer :(

Last edited:

debadzuk79

As I say interview went abysmally. Doesn't matter how well you might be suited to the job if you can't answer questions on customer service. No complaints will be better prepared next time. I would have been confident of getting through stage 2 as the psychometric assessments to do my current job are the same but you do a couple more. I have applied elsewhere where there are no phone interviews so see how I get on there haha. Would just have been perfect what with Leuchars closing etc but there will be other opportunities.

387star

On Moderation
Just had e mail. As I thought. Unsuccessful. Stupid phone interviews lol. Good luck to all. Back to my 38k per year Air Traffic Control job then.

Why the need to tell everyone how much you earn?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Last edited:

scotraildriver

Established Member
I've hit a bit of a brick wall today, I got my disclosure back and Ive got something on it. Its nothing major like fraud, drugs, alcohol or GBH - its more of a minor offence in the grand scheme of things - trouble is that as far as I remember the application asked about "time served" & "unspent convictions" at the start of the process and I clicked none to everything stupidly thinking that it was referring to time being in jail & major crime offences - An honest but silly mistake. Anyone care to offer any advice? Think I shall email HR dept to let them know & if they decide to pull my application then fair enough.......I think if I remembered and listed this to begin with then I could still have been in contention.....

Bit of a bummer :(

You MUST E-mail them straight away. If they offer you a job then they find something on disclosure you will lose it. It happened to a guy on my course years ago and related to a minor offence almost 30 years ago. It probably wouldn't have mattered if he had declared it but they were not amused to find out for themselves after he started. Unfortunately they are pretty strict with clear disclosures although obviously I don't know what your problem is.

debadzuk79

Ml if you could be bothered to read the thread maybe you will find out. So many posts on the same questions here.

Jydo

Yeah totally agree scotraildriver. Like I said it was a bit of an oversight on my part but I dont want to go any further without first contacting them to put them in the picture, Im pretty sure that if I did list it to begin with then I probably would still have my hat in the ring at this stage. Thanks

Last edited:

Journeyman

Established Member
I'm still waiting to find out how I did - my phone interview was on 9th April. Waiting on DRS as well - arrgh!

G36

Jydo sorry don't know email address.. You are doing the right thing letting them know though. Why leave anything to chance. I'm sure it won't make a difference at this early stage in the process..

Jydo

The only email address I seem to have anywhere in my inbox is the [email protected] one - which I have sent an email to in order to clarify the situation. Cheers guys :)

rocky1807

Has anyone else heard anything back?
I am on holiday and been checking daily but nothing yet.

debadzuk79

I would think if you haven't heard by now you will be safely through to the next round.

I found out last week that I had messed up the phone interview. I knew it already though.

The phone interview was only to confirm that you were what you said you were on your application and not a total idiot.

Still can't believe I messed it up but hey ho...try again next time.

gazza8

Why the need to tell everyone how much you earn?

Smells a bit of arrogance to me, as does your post about the customer service part of the interview.

some people are just not suited to driving trains

debadzuk79

Smells a bit of arrogance to me, as does your post about the customer service part of the interview.

some people are just not suited to driving trains

Lol....and some people are not qualified to pass judgement. Don't talk to me about customer service. I've done 17 years in the military and have dealt with more situations and people than you have had hot dinners son. Good luck to all still waiting on the outcome of phone interviews.

Last edited: