• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PinOnTheRight

How far have you got so far, Dunc1876?

The advertisement at the time did have in big bold letters at the bottom:

"ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR ASSESSMENT/INTERVIEW"

Edit - sorry just seen Markos72's post.

Carntyne

When are they going to come out and tell us that the rest of us were unsuccessful in our applications ?

They've repeatedly said they'll only be contacting successful applicants as well as it being on the original advert for the jobs. I wouldn't like to be working for ScotRail's HR right now with amount of applicants who've not read what was on the job advertisment.

actonman53

Well done to all who have progressed to interviews, assessments and even been offered positions so far.

However skimming through the posts I haven't seen anyone who has applied for "North" being Aberdeen, Perth, Inverness ect having heard back.

Can anyone confirm/clarify on this or has anyone heard anything re these?

Cheers in advance

Jydo

Well done to all who have progressed to interviews, assessments and even been offered positions so far.

However skimming through the posts I haven't seen anyone who has applied for "North" being Aberdeen, Perth, Inverness ect having heard back.

Cheers in advance

One of the guys at my 2nd stage assessments last week was Perth whilst the other three of us were Glasgow area...

theironroad

Established Member

Cheers in advance

There are a couple of people in the last couple of weeks who have said on here they are in the north category and been progressed, but I wasn't one of them.....

mw1967

I am external candidate, with no previous rail or application history.

23/09/2015 applied for positions in North (Inverness, Perth or Stirling) and East (Edinburgh or Bathgate) depots.

10/11/2015 received an email and invited to the 1st stage assessment.

24/11/2015 sat the 1st stage assessment and received an email that afternoon advising I had been successful and I would be contacted shortly to advise of the date and details of my DTM interview (on the day in question it was believed that the timescale would be 2-3 weeks).

I am currently trying to study for the interview and following the guidance of the recruitment team I have not made any attempt to contact DTM's or pester staff at depots. In addition to trying to prepare example and scenario based answers I am trying to source information about home depots, however I am finding it a little difficult as on 24/11/2015 the recruitment team couldn't advise which depot I would be interviewing for...

I was wondering if anyone from my assessment day, or any other recent assessment day had heard anything?

Thanks.

Reasearch wise, I'd advise you visit each location you've applied for - if only to be able to say you have done so. I would however, try to learn as much as possible about one location; traction, routes, get into the drivers bothy and have a look at what you see that you can talk about if asked. If asked in the interview what research you've done, you can tell them that altough you visited all locations, you researched. ........... in more detail. Avoid trying to learn too much about several locations, you'll go round the bend.

Last edited:

rfc boy

Has anyone that has had their managers interview over the last 2 weeks heard anything back yet?

gazza8

it seems that the rumors are indeed true...that due to the failure by abellio and company council to agree a deal to include sunday as part of the working week...75% of the new drivers will not be needed and the company will continue as is untill 2018 at least. The 25% will be taken on to cover natural wastage .

anyone have anymore information with reguards to this? i have been A/L due to return today

josecc

I had my managers interview on the 12th of November and still haven't heard anything back.

MarkTwain

Reasearch wise, I'd advise you visit each location you've applied for - if only to be able to say you have done so. I would however, try to learn as much as possible about one location; traction, routes, get into the drivers bothy and have a look at what you see that you can talk about if asked. If asked in the interview what research you've done, you can tell them that altough you visited all locations, you researched. ........... in more detail. Avoid trying to learn too much about several locations, you'll go round the bend.

Thanks for the advice. A little road trip may be in order.

lambretra

I had my managers interview on the 12th of November and still haven't heard anything back.

The manager that interviewed me said if you hadn't heard anything after 2 weeks give the recruitment dept a call.

i was interviewed after you so may be worth a call.

897johnc

Glasgow, medical next week so all going well it should be end of Jan start of Feb.
They're still working through all the applications, so for those that have not heard anything the fat lady is far from singing, it simply takes a long time to work through them all so stay positive and good luck to all who have applied.

Stumac

Whats the thoughts on the process then, it seems people through the initial sift which also seems to be the longest part are progressed fairly quickly. I see that they are still processing applications so the initial sift may be ongoing while others are finnishing. Does that seem to be general opinion or just mine lol?

mw1967

Just for general info for those in the same boat as me. I sat the DM interview on 01/12/15. Was told to expect 2 week wait, at least, to hear news. Called HR the other day and (as expected) they are still working through results for many of these interviews. They hoped to let people know before Christmas but they have a lot on their plate. So patience is the order of the day. :)

josecc

I got an e mail on Friday saying that all interviews have now taken place and they are aiming to have all communications out within a fortnight.

They are now placing people on a reserve list. An old colleague of mine has passed his interview but been placed on a reserve list due to the number of candidates moving forward for 2nd stage assessments.

muchtyboy

Got a phone call from recruitment today informing me I passed my DM interview and will be going forward to the computer based testing and MMI in mid january. Anybody got any tips for the MMI.

POCOYO007

Got a phone call from recruitment today informing me I passed my DM interview and will be going forward to the computer based testing and MMI in mid january. Anybody got any tips for the MMI.

I also had a call to say they were advancing Edinburgh candidates to stage 2 assessments mid January and I should receive an email to confirm dates. I was also told there is still no guarantee of a job:(

Macanacas

Looks like the reserve pool for me :(

Hey, I 2 am in the reserve pool. I know of 2 people who have got on to the training from reserve.

Congrats to the people who have medicals with a view of starting,

Last edited:

Dunc1876

Hey, I 2 am in the reserve pool. I know of 2 people who have got on to the training from reserve. I was told at my MMI that I had some of the highest scores seen at the assessment centre so was slightly disappointed, however happy to be on the reserve for now and not being told a straight no. I was also told by someone already training that the recruitment was slashed by 33% so instead of 100 odd drivers they are only taking on 38! Anyone know anything more about this?

Congrats to the people who have medicals with a view of starting,

Slashing numbers by 33% from a minimum of 100 would still be around 67-68 drivers fella - maths section certainly wouldn't have been one of the highest scores