• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scum Class - Top Gear 'train'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bedpan

Established Member
I'd include people who send highly offensive tweets to rail operators about delays etc that are not of their making. I wouldn't want my mate's Mum, who isn't employed and isn't looking for work, to have to sit with them though - she's 97 and ought to be entitled to a bit more comfort.

calc7

Established Member
I'd include people who send highly offensive tweets to rail operators about delays etc that are not of their making. I wouldn't want my mate's Mum, who isn't employed and isn't looking for work, to have to sit with them though - she's 97 and ought to be entitled to a bit more comfort.

In all fairness, how is a layman meant to know why the signalling is dodgy? Under the pre-nationalised privatised railway, unless it were vandalism it would have been the fault of the railway company!

Though I am not condoning the abusive language and tone of these "tweets".

GlosRail

untitled44.jpg

untitled45.jpg

I think the Top Gear train is due to be repeated in the next couple of weeks on BBC2.

8J

I saw some trainspotters yesterday that I would make sure went into scum class. It's sad really

Nym

Established Member
That's a rather odd thing to say on a forum such as this....

Not really, especially when you observe some of the behaviour of the aggressive photographers that think they're good at it because they have a DSLR or CSC, that makes one want to use a CPC to end their attitudes...

fadge

After seeing Top Gear, (the one with a train made up of caravans) I seen they had a Scum Class coach at the back. If this was an option on all mainline trains who would you put in Scum Class? I would put all drunks and noisey, shoutey mobile phone people in it.

There would definitely be a seat with your name on it

D2022

what's dub step?

A music genre characterised by heavy bass and electronic rhythm.basically half the crap radio on put out after about half 8 on a Friday night.

It lacks a distinct chorus/verse set-up.

It's crap

Lewisham2221

Established Member
what's dub step?

Noise. And not on the sense of older people who regard modern music as noise. It's literally just noise. It's awful. I would suggest that anyone who listens to it only does so because it's 'cool', not because they genuinely enjoy it.

richw

Veteran Member
A music genre characterised by heavy bass and electronic rhythm.basically half the crap radio on put out after about half 8 on a Friday night.

It lacks a distinct chorus/verse set-up.

It's crap

Dont listen to Radio One ever. I'm young (ish), 24, and would rather listen to 70s, and 80s music,

Noise. And not on the sense of older people who regard modern music as noise. It's literally just noise. It's awful. I would suggest that anyone who listens to it only does so because it's 'cool', not because they genuinely enjoy it.

I must be "uncool" as I have never listened to it, I tend to only listen to stuff I can sing along to in the car, or doing housework etc.

After seeing Top Gear, (the one with a train made up of caravans) I seen they had a Scum Class coach at the back. If this was an option on all mainline trains who would you put in Scum Class? I would put all drunks and noisey, shoutey mobile phone people in it.

Would'nt be many in the other coaches,result!;)

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor

RichmondCommu

Established Member
It's a public train, not your private frot room, so please dot treat it like it. I do t particularly want to hear who you're sleeping with, or be deafened by you shouting your cinversation so the whole carriage can hear.

I travel by train far more often than I would prefer and yet I find those kind of instances to be very rare. Indeed my daily commute is often a very peaceful experience, apart from when NR / SWT manage to stuff things up.

8J

That's a rather odd thing to say on a forum such as this....

I beg to differ. I do not see Nazi Solute signs as appropriate behaviour... As a railway guard, I have to say that most of them are friendly and compliant, but there are an off few strange ones that have to go against what we say, then accuse us on twitter... It does my head in if I'm honest...

chris89

Established Member
It's a public train, not your private front room, so please don't treat it like it. I don't particularly want to hear who you're sleeping with, or be deafened by you shouting your conversation so the whole carriage can hear.

I've found that more common on buses.

The amount of times i've heard 16 - 18 year olds on the Arriva 890 from Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton (Or Back) Discussing there sex life and what they get up to is stupid.

Have yet to come across that on trains though.

Chris

richw

Veteran Member

The amount of times i've heard 16 - 18 year olds on the Arriva 890 from Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton (Or Back) Discussing there sex life and what they get up to is stupid.

Chris

We used to get this in our old house, neighbours 16-18 (he'd left school and was in college) year old son used to shout out the window to any mates he seen passing who he'd s**gged the night before. Funny thing was I'd never seen him with a girl the entire 5 years I lived next door to him!

Howardh

Established Member
Reading some of the free Gay/Lesbian newspapers years ago, they tried to get it going where G/L chaps and girls would go for the second carriage in all tube trains - so they could meet (etc etc).

Great idea!

It should be extended...men wanting to meet tall busty blondes (first carriage)
Women wanting to meet tall, dark strangers (third)
Dodgy Russian women looking for millionaires (fourth)
etc etc.

Any more suggestions???

Bungle73

On Moderation
I beg to differ. I do not see Nazi Solute signs as appropriate behaviour... As a railway guard, I have to say that most of them are friendly and compliant, but there are an off few strange ones that have to go against what we say, then accuse us on twitter... It does my head in if I'm honest...
You didn't say anything about Nazi solutes, only that you saw some "train-spotters" who you thought should be in "scum class", and that it was "sad".

Chris
I just picked sex life out of the air, but I people do have a tendency to start discussing matters that really should be dealt with in the privacy of one's own home. But really I don't want to hear anyone's phone conversation shouted around the carriage. Oh how I smile when we enter a tunnel and they get cut off, followed by the obligatory "Hello..? Hello...?". :roll:

elagueesti

The salute (a solute is something dissolved in something else) is a criminal offence in Germany. I seem to recall one odd case some years back where a man was given a short spell in prison for training his dog to perform the salute on command. :lol:

I'm quite lucky in not having encountered any neo-nazis, but my two journeys via Virgin earlier today were memorable for the type of passengers I saw and I would gladly have segregated them in their own carriage, had I the power.

The first thing that hit me was the smell; a cross between damp raincoats and luncheon meat. Most of the younger crowd had opted for takeaway food whilst the older generation had opted for bringing along home made sandwiches. It was the latter that caused greater pollution however - there is nothing quite so vomit inducing as the waft of warm, slightly soggy ham and cheese sandwiches. In this instance the party of four consuming them were afflicted with a condition whereby they were unable to actually close their mouths correctly when eating, so there was also an aural element to the proceedings.

I didn't protest, my journey only being Euston to Milton Keynes it was hardly worth it. The sandwiches in question were bolted down rather fast, I seem to recall it was just past Watford when the Hula Hoops were passed round. At one stage I briefly closed my eyes and for a moment I was transported to a far away land - the crunching noise was reminiscent of that which a group of pensioners, enjoying a leisurely plod along the shingle at Eastbourne would make.

The return journey from MK to London wasn't such a treat, it being full of young "bimbos" (for there is no other adequate word for them) who were intent on discussing their plans for the evening with "Adz and Rich". The quote of the day would have to be "Oh my god, what do we do if there are no toilets at Euston?". What indeed.

SS4

Established Member
  • Most of the "guests" on Jeremy Kyle
  • Jeremy Kyle himself
  • Anyone playing music which is not played through headphones or is obviously too loud to be a mistake
  • Anyone using a mac (may be extended to all Apple products in the future)
  • Hot, smelly food
  • Arrogant idiots
  • Loud conversations (loud defined as audible to half the carriage to hear)

I've attempted to ensure that it's possible to identify said people and so I've left off the unemployed as it's a minefield to identify someone happy on benefit and someone genuinely seeking work.

Status
Not open for further replies.