• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeing Bittern pass through Darlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro

Hi, I'm planning to see Bittern at Darlington this Thursday on its high speed run. It should pass through Doncaster station on the DML. Not sure what DML is but think it could be the freight line that runs parallel to the station on the other side of the station platform wall. Is this right? Thanks for any help.

Update
Ops - I originally said Doncaster, I meant to write Darlington. Bittern is travelling through Doncaster this Saturday.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
DML = Down Main Line. These will be the lines that go through the middle of the station.

This answer refers to Doncaster not Darlington

Astro

Ops - I originally said Doncaster, I meant to write Darlington. Bittern is travelling through Doncaster this Saturday. The DML I refer to in my post is for Darlington. Thanks for your help.

Astro

Hi, I'm planning to see Bittern at Darlington this Thursday on its high speed run. It should pass through Darlington station on the DML. Not sure what DML is but think it could be the freight line that runs parallel to the station on the other side of the station platform wall. Is this right? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Darlington or Doncaster? You mention both. I would say if Darlington that it will be taking the route not through darlington station!

Astro

Its Darlington DML. Bittern is passing through Doncaster this Saturday. Sorry for the mix up.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
if it is Darlington it will surely run via the avoiding line – pictures will be hard unless right in the end of the platform

(and it must be Darlo as Thursday is York - Newcastle – York also surely the top speed will be between Thirsk and Northallerton)

Darandio

Established Member
if it is Darlington it will surely run via the avoiding line – pictures will be hard unless right in the end of the platform

And even then the view is very restrictive with the catenary/supports etc.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Best bet would probably be to avoid the station entierly and try from the car park to be honest

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
The DML I refer to in my post is for Darlington.
The Down Main (and Up Main) at Darlington are the lines that run straight past the station to the east of all platforms and east of the station building.

This is in contrast with the layout at Doncaster, where the non-stop lines are called Down Fast and Up Fast and run through the middle of the station, in between platforms 2/3 and 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.