• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeing forum members unexpectedly

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sftfan1909

Although I was aware of several forum members that I know doing the opening day of the Elizabeth line today, I only actually bumped into one on an unarranged basis and that was @Hadders who was going on the up escalator at Farringdon whilst I was going on the down! I did however see @sftfan1909 on a TV report about the opening this evening.
I'm glad at least one person noticed me :D

D1024

Finally got around to watching the latest episode of 15 Billion pound Railway today - spotted one or 2 forum members in the coverage including i'm pretty sure @Mag_seven getting off the train.

D6130

Established Member
A bit of a retro-post here, but back on Saturday 2nd April this year I was travelling on the 11 08 Manchester Piccadilly-Buxton service when @yorksrob boarded my carriage at Stockport....en route to see his beloved Lancaster City play at Buxton. I was on a pub crawl with some friends from West Yorkshire and we bumped into him again in the Redwillow Brewery Tap, before the start of the match.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
A bit of a retro-post here, but back on Saturday 2nd April this year I was travelling on the 11 08 Manchester Piccadilly-Buxton service when @yorksrob boarded my carriage at Stockport....en route to see his beloved Lancaster City play at Buxton. I was on a pub crawl with some friends from West Yorkshire and we bumped into him again in the Redwillow Brewery Tap, before the start of the match.

Ooh yes, that was a very good day.

The Red Willow brewery is definitely one of my favourites !

BluePenguin

On Moderation
I bumped into @Mag_seven on Friday which was a nice surprise. He came running up to me as Ryan and I came out of the toilets at St Pancras International. Sadly he was in rush to catch a train to Ashford and we were on our way to buy ice cream so couldn't talk for long, although it was genuinely nice to be recognised in public for the first time in a while :lol:

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
I just bumped into @yorkie on my train - a train which he has admitted he catches rarely and on a line I use fully no more than about twice a year - what are the chances :lol:

Established Member
If the person filming this dogbox leaving Llanbister Road would like to own up, then please do so! :D

(I do hope I wasn't snoring too loud earlier in the journey, if you do see this!)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I thought I saw @yorkie in York last week
I'm not convinced; I was in Switzerland that week! Was this at the station? If so what day/time?
I just bumped into @yorkie on my train - a train which he has admitted he catches rarely and on a line I use fully no more than about twice a year - what are the chances :lol:
Yes that was lucky you spotted me as I'd walked straight past you and you had to call me back!
I have not seen @yorkie for ages!
I have not had any of the TPE Guards I know for ages, certainly not knowingly since Covid hit and maybe even year before that. I do take TPE quite a bit too. I always know when you are my Guard as you are so proactive, which I really like to see.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Not as much lately, transpennine woes are grinding me down that much Im losing my mojo, thats when you know something is seriously wrong....

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Were any forum members aboard the evening night time sailing from Birkenhead to Belfast on Monday just gone, specifically sat in the bar from around 21:30 until around 2300 talking extensively about kettles and preserved railways? If so then I was just a few tables away from you and enjoy the conversation.