• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Showers in Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Can people please help me with details of shower facilities in the UK?

Planning an ALR and just trying to factor this in.

Details would be fantastic (charge, if any, first class only etc etc)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Euston ones are very very nice, they're part of the Virgin FC lounge so they're also free of charge.....if you're travelling first class

Standard class, you can't use 'em

me123

Established Member
Some in Glasgow Central as well. Never used them, though.

Tom B

Established Member
Edinburgh has them, as part of the main loos, for a fee.

Used Aberdeen, Fort William and Kings X recently on an ALR. Aberdeen is part of the 1st class lounge and is free for 1st class ticketholders as was Fort William, Kings X was £3 and was the least impressive. Aberdeen was very smart recently built. If you look on the national rail enquiries site and under facilties you can see if the station has shower facilities. Its surprising how many do.

Aictos

Established Member
Euston ones are very very nice, they're part of the Virgin FC lounge so they're also free of charge.....if you're travelling first class

Standard class, you can't use 'em

I always travel FC on long trips where possible, ;) so no fear there!

cyclebytrain

The Euston 1st class showers are pretty good, although the towel situation is not as good. Some are fine, but others are a bit threadbare. But still fantastic after you've ridden across London wearing Hi-vi in the middle of summer!

Oban - for a fee
Aberdeen ones are very good as previous posters have said. Holders of Scotrail Advance card can also use them AFAIK.
Glasgow - they're OK but I've had to queue for quite a while in the past
I *think* Bham New St has some? Or am I imagining?
In the 'old days' Man Picc did too, but not sure that they're still there post-revamp

Drsatan

Established Member
i think waterloo does?

Don't think so: on the few occasions I've spent a penny at Waterloo I haven't noticed them. Probably wouldn't be much demand for them since there are no sleepers to Waterloo and the longest distance trains from Waterloo are to Weymouth (about 120 miles) and Plymouth via Salisbury (about 230 miles).

MCR247

Established Member
If you've spent 10-12 hours on a sleeper a shower would help wake you up. It's called serving the customer, a quickly dying concept on our railways today.

Yes, because there is so many sleeper coming into Nottingham and Derby :roll:

I was referring to I Like Class 153 post above mine

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Lots of offices are now providing showers for their employees who cycle to work. Maybe someone might want to "freshen up" before a long journey ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.